Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1749
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love watching Steph play.

i remember the scrawny undersized SG from a private school here in Charlotte. No way did anyone see that kid becoming MVP or leading a team to an NBA le. Takes a special type of hater to hate on Steph Curry.
    There is something inherently likable about him. He reminds me of how Caltex would look if I saw him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've always been fascinated by pg's who are also great outside shooters... curry, nash, and price come to mind. not really counting kerr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

^The hand of a re ed got.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^Classic examples of why people should not reveal details about their personal life on ST but re s continue to do so. Thanks for the though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^The hand of a re ed got.
    That hand stays at better hotels than your entire body.

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    That hand stays at better hotels than your entire body.
    This thread shows this fool knows nothing about basketball so now you're trying to deflect with hotel talk. What kind of life are you living?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread shows this fool knows nothing about basketball so now you're trying to deflect with hotel talk. What kind of life are you living?
    The kind that your mind offers, rent free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Classic examples of why people should not reveal details about their personal life on ST but re s continue to do so. Thanks for the though.

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    The kind that your mind offers, rent free.
    No one really needs to on you anymore, you killed yourself with your own thread. Dumb fathands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one really needs to on you anymore, you killed yourself with your own thread. Dumb fathands
    You haven't even read it, and even if you did someone who thinks WWE is real fighting probably couldn't stay in the conversation beyond box scores.

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    You haven't even read it, and even if you did someone who thinks WWE is real fighting probably couldn't stay in the conversation beyond box scores.
    You should be the last person to bring up box scores. You repeatedly nitpicked box scores in failed attempts to justify your debacle of a thread, what a ing joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should be the last person to bring up box scores. You repeatedly nitpicked box scores in failed attempts to justify your debacle of a thread, what a ing joke.
    Anyone who understands the game and has read the thread knows I wasn't wrong. You just think you're piling on, because you're poor and a redneck.

My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Anyone who understands the game and has read the thread knows I wasn't wrong. You just think you're piling on, because you're poor and a redneck.
    Weren't wrong about what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't wrong about what?

There are little things Curry does that go unnoticed by fans because he's exciting to watch, and like you said, he's mostly efficient, unlike a guy like JR Smith or even Kobe/Carmelo most of the time..

For example, in the game tonight, Curry had a big switched onto him several times and still forced an off the dribble 3, even when there was nothing there, rather than swinging the ball to their big on the mismatch, which was Bogut, a capable finisher with a good hook shot, against Mills a few times IIRC..

I can't really blame him, though, Golden State is a very poorly coached team this season, they don't have the structure they had last year..
    When your team gets out rebounded by their point guard, you're pretty much done.

Curry might be shooting like , but he's still taking the shots. I actually am more impressed lately that the bigs have been getting touches and making it count than by Curry's numbers. No way that team goes very far with their fate resting on Curry's ability to come off high screens and take quick, contested 3s. It should be in the arsenal, but he'd get wide open looks if he established an inside game for a couple quarters. Then again, his ability to hit shots opens up the paint. That one-two combination punch should be used more effectively, but Mark Jackson is a tool.
    few people on this forum would argue that Curry is better than Parker. Parker hasn't exactly been on his a-game this year, but he's still the guy you'd rather have in a playoff game
    Still, Curry had only 2 turnovers, one of them crucial, but that's an improvement. They need to work on moving the ball. If he can keep his turnovers down and the team can move the ball to the open shooter, I like their chances.
    Steph is ranked 47th in the league in 3pt% but 1st in 3pt attempts. That's a problem. Steph is a better shooter than that, so his shot selection is poor, and there's a reason for that: Curry would be better suited at the 2 (though he's small) where he doesn't have to run the point. That's why Klay's shooting % is so much higher, he gets better looks. Steph needs to accept the difference between being open and having a good look.
    I've already made my case, I'm providing evidence that box score people like you understand. As the season unfolds, have I been proven more right or more wrong?

Two facts you need to accept:

1. Curry takes the most 3's of anyone in the NBA
    2. Curry is 47th in 3pt %

Shooting contested 28' 3s at a rate higher than anyone in the NBA and with 47th place results is the very definition of a chucker. It's like a batter who swings at every pitch, and he has the most strikeouts but the most homers as well. His on base percentage is very low, and he's hurting his team but he's boosting his individual HR numbers. Curry is boosting his PPG, but he's not helping the team by shooting 3s at that clip, and his % for as good of a shooter as he is, is indicative of poor shot selection and still deciding he's a better option at 28' than someone else at 18 or even at the rim.

Blame that on the coach, I have to an extent, but the PG is the decision maker on the floor, and it's not even volume of shots tbh but shot selection. If he was getting to the rim and took 25 a game, even if he missed a bunch of them, those are good shots to take. Chuckers don't seem have that "good shot to take" dialed in and their window is wide open.

I also said Mark Jackson should be fired. I said Curry does fine until his legs get tired, but he keeps shooting regardless (circa 2013 playoffs) and it costs them. In the past two seasons Curry was logging 42 min a game in the playoffs. This year it's 38. When you watch him now, he's often not even the one bringing the ball up. He goes and stands in the corner, and then cuts to the opposite side and up to the top of the circle eventually. Meanwhile other people are involved and are touching the ball, people like Harrison Barnes.

I've yet to see Steph shoot that 28' contested 3 off the high screen in the playoffs. I've seen him pass up looks he would have never hesitated to take in the past, opting to pass to a cutter or drive into the paint. That's stuff he's learned from coaching and film sessions.

So like I said a couple years ago, he's a great shooter, but even great shooters can have bad shot selection and he did. That "can't miss" at ude is great until they start missing. This year, he's been more selective. You can't necessarily see it in the box score but that never tells the entire story. He does stlll commit some poor turnovers.

Oh.. and lol at the Tony Parker quote from Philo.. where you at Philo? Talk about det one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya, DMC does put blame on the coach and system, not just the player, like most do, which he deserves credit for..he bashes Westbrook all the time, too, but blames coaching for a lot of it IIRC..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what i was responding to... just to throw it out there

Damn, I never noticed how ty of a player Curry really is. His FG % is ing terrible. Lol @ people saying this clown is a better PG than TP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    We're all en led to be wrong from time to time.

Curry has exceeded expectations. A lot of us didn't see this caliber Curry ever happening...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    We're all en led to be wrong from time to time.

Curry has exceeded expectations. A lot of us didn't see this caliber Curry ever happening...
    i've always liked curry and knew the potential was there. i just was giving TP the benefit of the doubt. turns out his decline was permanent... and accelerated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "This used to be Jackson’s team; it spoke with his voice; now it is Curry’s squad, beyond all doubt. He’s taken more of a leadership role, He’s just gotten better all-around, whether it’s taking care of the ball, making better decisions, better shot-selection and more so, he’s definitely a leader." -Green on Curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is trash. Lucked out with all the injuries this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is trash. Lucked out with all the injuries this season.
    The league has a history of fast rising stars who take advantage of the situation. There are the long term GOATs and then there are those who make that push into s om and maybe linger a bit before regressing to the mean, or when other players are back at full strength and these new stars aren't at the top. Truth be told, if the Warriors were a mediocre team Steph doesn't get the MVP, even with his same output. It takes a village.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL... ing overrated chucker
    You have earned the right to gloat tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC ting on us all tonight, tbh..

Thread Information