Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Mason is better than Thuney (Mason is the best guard no one talks about because of one missed block that came at the worst possible time, but he’s top 5 according to PFF), however agreed that Andrews is the most important player on the line. Mason is already signed long term and my guess is Andrews also signs long term while Thuney gets a huge deal somewhere else. If they lost Andrews they’d be in trouble with or without Thuney, which is why I think they keep him. Belichick is obviously willing to let players leave in free agency but he’s got a great sense for knowing when to stop the bleeding (ie, after the 2009 season when it looked like the Pats were ready to fall off a cliff, he ponied up the money Wilfork’s fat wife was asking for because it wasn’t a situation where they could afford to lose him).

Worst case scenario with Wynn is that if he doesn’t work at left tackle they move him inside when Thuney hits free agency a year from now, he might not have the length/size needed for a tackle but he could definitely play inside.

Belichick is also extremely overrated when it comes to drafting most positions (particularly receivers, pass rushers, corners or anyone who Urban Meyer recommends), but one thing he’s been able to do is find good interior o-line talent in the middle rounds.
    he found louis murphy 2.0 tbh

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Saints just signed Latavius Murray which means Mark Ingram won't be a Saint next year.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    he found louis murphy 2.0 tbh
    Him and Chad Jackson (way worse) were the two whiffs that came to mind at WR.

Still nothing to compared to how many whiffs he's had at corner or with pass rushers though.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bills got two mediocre slot receivers in John Brown and Cole Beasley for about $8 million/year apiece.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looks like Anthony Barr just pulled a DeAndre Jordan in Dallas (2015) deal by going back to the Vikings after committing to the Jets.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Him and Chad Jackson (way worse) were the two whiffs that came to mind at WR.

Still nothing to compared to how many whiffs he's had at corner or with pass rushers though.
    The one time he did overpay for a corner a few years ago... he just saved the SB from likely going to OT or worse with the game saving interception.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bills got two mediocre slot receivers in John Brown and Cole Beasley for about $8 million/year apiece.
    You're re ed. Do you do this on purpose? Or do you really just not watch football. Brown isn't a slot receiver.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You're re ed. Do you do this on purpose? Or do you really just not watch football. Brown isn't a slot receiver.
    He's a Z receiver in Baltimore but he played a lot of slot in Arizona, swapped with Fitzgerald.

The main issue that even the best pure Z receivers in the NFL (Tyreek Hill, Desean Jackson, etc) face is, how are they going to thrive in the face of press coverage? Because they're usually not at all big enough to win a fist fight with the corner bullying him at the LOS.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He's a Z receiver in Baltimore but he played a lot of slot in Arizona, swapped with Fitzgerald.
    In Arizona, he ran 83% of plays not in the slot.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Saints just signed Latavius Murray which means Mark Ingram won't be a Saint next year.
    i'd love the raiders to take a look at ingram

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    In Arizona, he ran 83% of plays not in the slot.
    the guy doesnt watch football. he checks the players espn profile and makes assumptions based on height/weight.

jon brown small? therefore must be slot!

same guy said khalil mack was only productive because some guy named benson mayowa ate up blocks and freed him up

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the guy doesnt watch football. he checks the players espn profile and makes assumptions based on height/weight.

same guy said khalil mack was only productive because some guy named benson mayowa ate up blocks and freed him up
    spring or summer 2016? lol.

I was just trying to stay positive about the Cowboys' anemic pass rush back then. DeMarcus Lawrence wasn't really a thing yet.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I was going to start a thread to aggregate all of his bad takes. His comparison of James White to Robert Horry was pretty amusing.
    Also his comment that Brees has "lost it" already.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I was going to start a thread to aggregate all of his bad takes. His comparison of James White to Robert Horry was pretty amusing.
    Also his comment that Brees has "lost it" already.
    His constant contradictions about how to beat Tom Brady were also hilarious.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    spring or summer 2016? lol.

I was just trying to stay positive about the Cowboys' anemic pass rush back then. DeMarcus Lawrence wasn't really a thing yet.
    hey...you never answered as to which receivers left the Saints and were not productive?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'll reiterate it:: you beat Brady by playing him the way Belichick beat Jared Goof. Bring the house, tight man coverage, don't give up anything shallow and easy, and make him take chances.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's always entertaining when he brings the Pats into a conversation. Like it's apples to apples.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    hey...you never answered as to which receivers left the Saints and were not productive?
    Tons of guys from 09-13 era

Marquez Colston
    Robert Meachem
    Lance Moore
    Joseph Morgan
    others

... Jimmy Graham

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'll reiterate it:: you beat Brady by playing him the way Belichick beat Jared Goof. Bring the house, tight man coverage, don't give up anything shallow and easy, and make him take chances.
    That's not what you say here when you talk about "hard flat zones"

yeah but you don't power run with the scatback, you'll get stuffed, but Michel/Ingram are less receiving threats so it's kind of tick for tack

also against Brady, you should play defense like you're playing Alex Smith minus the scrambling threat. Hard flat zones, disallow all the short stuff, MAKE him try and beat you deep
    Now here comes the part where you equivocate and say that by hard flat zones you actually meant man coverage.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's not what you say here when you talk about "hard flat zones"

Now here comes the part where you equivocate and say that by hard flat zones you actually meant man coverage.
    Similar concept though. Take away everything shallow and force the deep ball. If you want to go zone, hard flat zones are the way to go, absolutely no soft zones or cover 2 BS.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tons of guys from 09-13 era

Marquez Colston
    Robert Meachem
    Lance Moore
    Joseph Morgan
    others

... Jimmy Graham

Marquez Colston never played for anyone but the Saints.
    Robert Meachem played for the Saints 7/8 years and retired a Saint.
    Lance Moore left the Saints when he was 31.
    Joseph Morgan didn't play for anyone but the Saints.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Similar concept though. Take away everything shallow and force the deep ball. If you want to go zone, hard flat zones are the way to go, absolutely no soft zones or cover 2 BS.
    Like I said, here comes the part where you equivocate.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Marquez Colston never played for anyone but the Saints.
    Robert Meachem played for the Saints 7/8 years and retired a Saint.
    Lance Moore left the Saints when he was 31.
    Joseph Morgan didn't play for anyone but the Saints.
    MM's response - Well see I was right, Colston left the Saints and retired. Obviously that means he was less productive!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    MM's response - Well see I was right, Colston left the Saints and retired. Obviously that means he was less productive!
    I'm speculating but I'm thinking when he first made the comment, he was thinking about Cooks. When he realized that wasn't true, he just listed a bunch of random Saint's receivers.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    But I guess the only positive thing is that once he's been proven wrong, he usually won't argue about it. He'll just ignore it and then move on to post other inaccuracies.

Thread Information