Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That cop looks like someone who could just as easily be a mass shooter as he could a cop. These people go through the academy just to play with guns and get the go ahead to threaten and shoot people. Power hungry gots with license to kill.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    I find it weirder that this is the thing that bothers you.
    We done cherry picking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This hardly looks like a pellet rifle, especially if you're seeing it pointed out a window at a hotel.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count

This hardly looks like a pellet rifle, especially if you're seeing it pointed out a window at a hotel.
    He could have pointed a banana out the window. That cop had his mind made up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another mentally ill, less cop, drunk on the power of state behind him, knowing he's immune from prosecution, magic "I Feared For My Life", whose preferred "de-escalation" technique is always to murder the citizen.

and this unarmed dead guy was white and quite drunk, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And do you think the guests at the pool had their mind made up as well? Do you think they would have reported that there was a guy pointing a banana at them?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

damn, daniel didn't stand a chance. dweeb cop covered in tats, tactical gear and his special rifle...he wasn't going to let daniel make it to the morning
    Tats on a cop.... Yeah, guilty.
    Cmon...?

The cop did not know if anyone else was in the room and was clearly agitated about the situation. Knowing this, why in the would you reach for your waist. "I'm drunk so I might miss some of the orders?" The poor guy may have been attempting to just pull up his pants. And for gosh sakes, we just had a mass killing in Las Vegas, so we got a lot of very jumpy people.

Problem is that so many people have weapons now our police cannot act like European cops on the beat that don't even carry guns. This is more than a cop goes rogue, it's bigger than this.

I really do feel terrible for that guy though. Dumbass drinking and pointing a "gun" out of the window does not deserve to die like that though.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    And do you think the guests at the pool had their mind made up as well? Do you think they would have reported that there was a guy pointing a banana at them?
    I think he had his mind made up the guy wasn't holding a rifle or a shotgun on him. He had a partner, the woman was cuffed, he could have cuffed him. Why on Earth did he feel the need to make him crawl towards him at that point? He could have tased him. So much why's. Balance of power has clearly shifted too much towards law enforcement. A fifteen minutes conversation with a power hungry cop is usually 12 minutes longer than needed to see that he shouldn't be in a position of authority.

I'm still not sure why since the cop has had training why your resorting to the judgement of some pool going hotel occupants to judge that situation. The deceased clearly looked scared less and flustered. Did the professionally trained civil soldier ever see a gun?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he had his mind made up the guy wasn't holding a rifle or a shotgun on him. He had a partner, the woman was cuffed, he could have cuffed him. Why on Earth did he feel the need to make him crawl towards him at that point? He could have tased him. So much why's. Balance of power has clearly shifted too much towards law enforcement. A fifteen minutes conversation with a power hungry cop is usually 12 minutes longer than needed to see that he shouldn't be in a position of authority.

I'm still not sure why since the cop has had training why your resorting to the judgement of some pool going hotel occupants to judge that situation. The deceased clearly looked scared less and flustered. Did the professionally trained civil soldier ever see a gun?
    Did both cops know how many people were still in the room?

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Did both cops know how many people were still in the room?
    No because no one in this situation was currently in the room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tats on a cop.... Yeah, guilty.
    Cmon...?

The cop did not know if anyone else was in the room and was clearly agitated about the situation. Knowing this, why in the would you reach for your waist. "I'm drunk so I might miss some of the orders?" The poor guy may have been attempting to just pull up his pants. And for gosh sakes, we just had a mass killing in Las Vegas, so we got a lot of very jumpy people.

Problem is that so many people have weapons now our police cannot act like European cops on the beat that don't even carry guns. This is more than a cop goes rogue, it's bigger than this.

