Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a trend where guys like Little are picked high on potential but fade into mediocrity due to poor development from their respective clubs. This decade you can name Shabaz Muhammad, Kidd-Gilchrist, Justise Winslow as similar players who could've flourished behind the Spurs approach. Instead they are languishing with no shot at ever getting to an all-star level.

Little may be this year's version unfortunately. With luck he could be a Harrison Barnes or Andrew Wiggins level player. A Max contract worthy albeit non-impact.

Wow, I never would have thought of Michael Kidd-Gilchrest, but he's really a perfect parallel to Little and how he's likely to turn out. They hype and expectations for Kidd-Gilchrest were even higher, but the same idea. For sure Little will need at least a year in the G-League, but he needs to be in a good program that will teach him. Kidd-Gilchrest got dumped into that Charlotte show to fend for himself, and he never got better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Physically a prototype SF. But he hasn't shown the skills to be more than a PF - and one who doesn't have a 3 ptr at that (26.9% on 52 attempts, 1.4 per game). He's young and should develop but...

Thing is, you can get a similar physical profile 6'6.5", 7'2" wingspan, nba level athlete, can defend 1-3 in the second round : Abdoulaye N'doye.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...e-ndoye-1.html

As a bonus, N'doye hit 41.1% of his threes this season (on 68 attempts, 2.3 per game). He also put up a better A/TO ratio: 2.2:1.6 vs .7:1.3 (and obviously more assists/game) (and more steals) while playing in a pro league (French Pro-A, their top level). N'doye is however, 2 years older than Nassir.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    North Carolina's Nassir Little official measurements at the NBA Combine: 6'6 with shoes, 7'1 1/4 wingspan, 8'8 1/2 standing reach, 224 pounds, 5.9% body fat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be falling in Spurs range. Boom or bust.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    This is who I'd draft at 19. Athleticism is legit, wingspan is good. He needs time to develop but the Spurs are nowhere near contention with our duo of fake stars. Defrozen and Softridge's contracts expire in 2 or 3 years so that gives him time to learn the ropes in Austin. Afterwards he can replace Derozan in the starting lineup after that loser moves on from the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he gets to 19. The physical tools, pedigre, position + the supposed character/work ethic, is too much to overlook past a certain point, especially in a supposedly weak draft.

He's also the type that's likely to stand out at the combine/team workouts.

With that in mind, if Engelland thinks Little's stroke is fixable (he did shoot 77% from the line), I'm wondering if he'll be the target. He had an underwhelming season and his stock is low, but he also was utilized relatively sparingly (18 mpg) and supposedly has a history of being a late bloomer. At 6'6'' 220, with a 7'1'' wingspan, he's on the smaller side for a "big wing", but is the rare player who more or less has the raw tools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He goes top 16 when it's all said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he gets to 19. The physical tools, pedigre, position + the supposed character/work ethic, is too much to overlook past a certain point, especially in a supposedly weak draft.

He might, he might not. Tankathon has him at 21 on their Big Board, but that's team and needs neutral. Their mock has him going #15 to Detroit. I'd call it a coin flip as to whether he falls to 19 or not. He'd be a good pick at 19, but he's still so undetermined/amorphous that I wouldn't surrender asset(s) to move up for him. If he falls, he falls. Every year, it seems, there is a Huestis or a Cabloco, some player out of the blue picked WAY too high, and that might be enough to nudge him or someone else our way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little has the worst Lane Agility Time so far -- even behind all the immobile centers. But his Shuttle Run and Three Quarters Sprint times are fine so I'm not sure what happened. His standing vert was underwhelming but his max vert was good (38.5 inches).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porter Jr, Little, Hachimura are my dream top 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His wingspan is much shorter than that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might, he might not. Tankathon has him at 21 on their Big Board, but that's team and needs neutral. Their mock has him going #15 to Detroit. I'd call it a coin flip as to whether he falls to 19 or not. He'd be a good pick at 19, but he's still so undetermined/amorphous that I wouldn't surrender asset(s) to move up for him. If he falls, he falls. Every year, it seems, there is a Huestis or a Cabloco, some player out of the blue picked WAY too high, and that might be enough to nudge him or someone else our way.

I don't see it. Could obviously easily be the next Stanley Johnson, but more than likely checks too many boxes to slip that low.

It doesn't have to be him necessarily and obviously you don't force it or jump the gun, but if there's a wing/big wing in the late lottery/early teens range that they really like, I suspect they'll look to package the picks. If they had their druthers, they'd probably prefer to avoid adding 2 rookies to a team that already has Poeltl, Murray, White, Walker, Metu and will probably have Milutinov.

His wingspan is much shorter than that
    I didn't say anything about his wingspan, but it's 7'1.25'' (or plus 8.75 inches from his barefoot height).

