John Lynch
    Jerome Bettis
    Morten Anderson
    Terrell Davis
    Orlando Pace
    Don Coryell
    Jimmy Johnson
    Tony Dungy

only 5 will get in. Charles Haley, TD, Orlando Pace, Tim Brown, Don Coryell if up to me

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Junior Seau is a lock.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol steroids

My Team
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Post Count
    John Lynch>>>

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    than what?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Kurt Warner - abso inlutely. Greatest Show on Turf, took 2 dog franchises to the SB, and if not for favorable Steelers call (surprise, surprise), he wins with both teams
    Will Shields - yes, great OG for many years.
    Charles Haley - tbh I though he was already in.
    Marvin Harrison - Serial Killer, no.
    Tim Brown - Yes, consistent performer despite horrendous QB play through the years
    Kevin Greene - No
    Junior Seau - He deserves it, despite the additional pity points he'll receive. Dude managed to start on one of the all-time great teams too, even after his brain was mush.
    John Lynch - No, 5th best player on that defense.
    Jerome Bettis - He'll obviously make it, unfortunately...Canton has a hard-on for all things Pittsburgh, which may ultimately be Greene's saving grace too.
    Morten Anderson - LOL no.
    Terrell Davis - Amazing peak, but he does not deserve to be in the HOF--yeah, he would've been a lock had he never gotten injured--but he did and thems the breaks.
    Orlando Pace - yes, one of the most dominant OT's ever.
    Don Coryell - meh, big show no results.
    Jimmy Johnson - If this was the Football HOF (College and Pros) then w/o question.
    Tony Dungy - He'll obviously make it too, just because he was the first black coach to win it all.
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 01-09-2015 at 04:52 AM.

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I'd go Kurt Warner, Will Shields, Pancake Pace, Charles Haley and Tim Brown.

Charles Haley - tbh I though he was already in.
    He deserves to be. I wonder if the fact that he's a mental case has something to do with him not being in. IMO He's more deserving than other DE's who are already in (Fred Dean.)

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Jerome Bettis is the leagues all time 6th leading rusher, in the top 25 scoring, he gets in.

Tim Brown is the leagues all time 6th leader in yards, he's number 5 in receptions and number 16 in scoring. He gets in.

There are tons of backs and receivers in the HOF with far inferior numbers to those two. We won't find Lynn Swann on any all time list, yet he's in the HOF.

Bettis gained over 13,000, Larry Csonka a little over 8,000, he's in the HOF.

You can't have a HOF without Marvin Harrison, his numbers put him there.

If they are putting Floyd Little in then they have to have Terrell Davis who did far more than Little did. Yet....neither of them among the 50 top rushers in NFL history.

John Hadl is number 17 in TD passes, he's number 8 in passing yards, he's far superior to Kurt Warner in both. Warner is listed at 33/15. Yet Hadl will never be mentioned....weird.

The whole thing is weird to be honest. Compare Lynn Swann's number to those of Cliff Branch, not even close, Branch had a far more productive career.

The only player who belongs in the HOF despite his numbers ....Gale Sayers. He was so amazing his numbers simply don't matter.

Carlton "Cookie" Gilchrist was the first 1000 yard rusher in the old AFL, he was that leagues stud back for about 4 years. Hmmm?

Cookie the only 1000 yard rusher in pro football with no college experience, he went straight from high school to the CFL where he starred there playing both ways and kicking. The Bills got him from the CFL.

So...

Bettis
    Brown
    Harrison
    Pace...most deserving of all of them
    Dungy....a black coach thing.

Both those 60/70 Packer/Steeler teams with 9 HOF's off those teams....wow! Imagine a backfield where both backs made the HOF...Jim Taylor/Paul Hornung.

Then there was Willie Galimore, this guy was one of the most amazing runners ever seen, but.....during his career the Bears also had a stud fullback named Rick Casares, they pretty much shared the carries with Casares being the 1000 yard rusher. Only Sayers/Sanders more...wow!!!!!....backs than Galimore.

Led the nation in the long jump 24-11 as a high schooler, his older brother Roger one of the fastest men in the world.

Last edited by Avante; 01-09-2015 at 11:13 AM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Still no sign of Jerry Kramer

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Way way too many in all these HOF's. That should be the place for the elite of the elite, not Floyd Little/Lynn Swann. They have no business there at all....none!

