Case in point. Fools.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Case in point. Fools.
    What was it like after you killed yourself?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cincinnati Bearcats
    old man reply fail

Keep up the meltdown, old man.

E: old man editing his up

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    but then that same thing extends to the flying spaghetti monster, or any other en y than anybody can conjure up in their imagination.
    This is true and maybe one of the most profound things you have ever said, the imagination is one of mankinds most powerful and creative mechanisms.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Notice the two fools? Yes, you know who you are. I have them totally obsessed with me!

Talk about trolling! I am their Troll God.

And saddest of all: they have absolutely zero to say!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Notice the two fools? I have them totally obsessed with me!

Talk about trolling! I am their Troll God.
    ^^^ derailing ^^^

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    but then that same thing extends to the flying spaghetti monster, or any other en y than anybody can conjure up in their imagination.
    That is absolutely correct. Even the most ridiculous things have the possibility of existing based upon our current knowledge. An intelligent decision cannot be made under any cir stance with the small amount of knowledge we as a species have gathered. It is pointless to conclude that believers and non-believers are right or wrong. The answer to every question beyond our knowledge should ALWAYS be undeniable truth. We just don't know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    That's three.

Try for at least two more.

That will confirm your meltdown.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That is absolutely correct. Even the most ridiculous things have the possibility of existing based upon our current knowledge. An intelligent decision cannot be made under any cir stance with the small amount of knowledge we as a species have gathered. It is pointless to conclude that believers and non-believers are right or wrong. The answer to every question beyond our knowledge should ALWAYS be undeniable truth. We just don't know.
    Which takes us back to that most powerful and creative mechanism called imagination.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cincinnati Bearcats
    This is true and maybe one of the most profound things you have ever said, the imagination is one of mankinds most powerful and creative mechanisms.
    old man sucking up to a poster that owned him in the past

Glad to see you do know some science, and some logic, as well as the Raiders.
    wish i could say the same

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^^ ^^^

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Which takes us back to that most powerful and creative mechanism called imagination.
    Perhaps even a persons imagination could be considered a deity. After all, science fiction can become science fact. You just have to try to figure it out. Then again, the Bible states that God has made us in his own image. Perhaps all of us could be considered a god because we can make the impossible, possible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cincinnati Bearcats
    Yes, old man, congratulations on discovering the master emotes list on ST.

This is the online equivalent of watching a special needs baby take its first steps.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    That's four.

One more and we have confirmed meltdown.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I own both those two fools, they follow me everywhere, even while I have them on ignore, fools!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I own both those two fools, they follow me everywhere!
    Close enough.

You got shamed into refraining from the emoticon.

lol ignore

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cincinnati Bearcats
    Old man spamming threads, flinging emotes, constantly insulting posters.

This meltdown is certainly a sight to see.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I can't wait to see his retort.

Probably something about owning something!

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Perhaps even a persons imagination could be considered a deity. After all, science fiction can become science fact. You just have to try to figure it out. Then again, the Bible states that God has made us in his own image. Perhaps all of us could be considered a god because we can make the impossible, possible.
    I have felt this way for a long time. Like you said, "created in His image", and Christ also said "we would do these things and greater", so my contention is we are creating as God creates and not merely because He said we would, or because He is within all of us, but because our imaginations, channeled properly, is such a strong misunderstood mechanism.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cincinnati Bearcats
    Maybe something about being a Troll God.

Or something about ignoring people.

Either way, the only reason this hasn't reached epic status is because he hasn't faked his death again so far.

E , yup, the pathetic old man could help himself:

I own you stupid stupid morons!
    This is too fuuny.
    Be my guests, you have no choice, you must post after me, I own you thoroughly and there is nothing either of you can do about it.
    Please, don't stop, this is too good.
    Last edited by anakha; 10-17-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    lol shamed into perfunctory on topic post

He'll turn soon enough.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I own you stupid stupid morons!
    This is too fuuny.
    Be my guests, you have no choice, you must post after me, I own you thoroughly and there is nothing either of you can do about it.
    Please, don't stop, this is too good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You know what xellos88330, your post epitomizes the idea that high intelligence doesn't necessarily lead to critical thinking. You're obviously very intelligent; it's evident in the eloquence with which you defend your ideas. But the mental gymnastics you have to go through just to arrive at your position betrays its intrinsic irrationality. Since you've taken the time to type out a thoughtful reply, I will extend you the courtesy of doing the same by responding to your points piece by piece.

