Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The candidate who hasn't declared yet but is clearly going to and will be my top choice when he does is Sherrod Brown. I like Tulsi more but Brown actually has a real shot at winning imo.

He's always held the progressive views that every Democrat now wants to claim as their own but he's capable of discussing the specifics of how they would be implemented. He doesn't have the "intangibles" that you typically see (not a great public speaker and doesn't have a very polished appearance) but he's the most substance-heavy candidate there is. He would also swing the midwest back in the other direction because he doesn't have the Clintonian views on free trade that allowed Trump to steal rust belt states from Clinton in 2016.
    I'm not familiar at all with Brown but will take a look.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm not familiar at all with Brown but will take a look.
    This recent quote from him sums it up really well imo (last paragraph in particular):

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...w-deal-1165560

There are going to be all kinds of specific legislation on all kinds of issues coming out of a very energized, new group of members of Congress," Brown told reporters Tuesday at a breakfast hosted by The Christian Science Monitor. "That will continue for the next year. There will be all kinds of bills sponsored by individual presidential candidates. ... I’m not going to take position on every bill that’s coming out. I support a green new deal. I think we need to aggressively support climate change [legislation]. That’s my answer."

Brown has said he would prefer to see incremental changes to Medicare like lowering the eligibility age from 65 to 55 or 50.

"I want to get something done for people now,” Brown said, before touting long-held positions against the Iraq War and NAFTA and for same-sex marriage. “So I don’t need to co-sponsor every bill that others think they need to co-sponsor to show my progressive politics.""I’m not going to get in the position every time someone has a really good idea or a big idea I have to talk in great detail on my position on it," Brown said. "I know the easy thing to do is say, ‘Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes,’ but I don’t know that that serves my cons uents. As a progressive, I’m not going to get in this race and change my positions and go like that with people.”
    In other words, he's been a progressive way before Bernie's 2016 emergence that forced the Bookers and Gillibrands of the world to pivot away from Wall Street and towards progressive ideals, and as a result he doesn't need to overcompensate in cheerleading every single progressive idea someone thinks of over the next year the way Kamala Harris is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This recent quote from him sums it up really well imo (last paragraph in particular):

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...w-deal-1165560

In other words, he's been a progressive way before Bernie's 2016 emergence that forced the Bookers and Gillibrands of the world to pivot away from Wall Street and towards progressive ideals, and as a result he doesn't need to overcompensate in cheerleading every single progressive idea someone thinks of over the next year the way Kamala Harris is.
    Sounds too reasonable. Unfortunately, I think we've gotten to a point where whoever (from either side) shouts the loudest and proposes the most absolutes (even if unattainable) gets the nod.
    At the expense of rational and realistic plans.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Sounds too reasonable. Unfortunately, I think we've gotten to a point where whoever (from either side) shouts the loudest and proposes the most absolutes (even if unattainable) gets the nod.
    At the expense of rational and realistic plans.
    I think that's true if it were a 2 person race of Brown vs. someone like Harris, but in a primary with 4-5 candidates who all fall into the "superficial progressive who shouts really loudly" category, Brown has the ability to win if he just gets the 30-40% of the vote while everyone else cancels each other out.

He also benefits when the first two states to vote are Iowa (working class white Democrats) and New Hampshire (older white Democrats who don't care about the fact Harris has a twitter account and Brown doesn't). His biggest hurdle is going to be name recognition and those first two states can make it so he becomes a front runner very quickly before super Tuesday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about this for a hoax:

Two weeks ago an HPD detective concocted a fake drug buy with a non-existent CI and drugs from his own car, which he used to get a no-knock warrant.

In the ensuing raid, two innocent people died and five HPD officers were hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah, this is a really big deal.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah, this is a really big deal.
    Were he not a celebrity, this wouldn't warrant much discussion. But I think it does highlight how single incidents can be blown out of proportion to validate pre-conceived biases, whether those biases are valid or not. We have no patience right now and no appreciation for due process.

That problem is bipartisan. But the politicians on the left who jumped at the opportunity to express their outrage, as if we ever needed them to tell us that lynching is bad, heightened the partisan nature of this incident and validated the idea that jumping to conclusions is a problem exclusively on the left.

Plenty of non-celebrity hate crimes occur every day. They could tweet about those too, but they don't. They waited for a high profile incident and pounced when they could have waited a few days for an investigation to take place.

They have egg on their faces now, regardless of good intentions, so naturally the right is going to milk it in bad faith for weeks in their news cycles because that's what they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

props this was funny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great minds think alike.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sure being aboe to view all Americans messages and phone calls also helped

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great minds think alike.

POLITICAL MISSION

What was in it for Smollett?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great minds think alike.

well of course... walking hand in hand with kamala back in december and all the other pol connections he had just proves such a theory.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    moar conspiracies

You guys just can't help yourselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well of course... walking hand in hand with kamala back in december and all the other pol connections he had just proves such a theory.
    The Hollywood + DNC connection has been blatantly obvious since November of 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moar conspiracies

You guys just can't help yourselves.
    you're in denial if you think the motive wasn't as politically driven as it is personally. if it was just about race then why "this is maga country!"?

you're one of the useful idiots alinsky speaks of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hollywood + DNC connection has been blatantly obvious since November of 2016.
    it's been obvious way before nov '16. i'd say blatantly since obama got in office tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you're in denial if you think the motive wasn't as politically driven as it is personally. if it was just about race then why "this is maga country!"?

you're one of the useful idiots alinsky speaks of.
    What's in it for Smollette as a political mission?

Why didn't anyone else help him try to pull it off?

Explain how your conspiracy theory works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's been obvious way before nov '16. i'd say blatantly since obama got in office tbh.
    Hollywood is favorable to RINOs (Bush dynasty) as long as they support the big plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's in it for Smollette as a political mission?

Why didn't anyone else help him try to pull it off?

Explain how your conspiracy theory works.
    you tell me... hand in hand with kamala/booker. that's truth!

how many tweeted and propped him up as a hero just days ago and from day 1? lmao but no one helped him try to pull it off.

useful idiot!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you tell me... hand in hand with kamala/booker. that's truth!

how many tweeted and propped him up as a hero just days ago and from day 1? lmao but no one helped him try to pull it off.

useful idiot!
    tweets.

Explain your conspiracy theory in full, kori. What you're saying sounds incredibly stupid....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tweets.

Explain your conspiracy theory in full, kori. What you're saying sounds incredibly stupid....
    "propped him up"

you dismiss what doesn't fit your stupid ing narrative tbh. dismiss the complicity of the politicians, MSM, celebs, and other talking heads who came out day 1 to on trump and his base but now they're all waiting for all the facts before they make any further comments. lmao!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "propped him up"

you dismiss what doesn't fit your stupid ing narrative tbh. dismiss the complicity of the politicians, MSM, celebs, and other talking heads who came out day 1 to on trump and his base but now they're all waiting for all the facts before they make any further comments. lmao!
    Yes, I completely dismiss your stupid conspiracy theory because it makes no sense whatsoever.

I am ting on you because you're a sissy who can't explain or back up even one of your dumbass claims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I completely dismiss your stupid conspiracy theory because it makes no sense whatsoever.

I am ting on you because you're a sissy who can't explain or back up even one of your dumbass claims.
    i backed up and explained. you're just a got who loves his hand held and bows to his false heroes on the left.

Thread Information