You want those who stunned us with their greatness. Guys who stood head and shoulders above the others in their era. Jim Brown, Emlen Tunnell, "Night Train" Lane, David "Deacon" Jones, Otto Graham.....those kinds of players.

Kurt Warner????

Vinny Testerverde threw for 275tds, Warner....208. Vinny threw for over 46, 000 yards, Warner...32, 000 something. , Dave Kreig also had more tds/yards than Warner.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Kurt Warner's greatness was pretty stunning.

He's got my vote. And most peoples.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Warner will have my vote ultimately, but he's not in my top 5 of this finalist group

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Warner will have my vote ultimately, but he's not in my top 5 of this finalist group
    He had a strange career, half his career real weak, the other half real good, the guy had six seasons with less than a dozen TD's. His claim to fame, taking two teams to a SB.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    He had a strange career, half his career real weak, the other half real good, the guy had six seasons with less than a dozen TD's. His claim to fame, taking two teams to a SB.
    sure, if you count seasons where he played 1 game, 2 games, 7 games, 10 games.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I've got Warner, Bettis, Haley, Pace and Junior

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    sure, if you count seasons where he played 1 game, 2 games, 7 games, 10 games.
    He had 8 seasons where he started 11 games or less, and his numbers reflected that. He had a few great seasons, but most his career was very ordinary.

Like I mentioned he's way down there among the elite in TD's/yards.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-09-2015 at 12:40 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    He had 8 seasons where he started 11 games or less, and his numbers reflected that. He had a few great seasons, but most his career was very ordinary.
    He's got the multiple MVPs. He's got the Super Bowl MVP. He's got the passing records.

it's not even a debate unless you're a fat old living on a deserted island jacking off to track and field almanacs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I've got Warner, Bettis, Haley, Pace and Junior
    I thought Haley was a no brainer last year (though I'm glad Ray Guy got in ), and this year I think Haley and Pace are the two easiest picks. of the 5 i mentioned in the OP, the only one i would rethink is TD. Coryell's legacy is huge and he changed the game as much as anybody. we talk about different eras when talking about QB stats, and he's one of the pioneers of the modern downfield passing game. he's a charger, but i'd have to have him in there. and Brown should get in on numbers alone... and as DD said you have to account for the horrendous QB play he dealt with until his last few years. had he swapped career QB's with Rice, they very well could have swapped stats

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I go back and forth on Coryell. On one hand he definitely had a huge influence on modern offensive football; on the other hand he was more a disciple of Sid Gillman than a revolutionary figure in his own right, IIRC. Plus he didn't win any championships.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tons of League MVP's that don't belong in the HOF..

Earl Morrall
    John Brodie
    Bert Jones
    Mark Moseley...a kicker
    Roman Gabriel

to name a few.

Superbowl MVP's??? Do Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Larry Brown, Dexter Jackson, Deion Branch, belong in the HOF, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt Warner played on one of the greatest offenses ever, and they threw the ball, and threw the ball. He had a career full of so so seasons to go with some great ones. I like the facts.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Add Desmond Howard to the superbowl MVP guys

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Add Desmond Howard to the superbowl MVP guys
    The HOF needs to be about the total body of work/career compared to others who play the position vs their era.

But.....we will see Warner in the HOF, his story tailor made for prime time. Bagging groceries to SB MVP.....they gobble that stuff up.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Kurt Warner didn't start in the NFL until he was 28 years old. To just add up his career totals and judge him that way is not taking everything in context. Part of his NFL glory is his road to get there. If you were to explain Kurt Warner's career path to somebody who had never heard of him, you'd think it was a made up Hollywood script. Took 2 different franchises to the superbowl, the second of which after he was considered old and done. Dude is a legend. He will get in, and probably soon.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Kurt Warner didn't start in the NFL until he was 28 years old. To just add up his career totals and judge him that way is not taking everything in context. Part of his NFL glory is his road to get there. If you were to explain Kurt Warner's career path to somebody who had never heard of him, you'd think it was a made up Hollywood script. Took 2 different franchises to the superbowl, the second of which after he was considered old and done. Dude is a legend. He will get in, and probably soon.
    I totally agree, yep, his story....Hollywood. Take away that Superbowl guarantee and Joe Namath isn't there. Take away those SB catchs and Lynn Swann isn't there.

I 'm just aware of all those seasons where Warner wouldn't be in any conversation about that seasons elite QB's. Yep.....unique....career,

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Steroids is gonna get in over Tim Brown

Thread Information