In your first paragraph, you state that perhaps science will one day find the answer. That is a statement of faith. Science could in theory find out that "God(s)" do indeed exist. You are once again treading into the unknown. Everyone knows that religion has always been used as a way to reason and cope with natural phenomena beyond our logical/scientific understanding. This leads to my response to your second paragraph.
    You seem to be confusing the semantics of the word "faith" here. There is a clear distinction between the conventional sense of the word faith (i.e. I have faith that the waiter who served me food in the restaurant did not put food poisoning in it) and its religious connotations (i.e. I believe that Jesus was born of a virgin because the Bible says so). In fact, if you look up the word "faith" in the Oxford English Dictionary, you'll see clearly that it's been broken down into two separate definitions.

Religion has long been used to reason or cope with natural phenomena. Whether or not it was correct was always a question which advanced the sciences further. Religion once stated that the Earth was the center of the universe. One person sought to see if that was really how it worked. Religion does not hamper critical thinking, but instead inspires it. The proof is in this thread in front of you.
    The Catholic Church actively suppressed Galilieo's heliocentrism, and did not officially recognize its error until late into the 20th century. And if you want a more recent example, you need only see the gigantic "Evolution...?" thread here in the Club, where people brainwashed by religious dogma are now actively denying the very bedrock upon which modern biology is built. A bedrock, by the way, which has been definitely established by the scientific community to be true beyond the shadow of a doubt. America has become the laughingstock of the world for its denial of evolution. Is this not a direct consequence of religion's capacity to suppress critical thinking?

You also seem to completely misunderstand the holy books as well. You say that it isn't a good example of proof of a deity. I am actually inclined to agree. The book isn't meant to be a proof of existence in my eyes. The books are meant to teach for the betterment of mankind. They tell stories and within those stories are messages of awe and wonder.
    The Bible is meant to teach for the betterment of mankind? Have you even read this book? This is just a short list of some among many of the repugnant things God did in the Bible:

1. Commit genocide (1 Samuel 15:3)
    2. Murder innocent babies (Numbers 16: 41-49)
    3. Sanction slavery (Exodus 21)
    4. Hate ugly people (Leviticus 21: 17-24)
    5. Send bears to kill children (4 Kings 2: 23-24)
    6. Order his underlings to kill their own children (Genesis 22: 1-12)
    7. Kill someone for not procreating (Genesis 38: 1-10)
    8. Kill people who complain (Numbers 16: 1-49)

Needless to say, if God still operated today, he would be convicted for being the biggest instigator of human rights violations in all of history.

And if you're going to say that these were all written in the Old Testament and that the New Testament does away with them, remember that Jesus said, "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34) Is this really your idea of teaching for the betterment of mankind?

How do we know that the characters in the stories did not in fact exist? In many cases the subjects of the bible have been found to have existed from archeological finds having nothing to do with religion. The plagues were explained. Sodom and Gomorrah were found. The walls of Jericho from the Bible timeline were found. The Sea of Galilee still exists today as does the foundation of temple of Solomon and the city of Jerusalem. Proof has been uncovered by science that these phenomena could have existed. Can you without a shadow of a doubt still say that the Bible has no truth to it whatsoever although your science has found it to be possible?
    Certainly, the Bible has historical references to it that even a secular historian would not dispute. I have never denied this. But so what? The fact that the Bible mentions a few places that really existed is nothing spectacular. The Twilight series has allusions to the existence of Phoenix, Arizona. That doesn't mean vampires are real. Now, if these same scientists can uncover DNA samples that proves Jesus was born of a virgin, or that He rose from the dead, then we'd be talking.

How could I possibly be making a false equivalency between an assumption and another assumption? They are BOTH assumptions. An assumption is something that is accepted as being true without any proof otherwise. How can you say something is false based on an assumption? If you ask me, you are being just as deluded and blind as those people whom you are looking as deluded and blind. In reality, we ALL are deluded and blind because we cannot figure it all out.
    It's a false equivalency because one assumption is made on the basis of evidence (or lack thereof), while the other is made on the basis of faith. Those are two totally different things. The former is empirically verifiable and scientifically testable, while the latter is not. Please don't drag us into the same boat, when we're clearly standing on unequal footing here.

You bring up the legend of bigfoot and the loch ness monster to assist your argument, but that is also a ridiculous thing to bring up. There is a scientific concept in paleontology called Lazarus taxon. The concept itself was named this due to something thought to have been extinct or missing resurfacing. Just like Lazarus being brought back from the dead by Jesus. Can you still say that bigfoot or Nessie couldn't exist?
    You're missing the point. I never said that they couldn't exist. Maybe they do; I don't know with 100% certainty. Same way that I can't say that God doesn't exist with 100% certainty. But come on, let's be realistic. No sane, rational person living in the 21st century would believe in the existence of Bigfoot; there's just no good reason to do so. The same holds true for God.

silverblk mystix
    abandoned by his ally so fakes his death
    lawyer
    Victor
    meltdown of all meltdowns
    ultimate move
    still gets pissed when reminded of it

didn't deny he is a bakla
    mabaho puwett
    ladyboy
    third world country

Thread Information