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little has the worst Lane Agility Time so far -- even behind all the immobile centers. But his Shuttle Run and Three Quarters Sprint times are fine so I'm not sure what happened. His standing vert was underwhelming but his max vert was good (38.5 inches).

I was looking at the combine measurements earlier. Something must have gone wrong with that Lane Agility run. But I'm still not impressed that he's 6'4.5" without shoes. Hard for me to get behind another one of those, even without the other concerns. Especially using the 19 pick on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao thats Derrick White's height. Theres absolutely no need for this guy on this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I feel like I can come in as like a second version of Kawhi Leonard.”

Those were the words that left Nassir Little’s mouth when he confirmed that he completed an interview with the Spurs this week in Chicago at the NBA Draft Combine.

https://theathletic.com/982568/2019/...hes-available/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a trend where guys like Little are picked high on potential but fade into mediocrity due to poor development from their respective clubs. This decade you can name Shabaz Muhammad, Kidd-Gilchrist, Justise Winslow as similar players who could've flourished behind the Spurs approach. Instead they are languishing with no shot at ever getting to an all-star level.

Little may be this year's version unfortunately. With luck he could be a Harrison Barnes or Andrew Wiggins level player. A Max contract worthy albeit non-impact.
    I just recently read am article that Kidd-Gilchrist could be a Spurs target in free agency. I'm big on that idea. I think we could provide a system he could flourish in and he fills a need for us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just recently read am article that Kidd-Gilchrist could be a Spurs target in free agency. I'm big on that idea. I think we could provide a system he could flourish in and he fills a need for us
    He could be interesting as a SF option. Feels like he has been around forever, but is still only 25. With a small sample size, showed potential from three this season. But he has a player option of $13 mil-- would he settle for the MLE or less?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I feel like I can come in as like a second version of Kawhi Leonard.”

Those were the words that left Nassir Little’s mouth when he confirmed that he completed an interview with the Spurs this week in Chicago at the NBA Draft Combine.

https://theathletic.com/982568/2019/...hes-available/
    Now this could be received by Spurs fans one of two ways:

A) I'm going to come in as a late lottery pick them work my butt off with an amazing organization that will help me maximize my potential while minimizing my flaws so I can become one of the best two way players in the game and help them win a championship

Or

B) I'm going to steal a years worth of salary like a rat thief then demand a trade from the organization that helped me reach my potential.

I'm sure he meant it as A but he really should have considered recent events before making a comment like that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be interesting as a SF option. Feels like he has been around forever, but is still only 25. With a small sample size, showed potential from three this season. But he has a player option of $13 mil-- would he settle for the MLE or less?
    I think at this point he would go for the MLE if it got him out of there. I see it as he may want it one of two ways:
    Either he will pick up the option and bet on himself to produce this season and earn a big contract or he will be willing to take less in a more secure multi year deal. I believe if we offered him a multi year deal with a player option he would take it banking on a better organization helping him improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think at this point he would go for the MLE if it got him out of there. I see it as he may want it one of two ways:
    Either he will pick up the option and bet on himself to produce this season and earn a big contract or he will be willing to take less in a more secure multi year deal. I believe if we offered him a multi year deal with a player option he would take it banking on a better organization helping him improve.
    Yeah, Charlotte hasn't been a good place in terms of development or contentment for Boris Diaw, Nic Batum, or MKG, among others. MJ the owner is nowhere close to MJ the player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Spurs GM R.C. Buford, assistant GM Brian Wright, vice president of basketball operations Brent Barry and director of scouting Dave Telep were all sitting front row watching and taking notes on Day 4 of the combine. The Spurs interviewed roughly 20 prospects, with more coming as the weeklong event ends Friday."
    Uh, when did this happen? Did I miss the thread on this site about Barry being the Spurs VP of Ops. That sounds like a big headline. Brian Wright, Dave Telep, those sound like typical raise-from-the-video-room hires the Spurs rely on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, when did this happen? Did I miss the thread on this site about Barry being the Spurs VP of Ops. That sounds like a big headline. Brian Wright, Dave Telep, those sound like typical raise-from-the-video-room hires the Spurs rely on.
    Happened in September and yeah there was a thread.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...light=brent+vp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now this could be received by Spurs fans one of two ways:

A) I'm going to come in as a late lottery pick them work my butt off with an amazing organization that will help me maximize my potential while minimizing my flaws so I can become one of the best two way players in the game and help them win a championship

Or

B) I'm going to steal a years worth of salary like a rat thief then demand a trade from the organization that helped me reach my potential.

I'm sure he meant it as A but he really should have considered recent events before making a comment like that...
    maybe both?

Thread Information