Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They’re also warning of a potential quake within 15 minutes in Kern County. That’s Bakersfield.
    Prayers that the Blessings and Judy and Les and Stan are OK.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Kawhi definitely not coming to Cali now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah. But now they’re warning for possibly another one in 15 minutes. 80% chance. I don’t know if we’ve really got a good handle on all this tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kawhi definitely not coming to Cali now
    That would be great if he gave that as a reason.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    These nerds from CalTech are trying to hide their glee

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    These nerds from CalTech are trying to hide their glee
    Lol. They’re giddy. Both CNN and Fox trying to make this seem like something major.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Lol. They’re giddy. Both CNN and Fox trying to make this seem like something major.
    It's all about infrastructure brah...if this was Haiti there'd already be 10,000 dead (before the subsequent cholera outbreak)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    felt it here in LA. wasn't strong here (quite a ways away from the epicenter) but it seemed like it lasted for 15 seconds

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Barely felt it, tbh. The big one is eventually gonna hit, glad I got some quake resistance work done on the home last year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Barely felt it, tbh. The big one is eventually gonna hit, glad I got some quake resistance work done on the home last year.
    yep

on one hand, the selfish part of me wants it to happen within the next 4 years while im on the other side of the country. on the other hand, i have family and friends here lol

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    yep

on one hand, the selfish part of me wants it to happen within the next 4 years while im on the other side of the country. on the other hand, i have family and friends here lol
    so you're selling your house and moving out of California? where to? Hmm...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    so you're selling your house and moving out of California? where to? Hmm...
    have been renting here in LA

moving to virginia for wife's med school. as of now, plan is to move back when we can

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    have been renting here in LA

moving to virginia for wife's med school. as of now, plan is to move back when we can
    Congratulations to her. So I'm assuming you're at least a few years older than her, you're around 30 and she's around 25. She better appreciate you for that.

Not sure you'd want to move back unless the weather difference is an ultimate dealbreaker. You're going from a beautiful Csa mediterranean style warmish but temperate dry summer and mild winter to a place with hot and humid summers, stormy springs and falls and cold and often brutal winters. But then again the price factor and reduced taxes and the fact you'd probably be able to buy a house there much sooner might want to make you stay there. Or of course you could move to Texas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Congratulations to her. So I'm assuming you're at least a few years older than her, you're around 30 and she's around 25. She better appreciate you for that.

Not sure you'd want to move back unless the weather difference is an ultimate dealbreaker. You're going from a beautiful Csa mediterranean style warmish but temperate dry summer and mild winter to a place with hot and humid summers, stormy springs and falls and cold and often brutal winters. But then again the price factor and reduced taxes and the fact you'd probably be able to buy a house there much sooner might want to make you stay there. Or of course you could move to Texas.
    we're the same age. she was working as a TA at UCLA for the last 2 years. waited until she got her green card to begin applying for medical schools

moving back has a lot of factors. weather is a huge one. its something you deal with 365 days per year. still dont get how people brush it off as "just weather." its a huge deal when it comes to standard of living.

we also have all of our family here. we're big on the extended family thing, so thats like 25-30 people that we usually see on a regular basis. not a small family where its just parents and siblings. will be a huge deal when it comes to the eventual child raising that we'll deal with when the time comes. then you add on all our lifelong friends

sure, cost of living in LA is pretty outrageous, especially compared to charlottesville (i cant afford to get a mortgage on a house here yet, but was able to make an all-cash purchase there ), but as a doctor/lawyer combo we should be able to manage that.

plus LA just has so much more to offer. charlottesville is nice, no doubt. its a small folksy place. people are kind. its quiet. are quality is better. less hectic. but there's so much more to do in LA. there are different parts of LA. charlottesville is just a town.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    we're the same age. she was working as a TA at UCLA for the last 2 years. waited until she got her green card to begin applying for medical schools

moving back has a lot of factors. weather is a huge one. its something you deal with 365 days per year. still dont get how people brush it off as "just weather." its a huge deal when it comes to standard of living.

we also have all of our family here. we're big on the extended family thing, so thats like 25-30 people that we usually see on a regular basis. not a small family where its just parents and siblings. will be a huge deal when it comes to the eventual child raising that we'll deal with when the time comes. then you add on all our lifelong friends

sure, cost of living in LA is pretty outrageous, especially compared to charlottesville (i cant afford to get a mortgage on a house here yet, but was able to make an all-cash purchase there ), but as a doctor/lawyer combo we should be able to manage that.

plus LA just has so much more to offer. charlottesville is nice, no doubt. its a small folksy place. people are kind. its quiet. are quality is better. less hectic. but there's so much more to do in LA. there are different parts of LA. charlottesville is just a town.
    Nice.. I agree with you on the weather, but then again I'm not sure how fully owning a house vs. being a mortgage slave wouldn't ultimately trump that. But, your call, and yes a medium town in Virginia would be boring compared to LA, but you're not too terribly far from the likes of DC, Baltimore, even NY/Philly. In the East, everything is much closer together than in the West driving distance wise, you'd be surprised.

Then again, if you make it big as a lawyer and she brings in a steady $300k+ a year in surgery, you'll be living mortgage-free in a house in Malibu in no time!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Nice.. I agree with you on the weather, but then again I'm not sure how fully owning a house vs. being a mortgage slave wouldn't ultimately trump that. But, your call, and yes a medium town in Virginia would be boring compared to LA, but you're not too terribly far from the likes of DC, Baltimore, even NY/Philly. In the East, everything is much closer together than in the West driving distance wise, you'd be surprised.
    sure, we're "close" to philly/dc/baltimore. but thats not somewhere we can casually drive to on a friday evening . its like living in los angeles and saying "well, we're close to san diego." that proximity doesnt come into play in our day to day life

Then again, if you make it big as a lawyer and she brings in a steady $300k+ a year in surgery, you'll be living mortgage-free in a house in Malibu in no time!
    we're also not very high maintenance at all. i still proudly drive my 08 civic and she was legitimately upset at me for "wasting money" on an engagement ring

we dont need for me to be making high end attorney money, and her to be making surgeon money for us to life comfortably and happy. we'd be perfectly fine living in the san fernando valley instead of somewhere exotic like malibu or beverly hills, etc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    You never told me your wife was Mexican

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You never told me your wife was Mexican
    she's armenian (swedish national, though)

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    she was legitimately upset at me for "wasting money" on an engagement ring
    she's armenian (swedish national, though)
    Dayum dog, does she have a hot sister or cousin? I want one of her kind, personality, and intelligence/career level... #legitjealous

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dayum dog, does she have a hot sister or cousin? I want one of her kind, personality, and intelligence/career level... #legitjealous
    Lmao at the thought of anyone willing to set you up with their family.
    It’d be like letting Avante babysit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'd let Avante babysit, but only if he paid me, not the other way around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Just got another one, might be a big one coming around the corner.

Thread Information