Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for admitting that the COVID response has been absurd.
    Who said everyone has to wear their mask at all times, besides you?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At all times outside or in public you mean (excluding in private residences)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They changed their tune, they know better now.

Do you?
    Why did the have that tune to begin with? Were they not aware of the function of masks?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They changed their tune, they know better now.

Do you?
    Ifr less than flu for majority. .26 for all. Bad flu. Years of flu strains have been worse with fatalities cfr and all cause.

Thats the science. The end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did the have that tune to begin with? Were they not aware of the function of masks?
    I'll answer that loaded question. They misled us all because they were afraid, not without reason, that a run on masks would mean not enough PPE for health care providers.

They screwed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ifr less than flu for majority. .26 for all. Bad flu. Years of flu strains have been worse with fatalities cfr and all cause.

Thats the science. The end
    No cites, pure gossip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll answer that loaded question. They misled us all because they were afraid, not without reason, that a run on masks would mean not enough PPE for health care providers.

They screwed up.
    So then they thought hospitals and the general public get their masks from the same source? All three of them had the exact same screw up?

Also, it wasn't a loaded question nor was it begging the question like your question was. I didn't require you to accept anything as fact that would be the reason for the question in the 1st place. You already established they revised.. which means they had to flip flop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then they thought hospitals and the general public get their masks from the same source?
    I have no idea what's in anybody else's mind, what's your surmise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what's in anybody else's mind, what's your surmise?
    You said they were afraid, so obviously you didn't mind commenting on it. Why, when I point out a gap in the reasoning, do you play that card?

I don't think they were worried about mask shortages due to public demand. I think they were and are still on the fence about the efficacy of masks to prevent the spread but because of panic, they gave in. I was wearing a mask during travel in January, thought it odd they advised against it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said they were afraid, so obviously you didn't mind commenting on it. Why, when I point out a gap in the reasoning, do you play that card?

I don't think they were worried about mask shortages due to public demand. I think they were and are still on the fence about the efficacy of masks to prevent the spread but because of panic, they gave in. I was wearing a mask during travel in January, thought it odd they advised against it.
    Sounds plausible to me that they might have been on the fence early this year. Your intuition that they are now seems idiosyncratic, what do you base it on?

Do we have better information about masking and SARS-CoV-2 now than we did in February and March? Is there some unwritten rule that once a public official gives advice, that it is disreputable or somehow deceptive to change it in light of new information, a clearer understanding of the situation, or to correct a mistake?

Seems you're insisting that public health officials maintain a foolish consistency with whatever their first advice was, or that they are to be disbelieved in all things if they screwed up one thing.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-13-2020 at 01:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds plausible to mtimee.

Do we have better information about masking and SARS-CoV-2 now than we did in February and March? Is there somne unwritten rule that once a public official gives advice, s/he can never change it in light of new information, a clearer understanding of the situation, or to correct mistakes?
    I don't think we have better information for making that call vs January 2020. We know what we don't know (if that makes any sense). It's not our first rodeo. The CDC of all people knows you start with high PPE and then reduce. Ever see a space movie where they step out of the ship with no protection and then start adding it? Probably not. They have full gear and slowly remove things as they get data that the place can support human life. The CDC took the opposite tact with the public than they take internally. So did the surgeon general (gee, wonder how many surgeries he performed without a mask) and so did Fauci. This was a concerted effort, and the flip flop was also a concerted effort. When the medical community is giving advice based on political pressure, how much trust can you put in them to offer the truth? This is why conspiracy theories spring up and that actually does more harm than good.

Still waiting for someone to explain how hospitals were going to invade CVS pharmacy.

(your edit)

I expect medical authority to make sense. It doesn't make sense to tell people to not take precautions. It would make sense if the CDC did not offer guidance on masks and just leave that to the individual. They didn't do that. Instead they put millions at risk and may have cost thousands of lives.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At all times outside or in public you mean (excluding in private residences)?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol all you pussies in this thread that cry foul over those who cherish their freedoms while yall mocked them just to cry foul again while always moving the goal posts in order to pat yourselves on the back. you leftys are the weak links of our, and any, society.

you never did give us the name of your tattoo shop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No cites, pure gossip.
    All found on cdc website. Interesting your so afraid yet you dont know any facts. Lololooooooolooolkookooklkollllooooklll

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds plausible to me that they might have been on the fence early this year. Your intuition that they are now seems idiosyncratic, what do you base it on?

Do we have better information about masking and SARS-CoV-2 now than we did in February and March? Is there some unwritten rule that once a public official gives advice, that it is disreputable or somehow deceptive to change it in light of new information, a clearer understanding of the situation, or to correct a mistake?

Seems you're insisting that public health officials maintain a foolish consistency with whatever their first advice was, or that they are to be disbelieved in all things if they screwed up one thing.
    did we have 40 years of science and studies before fauci flip flopped on masks. Yep. Sorry 40 years of science is better than whatever you are doing with a mask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All found on cdc website. Interesting your so afraid yet you dont know any facts. Lololooooooolooolkookooklkollllooooklll
    did we have 40 years of science and studies before fauci flip flopped on masks. Yep. Sorry 40 years of science is better than whatever you are doing with a mask.
    No cites, pure gossip.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip, again

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip, again
    Cdc says masks don't work

Cloth masks will not protect you from wildfire smoke.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I have fldren on ignore but I’m sure whatever he’s posting is gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you never did give us the name of your tattoo shop.
    off got. seriously wtf you gonna do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is that gossip? cdc released that bs statement the other day. just like in the beginning; don't wear a mask, wear a mask, stays om surfaces, doesn't stay on surfaces, etc...

the CDC and the WHO. both are frauds.

Thread Information