My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now watching the MJ 63 point game against the Celtics
    Mj better then James

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman would own Green in the paint. I think the Warriors would have to stay big just to stop the constant second chance options. If Leonard could dismantle the Warriors defense, then I would imagine MJ would break it further apart.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well said good Sir......
    People also are not factoring Harper-Jordan-Pippen were great perimeter defenders. All 3 of them would have worn down Curry-Durant-Klay over a 7 game series and force them into some bad shooting games. Warriors rarely play a team that has 1 great perimeter defender. Imagine them having to deal with 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mj better then James

I agree with you good Sir.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also believe Durant would have choked against the Bulls. He choked in Games 4-6 against the Rox. He was fortunate Klay and Curry were able to cover for his choke jobs in those games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. Bulls could hang in stretches, but when Curry et al go on those three point frenzies, they’d kill midrange teams like Chicago. We all like to treat Durant like a beta and for good reason with him joining the Warriors. But he is a great player and scorer and his size and shooting touch on a team where you can’t double team, makes him almost impossible to guard. To be honest, you have to be able to switch to handle the Warriors, and Warriors would just work to get their players one on one with Toni and then eat his lunch. But Warriors could ignore Rodman and Harper on defense bc they were subpar scorers and then double and triple Jordan.
    A good team with a great 90s center could give them a ton of trouble. Olajuwon would start fouling everybody out. Shaq would destroy them. Green couldn't handle them and then it would be down the order. That was Chicago's huge weakness, no post play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mj better then James

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls are a great team, but Warriors three point shooting would really hurt the Bulls. Plus Green could guard any of their bigs, so Bulls would have to go small and I don’t think they had a great small ball line up.
    Rodman and Chicago's defense / size / athleticism would give them the advantage against gsw in any era, warriors would need to shoot much better than they shot against Houston for example. Kawhi made gsw team in trouble on its own, MJ would probably be throwing 12 ft in each game against that team, a line with harper, mj, pippen and rodman, would be too much for any current team imo, pick and roll would be useless against this lineup, it would be basically Durant in iso all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors would own any Bulls team, too much firepower and defensive versatility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't compare different players, teams from different eras. Everything was different, the rules for instance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People also are not factoring Harper-Jordan-Pippen were great perimeter defenders. All 3 of them would have worn down Curry-Durant-Klay over a 7 game series and force them into some bad shooting games. Warriors rarely play a team that has 1 great perimeter defender. Imagine them having to deal with 3.
    Bulls were playing in the hand-check era. Curry wouldn't have lasted long back then, just not strong enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But even that argument is bull right-wing rhetoric that flies in the face of the very real intervening and rigging the US has played in installing puppet governments in these countries INCLUDING Mexico and Honduras, to avoid "another Chavez/Maduro or Castro" tbh.
    Yeah... no argument.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls were playing in the hand-check era. Curry wouldn't have lasted long back then, just not strong enough.
    Disagree. Cant even say something like that. Because I always tell people that say things like that if the player was BORN in a certain era they would also have a very different mindset. For example someone always says “If Lebron played in that era he would be too soft and complain about the calls” but in reality he would have the exact same mindset as the other players in the era if he was born in it. He wouldn’t even know about today’s rules or the type of fouls refs call (just like they didn’t). So if Curry was born in that era just like any player his size he would have had their same type of mindset. So with that being said we just don’t even need to compare these eras.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Johnson wasn't very strong and he did just fine in that era. Same could be said of Mark Price. And Curry is better than those guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond is garbage. Dude is glorified role player. I have said before many times that if he wasn't in Golden State he would be a scrub. Draymond has a ty jump shot which he can't hit when he's open, can't create off the dribble. Rodman would easily be able to lock down Green and take him out of the game mentally. How's Draymond's passing going to help against Rodman's D? Keep in mind Rodman used to lockdown Pippen during his Piston days and Pippen was a superior passer and offensive player compared to Draymond. You are also not factoring in Scottie Pippen. Pippen is basically Lebron lite. Warriors would have nobody on their team that could check Scottie. Warriors also don't have 5 guys who can hit 3's consistently. I'll give you Curry-Klay-KD but outside of them they don't have consistent knock down 3 point shooters. Bulls in my eyes would be able to lock down both Green/Klay and would force Curry/Durant to beat them.

