Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I was 8 back in 1990 so my memories are very vague, remember people going nuts with Goycochea penalty saves and every one insulting Klinsmann and the Mexican ref for the Penaldo in the final. I might even learnt my first curse words back then . There's a whole generation of kids that didn't even watch the 1993 Copa America, so for them this is huge, lots of drinking, pot smoking, singing and partying in the streets. If somehow they manage to do it on Sunday expect madness, like a ing massive orgy or something like that
    Actually, that peno in the finals was given after an incident with Völler, not Klinsmann.

The Defense doesn't rest Manu'sMagicalLeftHand's Avatar
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

ElNono DAF86 ManuLoco Manu'sMagicalLeftHand

So which you Nazi-harboring s were here?
    If you zoom into that picture you'll find uncle Adolf, Goebbels and quite a few chaps from the old gang.

Not me, I live 20kms. from downtown Buenos Aires. But did go out for a while, people were gathering in towns squares all over the country. Everyone honking their car horns, chanting and doing noise, lots and lots of noise.

Actually, that peno in the finals was given after an incident with Völler, not Klinsmann.
    Amazing flop by Voller. And klinsmann had his own nice flop in that Monzon red card. The funny part is that they didn't even need to flop given the fact that the match was rigged and Codesal was handing the cup to Germany.

Believe.
    Post Count
    thanks... been too long since we've been here... and to think some teams never been... I can't believe I'm gonna watch a 4th World Cup Final... still hasn't sunk in...
    Same here, same here...you are not the only old fart

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4675/...erve-it-robben

Netherlands winger was left deflated after their semi-final defeat and says he hopes Germany go on to win the tournament

Arjen Robben said Argentina didn't deserve to reach the World Cup final after beating his Netherlands side 4-2 on penalties in Wednesday's semi-final.

There was little in the way of goalscoring opportunities at either end in a disappointing encounter, with the scoreline goalless after extra-time.

The match was decided by a penalty shoot-out and while Tim Krul's quarter-final heroics saw the Dutch beat Costa Rica on spot-kicks, on this occasion misses from Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder proved costly.

Maxi Rodriguez struck the winning penalty for Argentina, but Robben was in no mood to offer his congratulations as he came to terms with the defeat.

"Argentina did not deserve to win," the Bayern Munich winger claimed.

"They did not have many chances and the best chances fell to us. The final? I think Germany have proved more and I have many friends there, so I hope they win the World Cup."

The Oranje will face Brazil in a third-place play-off on Saturday, but when asked about the prospect of ending the compe ion on a high, Robben could do little to hid his misery.

"Honestly, it's not a le that interests me," he admitted.

"But, I am very proud of this team. Of course it is difficult to fail when you come so close, but the fact we managed to get here is amazing. We mustn't blame anyone, everyone did a great job."
    Estoy triste

Netherlands
    chokers
    diving cheats
    van Pussy

Nah, I didn't go there. Gotta travel by train to get there and well, in this country I try to avoid travelling by train as much as I can.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    thanks... been too long since we've been here... and to think some teams never been... I can't believe I'm gonna watch a 4th World Cup Final... still hasn't sunk in...
    I've been lucky to see the only two France finals in my prime tbh

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Spain
    Post Count
    Wow how salty can you get... Robben Dutch Losers Operation Fail Garden Total Flopping Football

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Wow how salty can you get... Robben Dutch Losers Operation Fail Garden Total Flopping Football
    choked on breakaway last WC Final
    choked on PK in CL final
    refused to take penalty after choking in CL final
    ugly
    looks 52 years old
    flopping

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    makeover

My Team
    Spain
    Post Count
    Whatta Dutchman

My Team
    Spain
    Post Count
    Wait, Robben is only ing 30 years old? aging poorly

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    If you zoom into that picture you'll find uncle Adolf, Goebbels and quite a few chaps from the old gang.

Not me, I live 20kms. from downtown Buenos Aires. But did go out for a while, people were gathering in towns squares all over the country. Everyone honking their car horns, chanting and doing noise, lots and lots of noise.
    Me neither, 20 kms up north? Me too!

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Wait, Robben is only ing 30 years old? aging poorly
    He lost his hair. Guy was running up & down the field the entire tournament. If Messi had 1/2 the stamina & acceleration of Robben

The Defense doesn't rest Manu'sMagicalLeftHand's Avatar
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Me neither, 20 kms up north? Me too!
    Northwest.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    "I asked two players to take the first ball before ending up with Vlaar," said incoming Manchester United manager Van Gaal.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Thank Messi I don't live in Bs As. I live in a place that is actually habitable. With cool breathing air and enough space to fart without your neighbord knowing about it.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4675/...erve-it-robben

Estoy triste

Netherlands
    chokers
    diving cheats
    van Pussy
    "They did not have many chances and the best chances fell to us"

Like which one? They didn't have a single shot on goal.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    "I asked two players to take the first ball before ending up with Vlaar," said incoming Manchester United manager Van Gaal.

Robben and Sneijder. You don't even have to ask God if he wants to go first.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Van Gaal throwing players under the bus per par
    Can't wait till he gets to ManUre

Believe.
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Van Gaal throwing players under the bus per par
    Can't wait till he gets to ManUre
    Thank god this f*cker isn't on duty with Arsenal.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    VG being the bag he is, tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Lol, Vlaar's Penalty shot may have chrossed the line via backspin. Nobody is sure if it really did and if Vlaar also didn't touch it but there is a chance its the case (it would/should have counted if he didn't touch it and it was fully over the line).

Thread Information