I really do feel terrible for that guy though. Dumbass drinking and pointing a "gun" out of the window does not deserve to die like that though.
    this shooting happened 2 years ago

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It was a lethal game of Simon Says with a demented officer screaming bizarre orders at the top of his lungs. The scared guy tried to follow those unclear orders except every move the guy made was somehow wrong and he kept getting yelled at while being reminded that he was going to get shot every 30 seconds It was a no-win situation for him. If he coughed, sneezed, or tripped while crawling he was getting shot by that coward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But its not a banana

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    That cop is a piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No because no one in this situation was currently in the room.
    And the cops knew this during the confrontation?

The "perps" we're on the ground. So the cops were not the least bit worried others could come out of that room blasting away? Or just stick a gun out and start spraying?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this shooting happened 2 years ago
    Ok.

Still a tough situation. The people claiming the cop was absolutely intent on killing this guy...
    You can't read that in to this situation based on that video. And if you do... you are imposing your biased interpretation.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok.

Still a tough situation. The people claiming the cop was absolutely intent on killing this guy...
    You can't read that in to this situation based on that video. And if you do... you are imposing your biased interpretation.
    Next time read the article first asshole.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

The "perps" we're on the ground. So the cops were not the least bit worried others could come out of that room blasting away? Or just stick a gun out and start spraying?
    No excuse. Instead of yelling dumbass commands that made no sense and wasted precious time why weren't these cops following any kind of procedure? It would take a minute to tell this guy to turn around with his hands behind his head and walk backwards to a certain point and then kneel, cross his legs so someone can cuff him. The guy walking backwards with his hands behind his head would actually give the cops a human shield in case someone wanted to come out of the room blasting Instead this idiot cop wastes a ton of time yelling commands to a guy scared out of his mind and making him second guess every movement while constantly telling him he's gonna get shot. It's a damn shame how these cops are walking around in tactical gear looking like military men but don't appear to even have the most basic training. Hopefully the family has a wrongful death lawsuit going. Make these guys pay somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next time read the article first asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No excuse. Instead of yelling dumbass commands that made no sense and wasted precious time why weren't these cops following any kind of procedure? It would take a minute to tell this guy to turn around with his hands behind his head and walk backwards to a certain point and then kneel, cross his legs so someone can cuff him. The guy walking backwards with his hands behind his head would actually give the cops a human shield in case someone wanted to come out of the room blasting Instead this idiot cop wastes a ton of time yelling commands to a guy scared out of his mind and making him second guess every movement while constantly telling him he's gonna get shot. It's a damn shame how these cops are walking around in tactical gear looking like military men but don't appear to even have the most basic training. Hopefully the family has a wrongful death lawsuit going. Make these guys pay somehow.
    good point about having them walk backwards with their hands in the air.

the cop was also fired for violations of departmental policy, including unsatisfactory performance which was unrelated to this shooting.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good point about having them walk backwards with their hands in the air.

the cop was also fired for violations of departmental policy, including unsatisfactory performance which was unrelated to this shooting.
    I'm pretty sure no ing cop wanted to be part of that murdering got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Shaun King's assessment of the video is funny.

Sadly I've studied 100s of videos of American police executing non-violent, unarmed people. This is one of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Ok...
    But Shuan is sad he has interpreted 100s of videos.

The same Shaun King that got The Michael Brown incident very wrong.
    Claimed he was black, and claimed he was severely beaten by a white mob. The same guy who by putting out false crap, makes the real thing seem less likely.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-09-2017 at 06:12 PM.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count

Well, yeah. The two were in the hallway. They could have dealt with them then stormed the room. So i guess they did know that during the confrontation.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    But its not a banana
    You sure? Because unless i'm missing something, the cop did not see him point anything out the window. Didn't he show up after someone called the cops? If that's the case you have to play the scenario anywhere from banana to bazooka.

He clearly knew at that point the guy could have only had a pistol at the most on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, yeah. The two were in the hallway. They could have dealt with them then stormed the room. So i guess they did know that during the confrontation.
    Keep in mind you're debating someone who thinks it is cool for school security guards to slam 13 year old girls on their heads.

Thread Information