Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    And if they do take your guns, the rest of us should be upset because.......
    Because they will come after something you like next.

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade
    unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I
    didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to
    speak up.” --Pastor Martin Niemöller, 1945

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they will come after something you like next.
    A slippery slippery slippery slope!

Name one thing I like that they will come after next.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    A slippery slippery slippery slope!

Name one thing I like that they will come after next.
    I don't know what you like. Still, there is no reason to come after people's guns.

Something interesting that looks like it applies to you:
    Although Niemöller and other Germans actively preached and campaigned against Nazism in the
    1930s, millions of others did nothing or actively supported Hitler Obama (liberals/progressives etc.) as he consolidated his power
    and spread oppression and murder authoritarianism across Europe the USA.
    Niemöller’s stirring quote was a statement
    aimed at all Germans for allowing such things to happen. His eloquent words soon became
    synonymous with the struggles of individual and national consciences everywhere, as the world
    came to recognize the enormous horrors of the Holocaust and the other atrocities of WWII.
    History has this funny way or repeating itself.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    boutons when i find you i'm going to beat your ass and stomp you out

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And if they do take your guns, the rest of us should be upset because.......
    if you can't see why there is no point of you even being in this discussion.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Gonna be a lot of law abiding felons in CA. Could get interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, there is no reason to come after people's guns.
    Any type of guns?

Something interesting that looks like it applies to you:

History has this funny way or repeating itself.
    You repeatedly suck, wild godwin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you can't see why there is no point of you even being in this discussion.
    No I still don't see why citizens like you should be allowed to have excessive weaponry.

If you can give good reasons why you having these types of guns benefits society, I'll write a letter to a congressman on your behalf.

so far, all I see from you is crying that they are taking away your toys.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Any type of guns?
    No reason to take what is already legal.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No I still don't see why citizens like you should be allowed to have excessive weaponry.

If you can give good reasons why you having these types of guns benefits society, I'll write a letter to a congressman on your behalf.

so far, all I see from you is crying that they are taking away your toys.
    Did you even watch the video? I posted cliff notes if you didn't. They aren't going after just AR15's. My handguns and shotguns that I legally own now would make me a felon. , just the amount of ammunition I have on hand would make me a felon. I'll address your questions further, I'm going out for the night, don't want you to think I took my ball and ran home. Have fun with the Friday night Internets Blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to take what is already legal.
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even watch the video? I posted cliff notes if you didn't. They aren't going after just AR15's. My handguns and shotguns that I legally own now would make me a felon. , just the amount of ammunition I have on hand would make me a felon. I'll address your questions further, I'm going out for the night, don't want you to think I took my ball and ran home. Have fun with the Friday night Internets Blake.
    but they aren't taking away all types of handguns, are they.

you're taking your concealed, right? Someone like you carrying makes me feel safe enough to get out myself. Especially if you've had a few to drink first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you know CA has a super majority, so I don't see how you think it's just all talk now. If this does go through they've effectively disarmed the entire state and made anyone who keeps their guns a felon. s about to hit the fan. Can't believe you all keep saying its just talk.
    Still don't see anywhere in what you posted that they're confiscating any guns... in other words, no, they're not coming for your guns... yawn...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a lot of law abiding felons in CA. Could get interesting.
    You can't be 'law abiding' if you're breaking the law... that's when you become a felon...

So there's either going to be a lot of 'law abiding' citizens or a lot of felons.

I suspect there's going to be a lot of lawsuits before then...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that complicated... the SCOTUS already ruled that any guns commonly used for self-defense cannot be banned... any mechanism or lock that's an impediment to self-defense cannot be mandated...

That doesn't mean there's no regulation possible, and that such regulation wouldn't be legal. Claiming your rocket launcher is for self-defense in the middle of Los Angeles is probably not going to fly.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so 'they' are not coming for your guns...

Let me know when they get them, and we'll resume this conversation... until then, it's all
    You are confusing 'taking' with 'coming'

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Still don't see anywhere in what you posted that they're confiscating any guns... in other words, no, they're not coming for your guns... yawn...
    If that law passes, and registered owners of affected guns don't turn them over, do you think they will not be hit with a felony charge?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, this thread was specifically about confiscation.

Still nothing on that front.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are confusing 'taking' with 'coming'
    I fail to see what's the concern if they're not taking them. The alternative is 'they're coming after our guns and leaving them with us'. I don't think that's what the OP's whining is about.

If that law passes, and registered owners of affected guns don't turn them over, do you think they will not be hit with a felony charge?
    turn what over? I've yet to see any confiscation taking place. Even in NY, who actually *passed* a tight gun control law.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    A question for both Blake and ElNono.

If the law passes that makes it a felony to posses a 10 round magazine, and a law abiding citizens turns them all in that he knows he has, then... what if... What if it is discovered that he missed one. He is now a felon. What if someone else discovered it? What if for some reason, he had a search warrant issued for his premises, and that was all they found?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    turn what over? I've yet to see any confiscation taking place. Even in NY, who actually *passed* a tight gun control law.
    100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question for both Blake and ElNono.

If the law passes that makes it a felony to posses a 10 round magazine, and a law abiding citizens turns them all in that he knows he has, then... what if... What if it is discovered that he missed one. He is now a felon. What if someone else discovered it? What if for some reason, he had a search warrant issued for his premises, and that was all they found?
    He'll have a right to a trial where he'll be able to explain his position. The fact that he turned in all of his other magazines probably will work in his favor.

Due process isn't outlawed for the most part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% prohibition of all magazines greater than 10 rounds. All previous grandfathered magazines become illegal. Felony if you keep one.
    A magazine is a gun?

smh

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    He'll have a right to a trial where he'll be able to explain his position. The fact that he turned in all of his other magazines probably will work in his favor.

Due process isn't outlawed for the most part.
    My god, you are an authoritarian apologist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My god, you are an authoritarian apologist.
    why?

EDIT: actually, never mind. You're too dumb to make a cogent point.

Thread Information