My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Deep knee bend Orban

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't answer the question.

One can only conclude you don't know how international diplomacy works with Putin.
    Or that your question is ultimately irrelevant because what I said applies to Putin or any dictator that acts in his interest.
    Last edited by DMX7; 12-14-2023 at 09:45 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Korean armistice is enforced by USA and 30000 US soldiers. Korean border length is also only a tenth of Russia-Ukraine border and much more defensible. USA committing a quarter million US soldier to defense and protection of Ukraine is certainly one option, but you will have to increase the US defense budget significantly for it to work.
    You may not realize this but you're also talking about the cir stances that we'll face even if Ukraine kicked Russia out entirely (which it won't). Because Russia won't simply disappear and Ukraine will not be allowed to invade and totally disarm Russia (not that they're capable of that either).

The aid is going to continue even after the fighting stops but will be less. The G7 is negotiating security assurances for Ukraine to cover this. It's all going to be difficult and messy and expensive no matter what happens, but I think it'll be far better for Ukraine and US if the major hostilities end now.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why don’t they just leave?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"NEVER SURRENDER!"
    [

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin says he has 600K+ troops in Ukraine

Everyone very well clothed, fed, armed, of course

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"NEVER SURRENDER!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You may not realize this but you're also talking about the cir stances that we'll face even if Ukraine kicked Russia out entirely (which it won't). Because Russia won't simply disappear and Ukraine will not be allowed to invade and totally disarm Russia (not that they're capable of that either).

The aid is going to continue even after the fighting stops but will be less. The G7 is negotiating security assurances for Ukraine to cover this. It's all going to be difficult and messy and expensive no matter what happens, but I think it'll be far better for Ukraine and US if the major hostilities end now.
    Ukraine pushing to Azov sea, puts most Russian Black sea trade roots in range, putting Russia in much weaker position and Ukraine in much stronger position and that's ignoring that Russia retreating from Ukraine most probably means end of Putin regime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or that your question is ultimately irrelevant because what I said applies to Putin or any dictator that acts in his interest.
    Dictators are in their own isolated information bubble, surrounded by yes men. They make stupid decisions against their own best interest all the time, far more often than democratic leadership. Like when Hitler attacked his all Soviet union, that was supplying the with food and oil, while at war with Britain. Or like Hitler declared war on USA while already in war with UK and soviet union. Or like when Saddam attacked Kuwait. Or like when Putin attacked Ukraine.

If Putin thinks he can win against NATO, because NATO is weak and unable to commit, and republicans are willing to run interference for him in US congress, who will tell him, he's wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. You actively dodged the question and tried to answer a question that was not asked.

Why?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"NEVER SURRENDER!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukraine pushing to Azov sea, puts most Russian Black sea trade roots in range, putting Russia in much weaker position and Ukraine in much stronger position and that's ignoring that Russia retreating from Ukraine most probably means end of Putin regime.
    We've been hearing "end of Putin regime" predictions for some time. We even heard plenty of bull about Putin's health completely failing and that he might even be dead last year. I think he's proven his control on power is more durable than we thought.

What you're describing sounds like wishful thinking to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. You actively dodged the question and tried to answer a question that was not asked.

Why?
    Because your question doesn't really matter. Ukraine has no realistic path to the kind of total victory you and others seem to imagine... You know that.

So ultimately this is going to come down to negotiations or turn into a long drawn out stalemate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because your question doesn't really matter. Ukraine has no realistic path to the kind of total victory you and others seem to imagine... You know that.

So ultimately this is going to come down to negotiations or turn into a long drawn out stalemate.
    Nice false dichotomy, Neville.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just say you can't answer the question honestly.

Can you do that?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"NEVER SURRENDER!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    United States To Gain Access To 15 Military Bases In Finland

Finland will sign a defence agreement next week giving the United States access to 15 military bases in NATO's newest member, the Finnish defence ministry said on Friday.

"The Defence Cooperation Agreement (DCA) is to be signed in Washington DC" on Monday by Defence Minister Antti Hakkanen and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken, the foreign affairs ministry said.

The treaty must then be approved by the Nordic country's parliament.

"The DCA will strengthen Finland’s defence because it enables the presence and training of US forces and the prepositioning of defence material in the territory of Finland," the foreign ministry continued.

"It will also support the implementation of NATO’s deterrence and defence."

Foreign Minister Elina Valtonen will be present in Washington during the signing to meet Blinken.

The United States signed a similar pact with Sweden on December 6 that gives Washington access to 17 military bases.
    https://www.barrons.com/news/united-...nland-06df226f

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Velik, nice to meet you. What's your angle in this?

The war is turning. Russia did their classic bunker down war economy for 3 years. Their citizens lost but they knew eventually Western funds & involvement would climax.

Europe is moving right politically, more focus inward on European issues. I'm not sure where that leaves Ukraine but even my most Stout Polish supporters have recently taken a step back. Zelenskyy is now unliked by allies. West won't leave Ukraine out to dry but I'd seek resolution.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Why don’t they just leave?
    Because no one can make them. Remember we had to split Berlin in two?

DMX is right. I think Ukraine will have to forfeit some land to get Putin to entirely leave. He will celebrate it with his people.

Europe has terrorism brewing. We need to figure out our Southern border situation. Lower inflation. Great run but it's over. We saved Ukraine and Russia got their little land back.

If Putin is willing to tarnish 20+ years of good guy role (hosting Olympics & World Cup) for land then so be it. We still kicked their ass on the battle field and will do it again. Back to your corner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "good guy role"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Velik, nice to meet you. What's your angle in this?

The war is turning. Russia did their classic bunker down war economy for 3 years. Their citizens lost but they knew eventually Western funds & involvement would climax.

Europe is moving right politically, more focus inward on European issues. I'm not sure where that leaves Ukraine but even my most Stout Polish supporters have recently taken a step back. Zelenskyy is now unliked by allies. West won't leave Ukraine out to dry but I'd seek resolution.
    THis take on European polity made sense 10 years ago.

Poland rejected right wing politics just last month.

Thread Information