Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, its possible, depends on which lebron shows up lebeast or lechoke, but some good veterans on that team.. dont count the pacers out though, i see them doing somem damage this year
    What's the point of posting this, tbh?..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Pacers like the Clips are great stories and I like both teams.

But neither could beat King James in a 7 game series. Wade even a slight down year ...is better than any player on either team except maybe a healthy Cliff Paul. if wade is better than your star you have no shot at beating Miami because James is far superior to Wade.
    Wade is not even close to being better than CP3

CP3 is a top 3 player in the league, Wade is falling off....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami is not that good this year, the Pacers can def beat them. Only reason I'm not guaranteeing miami out before the finals is because the east is so ing ty

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami is not that good this year, the Pacers can def beat them. Only reason I'm not guaranteeing miami out before the finals is because the east is so ing ty
    You also picked Miami to lose many times before, tbh..

these ty posters that have yet to figure out the irrelevancy of the regular season..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think I need to add anything else that's already been said in this thread.

But this Miami team looked average in the regular season last year and raised their level of play in the playoffs. And none of this, their path was easier. They had no problem beating the team to beat Thunder.

I'm not even confident a motivated Heat can be beat by the Spurs in a 7 game series.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like that way of thinking though. If Shaq is better than your star player then you have no shot at beating the Lakers. Wait, Pistons actually did.
    Pretty horrible comparison. That Pistons team was one of the best defensive teams in NBA history.

Like I've said before, the Pacers will make them work because they are a mismatch for the Heat with their size on the interior but they won't beat them.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'm not comparing both teams, learn how to read.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Paul George has emerged as a legit all star. If Granger comes back to his old form, they got a chance, albeit a small chance. The Pacers have size (Hibbert). Toughness (DWest). Gritty backcourt (Hill - former Spur). They've improved. But when the dust settles, Heat in 7.

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    closet laker fan hoping for the Heat to lose just so it can ease their pain of the Lakers ty season. No one can stop the Heat. Heat in the postseason is a whole different level of bball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2011 Heat were 7-12 vs. the top 4 in the West/East, and the 2012 Heat were 9-10 vs. the top teams in the East/West..

It hasn't affected them in the playoffs..

Miami doesn't have the coaching system to rely on for regular season wins, unlike the Spurs, Bulls, etc..they rely entirely on star power, which does not always translate to regular season success, but generally leads to thriving in the playoffs..

If Miami was coached by Pop or Phil Jackson, they would be a perennial 65-win team.. , even if Thibodeau coached the Heat, they would break 65..thankfully, Lebron and Wade have learned how to pace themselves..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are the only team that can beat a healthy Heat team in a series IMO..Miami would still be favored, though..

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I honestly believe a healthy Lakers team can beat the Heat. Especially with Kobe's new found role.

Nash=Chalmers
    Kobe=Wade
    Lebron> Metta
    Gasol/Clark> Bosh
    Dwight> Haslem/Birdman

Heat are Lucky the Lakers are in the West. If they're in the East. they'll make the 8th seed and face Miami in first round. I'd be scared of facing the Lakers playing like a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are the only team that can beat a healthy Heat team in a series IMO..Miami would still be favored, though..
    I've said it a few times, Parker would need to get us to the finals, Ginobili will need to get us past OKC and Duncan needs to get us past the Heat.

Duncan playing the way he did earlier in the season is a match up nightmare for the Heat. He will overpower them inside, especially playing a high low game with Tiago.

Sadly, we're probably not going to make it past OKC. If we do though, there's no reason to think the Spurs can't beat the Heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not comparing both teams, learn how to read.
    The what the are you saying? In a thread where people are telling you that the superstarless Pacers can't beat the Heat because of Lebron you bring up the superstarless Pistons beating the Lakers with Shaq. There was no reason to bring that up because the cir stance were completely different.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Look man. What I mean is this. I don't agree with the logic behind having a Superstar being better than the other teams star(s) completely eliminates any chances of winning a series, at the end of the day, its still a team game. I cited the Lakers-Pistons series as an example of that theory not as a direct comparison to the Heat. That's all chief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    closet laker fan hoping for the Heat to lose just so it can ease their pain of the Lakers ty season. No one can stop the Heat. Heat in the postseason is a whole different level of bball.
    Jinx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it's not a very good example...it's more like an anomaly. It very, very rarely happens. This post by timvp proves this. You don't get past a championship level team with with a MVP caliber star without another star or a legendary defense.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I honestly believe a healthy Lakers team can beat the Heat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they couldn't last year without bosh, then the odds are against them this year even more..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade is not even close to being better than CP3

CP3 is a top 3 player in the league, Wade is falling off....
    cp3 hasn't done in the play offs though.. sayin wade is better than cp3 should be at least legit if not a given

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also picked Miami to lose many times before, tbh..

these ty posters that have yet to figure out the irrelevancy of the regular season..
    A hater such as myself will always hate on the Heatles tbqh
    Also btqh though, repeating is not easy, people learn a lot about how to beat you and generally others improve around you. Miami hasn't made any huge improvements... Spurs fans should know best about the difficulties of repeating

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Stop trolling. Lakers can beat the Heat. Especially if Jordan Hill is healthy. Again, if the Lakers are an 8th seed in the East, I'm sure Miami will drop a few games to avoid them.

Dwight> Haslem
    Gasol/Clark> Bosh
    Artest< Lebron
    Kobe> Wade (If he's a facilitator)
    Nash> Chalmers

Bench

Meeks=Ray Allen
    Jamison= Lewis
    Blake= Coles

The only advantage is HCA but even their coach is about the same.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    cp3 hasn't done in the play offs though.. sayin wade is better than cp3 should be at least legit if not a given
    Wade hasn't done in the playoffs without Shaq or LeBron.... without either of them, he's done nothing but lose in the first or second round in the craptastic Eastern Conference....

CP3 has never had a Shaq or a LeBron to carry him and has spent his career in the tough West...

Regardless, how does that have anything to do with who's better right now, this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop trolling. Lakers can beat the Heat. Especially if Jordan Hill is healthy. Again, if the Lakers are an 8th seed in the East, I'm sure Miami will drop a few games to avoid them.

Dwight> Haslem
    Gasol/Clark> Bosh
    Artest< Lebron
    Kobe> Wade (If he's a facilitator)
    Nash> Chalmers

Bench

Meeks=Ray Allen
    Jamison= Lewis
    Blake= Coles

The only advantage is HCA but even their coach is about the same.
    below average troll attempt tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade hasn't done in the playoffs without Shaq or LeBron.... without either of them, he's done nothing but lose in the first or second round in the craptastic Eastern Conference....

CP3 has never had a Shaq or a LeBron to carry him and has spent his career in the tough West...
    i consider the first wade le as the premium example of a player winning it all by himself, shaq at the time was basically a caterpillar doing nothing but pushing, he really wasn't even a third of what shaq is.. No matter how you look at it, you can't compare Wade's achivements with cp3's..

Thread Information