Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    It's hilarious scrolling through comment sections like marca.com and see fan reactions when Ronaldo left vs now

It's hard to feel bad for realfan, a lot of them hate Ronaldo's guts even though he was the main reason, along with Zidane, for the most prosperous time in Real history.

They thought they were getting rid of just a good striker, they could easily replace and not a generational type talent

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    It's hilarious scrolling through comment sections like marca.com and see fan reactions when Ronaldo left vs now

It's hard to feel bad for realfan, a lot of them hate Ronaldo's guts even though he was the main reason, along with Zidane, for the most prosperous time in Real history.

They thought they were getting rid of just a good striker, they could easily replace and not a generational type talent
    If anyone should be bitter, its Manchester. They only got 1 UCL outta Ronaldo and really fell down a few tiers since his departure

Would be very surprising if Real had such a decline. I think everyone knew Real was letting him go 1 or 2 seasons too early. But they already have their sights set on Neymar or Mbappe and we all know its gonna happen

I'm clearly an enemy but it would have been cool to see how far they could have pushed it - a 4th straight UCL? Maybe 5? Instead they just disbanded like the 1998 Bulls

IMO it would have been awkward for Ronaldo to return after the WC Modric had. Now Ronaldo can try being that missing piece for the perennial Cinderella and take another step in his legacy.

Where I think Real mistepped is expecting Benzema to bridge the gap but like I said - they'll get another Top 5-10 player soon. Need to fail first so that star is felt needed.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Where I think Real mistepped is expecting Benzema to bridge the gap but like I said - they'll get another Top 5-10 player soon. Need to fail first so that star is felt needed.
    The sentiment among fans when Ronaldo left was that his production would simply trickle down to the rest of the team. Like it is that simple

They thought Benzema would emerge from Ronaldo's shadow and put up numbers, now that Ronaldo was no longer the attacking focal point and Benzema would not be playing for Ronaldo anymore. United and its fans expected the same from Rooney. How did that turn out?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Rakitic is the midfielder midget fans and the media think Modric is....

Always carries scrubs as per usual. Modric otoh just stat pads det pass completion % with safe passes NEVER assists

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Hot Sperms

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Nice build up leading to a tap in

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    First time seeing TNT telecast. European matches.... where the White people?

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    First time seeing TNT telecast. European matches.... where the White people?

Just be glad it's not Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley doing the analysis. Still, TNT can't stop adding NBA flavor to everything they do by having Steve Nash pairing up with Stu Holden during B/R live segments. Stu is the only guy that has a clue about what he's talking about. Just Mute halftime because it's going to be a very painful three years.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 10-03-2018 at 04:54 PM.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Just be glad it's not Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley doing the analysis. Still, TNT can't stop adding NBA flavor to everything they do by having Steve Nash pairing up with Stu Holden during B/R live segments. Stu is the only guy that has a clue about what he's talking. Just Mute halftime because it's going to be a very painful three years.
    Haha yah it took me a minute to make the connection - Steve Nash (?)

Many Americans don't realize TNT is essentially dumbing down the coverage for them. Like when NBC trained the college football guy to call EPL games

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    5 starters out including the best player on the team, Eriksen, gone.
    Tottenham is not deep enough.

Deli Ali, Jan Vertoghen, Dembele all out.
    no fn way they even make the Europa league with this squad the rest of the year.
    Deep trouble in London.

There are number of EPL teams outside of MC, Liverpool, Chelsea, who are much better right now.
    This is not good. We don’t need CL games or any others. Give us a month off.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Rakitic is the midfielder midget fans and the media think Modric is....

Always carries scrubs as per usual. Modric otoh just stat pads det pass completion % with safe passes NEVER assists
    Ronaldo was blessed to be playing with the best midfield in the world these last several years.

And I think Modric is comfortably better than Rakitic

Rakitic looks knackered

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Ronaldo was blessed to be playing with the best midfield in the world these last several years.

And I think Modric is comfortably better than Rakitic

Rakitic looks knackered
    Modrid, Kroos + fill in?

Ronaldo had elite positioning from starting his career as Winger. He successfully transitioned to a 2nd Striker role. That is why he has so many assists now in Serie A

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Modrid, Kroos + fill in?

Ronaldo had elite positioning from starting his career as Winger. He successfully transitioned to a 2nd Striker role. That is why he has so many assists now in Serie A
    Half his assists come from rebounds off keeers
    Blocking his shots. He’s not doing it with elite play making . He’s gotten tons of assists thanks to someone else
    Cleaning up his mess

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    5 starters out including the best player on the team, Eriksen, gone.
    Tottenham is not deep enough.

Deli Ali, Jan Vertoghen, Dembele all out.
    no fn way they even make the Europa league with this squad the rest of the year.
    Deep trouble in London.

There are number of EPL teams outside of MC, Liverpool, Chelsea, who are much better right now.
    This is not good. We don’t need CL games or any others. Give us a month off.
    0 transfers this summer

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    0 transfers this summer
    And a new stadium that we can’t play in.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Atleti

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol Liverpool

My Team
    Club Atletico de Madrid
    Post Count
    Maurito. <3 BITW.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Serbia. If NATO failed, doubted Liverpool

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Khedira and Cuadrado in this Juve squad

My Team
    Manchester City FC
    Post Count
    PENALTY!

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Emberassing. "No VAR needed..."

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Benzema has scored 200 official goals at RMAO. All time great imo.

Wow, Ronaldo goal of the tournament, so far..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    GOAT

Thread Information