After how the Rox nearly beat the Warriors this year with a CP3/Harden combo it's really hard for me to believe MJ/PIppen/Rodman trio could not knock them out.
    Draymond is not a garbage player. Overrated? Yes, but he's not garbage. Just like Rodman wasn't a garbage player, but he was overrated, especially in Chicago. Rodman was a decent defender. I remember a game where Charles Barkley said Rodman was overrated and he was going to prove it in the next game. And prove it he did with 20+ points and double figure rebounds. Rodman was good at flagrantly fouling Jordan in an era when he was allowed to do that. I'd say Rodman was a good defender, but he's not shutting down Durant at the Chicago stage of his career. And if he's guarding Green, so what. Green is the least worrisome player on Warriors offense.

Chicago front three are great defenders, no doubt. But they would have been stretched thin by how far out you have to guard Klay Thompson, Curry, Durant, and Igudola. That would have hurt their ability to play the passing lanes, which was their greatest asset. And Curry and Thompson have routinely shown that they can get their shots off against long defenders that are similar to Pippen and Jordan.

Now I'm not saying the Bulls couldn't beat Warriors in a 7 game series. But it's not a foregone conclusion that Bulls win just because they have the greatest player in basketball on their team. In truth, Jordan was a post up two point scorer. In today's NBA game, that would be an issue with how prevalent the three point shot is. And Warriors three point shooting team would lit up the 90s era basketball. This Warriors team is historically good. There are only like two or three bigs in the league that can even be on the court when Warriors go small. They are highly formidable, even if annoying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rodman would get in greens head so fast

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but Rodman was no stranger to losing his cool and getting ejected and suspended. He did it in Chicago many times despite Chicago being the dominant team in the watered down 90s expansion era.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond is not a garbage player. Overrated? Yes, but he's not garbage. Just like Rodman wasn't a garbage player, but he was overrated, especially in Chicago. Rodman was a decent defender. I remember a game where Charles Barkley said Rodman was overrated and he was going to prove it in the next game. And prove it he did with 20+ points and double figure rebounds. Rodman was good at flagrantly fouling Jordan in an era when he was allowed to do that. I'd say Rodman was a good defender, but he's not shutting down Durant at the Chicago stage of his career. And if he's guarding Green, so what. Green is the least worrisome player on Warriors offense.

Chicago front three are great defenders, no doubt. But they would have been stretched thin by how far out you have to guard Klay Thompson, Curry, Durant, and Igudola. That would have hurt their ability to play the passing lanes, which was their greatest asset. And Curry and Thompson have routinely shown that they can get their shots off against long defenders that are similar to Pippen and Jordan.

Now I'm not saying the Bulls couldn't beat Warriors in a 7 game series. But it's not a foregone conclusion that Bulls win just because they have the greatest player in basketball on their team. In truth, Jordan was a post up two point scorer. In today's NBA game, that would be an issue with how prevalent the three point shot is. And Warriors three point shooting team would lit up the 90s era basketball. This Warriors team is historically good. There are only like two or three bigs in the league that can even be on the court when Warriors go small. They are highly formidable, even if annoying.
    Who are the long defenders that are similar to Pippen and Jordan that Klay/Curry have routinely shown that they can get their shots off against? Spurs with Kawhi/Green were the only team that had the closest set up to the old bulls when it came to perimeter defense. I can't think of a team currently in the league that has a few good perimeter defenders on them. in last year's playoffs the only great perimeter defenders that they faced was Danny Green,Ariza, and both of those guys play on separate teams.

