Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I unchecked just about everything on the install - not a fan of the new features which are nice for average user tho imo. Restarting takes twice as long now but I'm liking the new layout; not a far cry from Win 7
    It should absolutely not take longer for Windows 10 to startup. Should be a lot faster than 7.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Just upgraded...crossing my fingers because Windows 7 is terrific
    OMG....

What a ing mistake.

Should have stick with windows 7.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I've been using it for a while now, love it... a lot closer to the Windows 7 experience. Just make sure you disable all the call home ...
    In case I kissed that, what are you referring to?

I don't fire up my laptop much, and it's at work 5 days a week. take it home to update. I usually just play KSP or movies at work.

What a joke for a $1050 laptop, huh...

Oh well. I sometimes fire up my hotspot and log in here with it too.

I do so little with my laptop, partially because i hate windows X. My tower here at home stuill has Window 7 on it.

So much slower than my retired desktop with XP on it, and the CPU in my win 7 computer is so much faster.

God. I hate micro .

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    It should absolutely not take longer for Windows 10 to startup. Should be a lot faster than 7.
    The startup is faster, but there are other delays I find idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't fire up my laptop much, and it's at work 5 days a week. take it home to update. I usually just play KSP or movies at work.

What a joke for a $1050 laptop, huh...

Oh well. I sometimes fire up my hotspot and log in here with it too.

I do so little with my laptop, partially because i hate windows X. My tower here at home stuill has Window 7 on it.

So much slower than my retired desktop with XP on it, and the CPU in my win 7 computer is so much faster.

God. I hate micro .
    ... that's impossible unless you have some major driver conflicts. Did you upgrade or do a clean install? That might be your problem. Windows 10 is faster across the board than 7. It blows xp out of the water.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I unchecked just about everything on the install - not a fan of the new features which are nice for average user tho imo. Restarting takes twice as long now but I'm liking the new layout; not a far cry from Win 7
    weird. I have Fastboot set in the bios, UEFI install with an SSD, it takes exactly 6 seconds from pushing the on button to the log in screen... it's crazy fast.

You do get some slowdowns if it install updates while restarting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cortana, Smart Screen, telemetry, check the privacy stuff under settings, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cortana, Smart Screen, telemetry, check the privacy stuff under settings, etc
    Especially that "feature" that shares your wifi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially that "feature" that shares your wifi.
    yeah... I also disabled all background apps, except weather and clock & alarm... also uninstalled the "Get Skype" and "Get Office 360" apps, which all they do is send you notifications to download those apps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    weird. I have Fastboot set in the bios, UEFI install with an SSD, it takes exactly 6 seconds from pushing the on button to the log in screen... it's crazy fast.

You do get some slowdowns if it install updates while restarting...
    I think it was updates because it starts up really fast now

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Decided to upgrade to Windows 10 today, and thank god it fixed my bluetooth audio issues. Now I can use my Sony audi system as my TV speakers (which is my monitor).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Nevermind, Bluetooth skipping is back and wont go away regardless of drivers. Just bought a RCA to 3.5mm cable and saved myself the hassle. I hate bluetooth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ever since upgrading to this pos OS, keep on gettin bsod, and keep on hearin some noise, either the hdd is acting up or psu is running out of juice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minor complaint: Start button stopped working. (could still right click it for alternate menu) Fixed it by creating another user and logging into that account, then restarting back into the main account. Not a major issue but annoying nonetheless.

Thread Information