Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see. He looks really surprised and happy.
    good news for a change

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you know he was duped?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old saying, if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. So appropriate.

UK's 'special relationship' with the US is more fragile than ever. Just when Boris Johnson is banking on it

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/polit...ntl/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old saying, if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. So appropriate.

UK's 'special relationship' with the US is more fragile than ever. Just when Boris Johnson is banking on it

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/polit...ntl/index.html
    You should really READ the articles. Nothing in it is bad for Trump.

You're welcome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool he sent you a hat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge wants to know if Trump is backing off Russia probe declassification
    Walton suggests White House counsel’s office may have gone rogue

A federal judge demanded on Friday that the White House counsel’s office confirm directly with President Donald Trump whether he stands by a series public statements he made declaring that he’d declassified all information related to the probe of alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

After news outlets suing for access to government records from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation reported Trump’s statements to the court, a Justice Department official said he’d checked with the White House counsel’s office and officials there said the president’s statements were not intended to effect any further release of information.

But at a hearing Friday, U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton said the secondhand word of an unnamed official in the White House counsel’s office wasn’t good enough to countermand what appeared to be a series of clear statements from Trump that he wanted all the information out.

“I think the American public has a right to rely upon what the president says about what his intent is,” said Walton, an appointee of President George W. Bush. “It seems to me that when a president makes an unambiguous statement of what his intent is, I can’t rely upon White House counsel saying, 'Well, that was not his intent.' Maybe White House counsel talked to the president. Maybe they didn’t, but I can’t tell.”

The 25-minute telephone hearing include the kinds of exchanges between judges and government lawyers that would have been considered stunning under any other president, but have become commonplace under Trump. Walton said, in essence, that he did not trust that the White House counsel’s office was accurately relaying the president’s view.

Justice Department attorney Courtney Enlow said the statements of the lawyers involved were en led to a “presumption of regularity,” essentially that government officials should be taken at their word.

“That should end the matter,” she said.

But the judge suggested such deference wasn’t justified because the president himself had signaled that some rogue elements in the government were resisting his orders.

“How do I know that the statements made by White House counsel are in fact the position of the president? ... How can I assume White House counsel is, in fact, acting at the direction of the president? How can I assume that?” Walton asked, pointing to an interview the president did last Friday with radio host Rush Limbaugh.

“I’ve fully declassified everything. Everything’s been declassified. They have so much information,” Trump told Limbaugh.

---

not even Barr's DOJ can cover Dennison's twitter and TV verbal diarrhea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool he sent you a hat
    sick burn bruv

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should really READ the articles. Nothing in it is bad for Trump.

You're welcome
    You must have faulty vision as it was posted in thread posted just for you and derp.

What part of “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life” is not bad?

You must not have learned good from bad at bot school or at your fake christian church.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You must have faulty vision as it was posted in thread posted just for you and derp.

What part of “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life” is not bad?

You must not have learned good from bad at bot school or at your fake christian church.

You didn't read the article.

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't read the article.

lol
    You have no reading comprehension skills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HHS lawyer: Trump’s drug cards could violate election law

Health department’s legal concerns about the drug-card plan for seniors could delay plans to promote it beyond Election Day

President Donald Trump's plan to give seniors $200 discount cards to buy prescription drugs could violate election law,

the plan's timing and design could invite legal challenges,

the proposed $7.9 billion plan ... would spark concerns about

inappropriately using federal funds so close to the election.

administration officials to seek guidance from the

DOJ's public integrity section
    DOJ integrity under Barr?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...ion-law-429989

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Instead of a stupid red hat, Trump should have gifted this wimp a gym membership and a meal plan...this koriwutt look-a-like is getting curb stomped just as soon as he walks out the door with that stupid hat on

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if voted out, he'll still be president for 2.5 months more and god knows what kind of stupid he'll do then. Eg, starting war with Iran, further gutting SS and Medicare by executive order, etc.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if voted out, he'll still be president for 2.5 months more and god knows what kind of stupid he'll do then. Eg, starting war with Iran, further gutting SS and Medicare by executive order, etc.
    hopefully he loses at least a month fighting the results

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully he loses at least a month fighting the results
    So we can have Proud Boys shooting in the streets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we can have Proud Boys shooting in the streets?
    he could lose by 15 points and he'll still fight it, the reason we want such a big loss is so the SC won't be able to steal it

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    At heart Trump is just a lazy fatass who wants to enrich himself. I think he'll spend those 2.5 months in Mar-a-lago where he can charge the state department $700/night for Secret Service agents to stay there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At heart Trump is just a lazy fatass who wants to enrich himself. I think he'll spend those 2.5 months in Mar-a-lago where he can charge the state department $700/night for Secret Service agents to stay there.
    Why can't he do that and start war with Iran? Pretty clear the Republicans want to leave Biden with as big of a cluster as they can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but he's also a giant asshole

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Why can't he do that and start war with Iran? Pretty clear the Republicans want to leave Biden with as big of a cluster as they can.
    Because that would require work and it doesn't benefit him. I also think (assuming he loses and doesn't contest the results) people in his administration aren't going to aid and abet him anymore.

He's definitely going to spend those 2.5 months trying to steal as much taxpayer money as possible since he's gonna need a defense fund when he's out of office, but I don't know what else he'd care enough about to do.

Thread Information