Again when it comes to being stretched I don't put Iguodola up there as a guy whose going to consistently stretch the D. Only Curry/Klay/Durant can consistently stretch the D since they are all great 3 point shooters. It's like I said before I don't think those 3 would shoot consistently great against the bulls. Look at the Rox series where Durant had 3 straight ty shooting games and Curry also had some bad games. You can say I'm a hater but I believe Durant is a soft mentally and would choke under pressure against the Bulls much like he did against the Rockets. The only difference would be that Jordan would make sure the bulls close them out in game 6 in Oracle unlike Harden.

Also saying Rodman is overrated simply because he got schooled by Barkley is silly. Barkley is no scrub and great players can still school the greatest defenders. Case point is Bruce Bowen getting torched by Bonzi Wells during the '06 playoffs. Granted Bonzi is not a superstar but you see what I'm saying. Also why would the bulls have Rodman guard Durant when they could have Pippen do it? You first said Green could handle Rodman and now you moved the goal post by saying it doesn't matter that Rodman could shut down Green.

I don't buy into this 3>2 bs. Basketball is basketball you play to your strengths and not the other team's strengths. Warriors would give the bulls problems with their 3 point shooting but bulls would also give them problems with their post game in Pippen/MJ. The Spurs had the right idea in '17 when it came to Kawhi/LMA's post ups against the Warriors. Warriors had no way of defending it. It was pretty effective up until Zaza derailed the strategy. You have to factor in how the refs calling touch fouls today would also favor MJ/Pippen since both of them would be getting a lot of freethrows.

On a side note it's kind of depressing making references to the old Kawhi Spur teams in this argument just goes to show that re and his uncle cost the Spurs a chance at winning another le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Johnson wasn't very strong and he did just fine in that era. Same could be said of Mark Price. And Curry is better than those guys.
    Mark price was tough as nails.

Kevin johnson probably had the quickest first step for that generation. Lightning in a bottle. Hard to hand check someone who just blows by you. Kj was a crazy athlete like allen iverson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rodman would be the first player Green would come across that Green would find more annoying than himself. Green is mentally weak look at how he overreacted when Tristan pushed him in the neck. A lot of guys are scared of Green and the fake tough guy act tends to work on them. Rodman was scared of nobody and would not worry about getting punched that's what made him very annoying. Rodman would be determine to get in as many cheap shots at Green every game until Green would lose it. I don't think Green would adjust well to playing against a relentless dirty player in Rodman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but Rodman was no stranger to losing his cool and getting ejected and suspended. He did it in Chicago many times despite Chicago being the dominant team in the watered down 90s expansion era.
    Rodman got special treatment with the bulls much like Draymond gets with the Warriors. The only time he got suspended with the bulls was when he head butted the ref and when he kicked the camera man. While he was with the Bulls he never got suspended for being dirty against opposing players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark price was tough as nails.

Kevin johnson probably had the quickest first step for that generation. Lightning in a bottle. Hard to hand check someone who just blows by you. Kj was a crazy athlete like allen iverson.
    KJ to me was like Tony Parker with hops. He had the speed of Parker but also was a great dunker and all around a more complete player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ to me was like Tony Parker with hops. He had the speed of Parker but also was a great dunker and all around a more complete player.
    C'mon man, KJ could be a better dunker and athlete but Parker is better overall shooter and a better scorer on penetration, to say nothing about his best tear drop shot I've ever seen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon man, KJ could be a better dunker and athlete but Parker is better overall shooter and a better scorer on penetration, to say nothing about his best tear drop shot I've ever seen.
    KJ and Parker's career FG percentage is nearly identical. I would say KJ had a much better mid range jump shot than Parker. The only thing Parker is better than KJ at is that he had better footwork.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Cant even say something like that. Because I always tell people that say things like that if the player was BORN in a certain era they would also have a very different mindset. For example someone always says “If Lebron played in that era he would be too soft and complain about the calls” but in reality he would have the exact same mindset as the other players in the era if he was born in it. He wouldn’t even know about today’s rules or the type of fouls refs call (just like they didn’t). So if Curry was born in that era just like any player his size he would have had their same type of mindset. So with that being said we just don’t even need to compare these eras.
    That was a stupid response.

Thread Information