Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel is worried about the targeting of Saudi Arabia by Iran and its allies
    https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...nd-its-allies/

In the meantime, security sources in Israel have confirmed that the recent attacks in Saudi Arabia were a test for the US, not least President Donald Trump’s foreign policy. His “lacklustre” response is his way of saying that the attack in Saudi Arabia did not affect US interests directly, as his tweets suggested clearly; it was a Saudi affair, not American. If Iran attacks Israel, the worry in Tel Aviv is that Trump will say that it is an Israeli affair, nothing to do with America.
    Finally, it is true that Israel has maintained an official silence over the Iranian attack on Saudi Arabia, but in security, military and diplomatic forums it has expressed its desire for it to be a catalyst for greater cooperation and coordination between Riyadh and Tel Aviv.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fascinating tactical discussion on modern tank warfare in the Middle east.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...e-reason-77961

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retreat from Qatar suggests US is preparing for war
    https://www.arabnews.com/node/1563066

The Americans’ experimental transfer of their air command and control operations from Qatar is likely to suggest that, contrary to rumors, Washington is preparing for the prospect of war. Against this backdrop, the US feels it is critical to fine-tune its air operations out of Al-Udeid, which it fears could be the first target in the event of conflict between the US and Iran. It matters little what the Iranian propaganda keeps claiming, which is that Iran is capable of destroying US power in the Gulf, since the truth is just the opposite.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you will have to deal with a nuclear state capable of disrupting your energy supplies, where you have no negative leverage to inflict pain because you have already put in place the most effective sanctions you can.

The agreement halted their progress. No deal means they are free to pursue nuclear weapons as fast as they are able to.

All the while, you will have China undermining those sanctions and eroding their effectiveness, as they have been already doing.

The agreement was the least bad option.
    SnakeBoy showing his neocon and sociopathic nature. SnakeBoy being a sperm shielder apologizing for daddy Trump in scrapping the Iran nuclear deal
    That's a quote from Chuck Schumer on why he opposed the Iran deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fascinating tactical discussion on modern tank warfare in the Middle east.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...e-reason-77961
    You might find this one interesting
    https://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

I also read an interesting article which proves you right about Iran kicking Saudi's ass in an actual war. Unfortunately I can't find the link again. Basically it said Saudi has an superior and effective air Force and on paper they have more powerful, though smaller, army but their army is fully incompetent by design. The Air Force is easily controlled by only using personnel loyal to the regime but they fear a larger and/or effective army will overthrow them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Retreat from Qatar suggests US is preparing for war
    https://www.arabnews.com/node/1563066
    Saw that. Probably a good move to reduce vulnerability in case it escalates.

My guess, based on this is that some response to the attack is in the offing. I have been surprised that nothing has happened yet, but I am guessing it will be carefully prepared, so that may take a while to get all the pieces in place.

Hopefully it will be Saudi assets that do it, as opposed to US ones.

I would guess the timing of the strikes will be carefully coordinated to distract from an important impeachment proceeding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you will have to deal with a nuclear state capable of disrupting your energy supplies, where you have no negative leverage to inflict pain because you have already put in place the most effective sanctions you can.

The agreement halted their progress. No deal means they are free to pursue nuclear weapons as fast as they are able to.

All the while, you will have China undermining those sanctions and eroding their effectiveness, as they have been already doing.

The agreement was the least bad option.

No, those were my own words, outlining what I see as the failure of "scrap the deal and do more sanctions" approach you were advocating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might find this one interesting
    https://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

I also read an interesting article which proves you right about Iran kicking Saudi's ass in an actual war. Unfortunately I can't find the link again. Basically it said Saudi has an superior and effective air Force and on paper they have more powerful, though smaller, army but their army is fully incompetent by design. The Air Force is easily controlled by only using personnel loyal to the regime but they fear a larger and/or effective army will overthrow them.
    I would not argue with that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, those were my own words, outlining what I see as the failure of "scrap the deal and do more sanctions" approach you were advocating.
    It wasn't me advocating anything, those were Chuck Schumer's words

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the proposed Republican alternative deal? Be specific and as detailed as you can.
    [unattributed short two paragraphs from a Democrat]
    [offers his criticism of short passage]
    It wasn't me advocating anything, those were Chuck Schumer's words
    You sure showed me... how dishonest you can be.

So there is no Republican alternative.

My general working theory of modern conservatism is that conservatives are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

Here you both lied by omission(morally bankrupt) and failed to offer a true Republican alternative to the Obama Nuclear Deal (intellectually bankrupt).

Thank you for helping to make my case for me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure showed me... how dishonest you can be.
    I wasn't trying to trick you

Therefore, I will vote to disapprove the agreement,
    Did you really think I was making the case of why I would vote against the Iran deal?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chuck Schumer is a Zionist Jew of course he opposes the Iran nuclear deal them mother ers don't want world peace

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Zionists are trying their asses off to manufacture consent to go to war with Iran....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Zionists are trying their asses off to manufacture consent to go to war with Iran....
    Don't know who the zionists are but it appears the pieces are being put into place. Just need that pesky Trump to either get in line or get out of the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know who the zionists are but it appears the pieces are being put into place. Just need that pesky Trump to either get in line or get out of the way.
    He would piss off his alt-right anti-Zionist base. Hope he remains cautious and not let the neocons and Zionists push him into a war w Iran.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't trying to trick you

Did you really think I was making the case of why I would vote against the Iran deal?
    So, you weren't tying to trick me, just merely too lazy to attribute the quote from a Democrat when asked for the Republican alternative?

I stand corrected.

I merely assumed you approved of the statement, as you offered no commentary otherwise.

Each post you make is a choice. Choose to eschew meaningful conversation for gotcha smileys, choose to not answer good faith questions clearly or honestly.

All your choices here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Protests in Iraq are going nationwide in what looks like a new ‘Arab Spring’ moment
    https://taskandpurpose.com/iraq-prot...4#rebell em4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting real

Saudi sunni says the world (ahem USA) must protect them. Trump doesn't. Iraq sunni suddenly rebel demanding freedom and human rights. Iran backed govt starts the slaughter.

Iran war all teed up.

Doesn't seem su ious at all right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the Saudis and Iraqis handle their own problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Su ious Protests Break Out Just As Iraq Demands US Leave & Calls Out Israel For Illegal Bombings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the Saudis and Iraqis handle their own problems.
    i totally agree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Busy news day so the new deployments to Saudi didn't get much press coverage.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...the-deployment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Busy news day so the new deployments to Saudi didn't get much press coverage.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...the-deployment
    Trump claims the KSA will pay for US defense.

Do you recall how we were repaid last time we defended the KSA?

Never forget.

Thread Information