Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suck the teat 9-11 boy.
    Inspire him and other QAnon gulpers.
    Tough times for imperialist slurpers like you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah sure but there are probly some downsides as well.

Ok, props. That made me laugh. Well played.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bothsides my ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC.

"both sides" indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    umm, except people do go out and vote knowing that their individual vote is unlikely to be the difference maker, but might as part of the aggregate

people do make donations to charities knowing their individual donations may not be difference makers
    Some do. More don't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voting machines don’t listen.
    But some people can count and see numbers.
    Some people...
    outrage x 4 in SLI

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    outrage x 4 in SLI
    i’m furious...
    Believe it; it will make you feel better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some do. More don't
    Voter participation is north of 50%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voter participation is north of 50%
    Voter + Charity

What's your point exactly? Are you simply looking for the exception to anything said?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voter + Charity

What's your point exactly? Are you simply looking for the exception to anything said?
    the conversation was about voting. i threw in charity as just another example. do you need to re-read where this convo started?

you said people in overwhelmingly republican/democrat states can just adopt the position that their vote doesnt matter, and i disagreed in that you could apply the same thought process even to battleground states because 1 vote never truly is the difference maker, but we know people dont actually think that way because they still go out and vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the conversation was about voting. i threw in charity as just another example. do you need to re-read where this convo started?

you said people in overwhelmingly republican/democrat states can just adopt the position that their vote doesnt matter, and i disagreed in that you could apply the same thought process even to battleground states because 1 vote never truly is the difference maker, but we know people dont actually think that way because they still go out and vote
    I didn't say they should, I said they could. How can you disagree when it's quite obvious people have always adopted that stance with around half the eligible voters not voting at all? Of course they can, and they do for the reasons I mentioned. It doesn't need to be 100% in order to be true.

Some people go out and vote. Some people do not. For those who do not, the "doesn't matter" angle is largely why. It's also why many here sold their lifetime of votes and support for a measly 1M. For those who do go out and vote, not all of them think in the aggregate, some just want to exercise their right to vote, some do it out of habit, some out of pressure from peers. People have various reasons for voting or not voting, but not voting because the ty amount of effect you actually have in saturated states is as legit a reason as any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say they should, I said they could. How can you disagree when it's quite obvious people have always adopted that stance with around half the eligible voters not voting at all? Of course they can, and they do for the reasons I mentioned. It doesn't need to be 100% in order to be true.

Some people go out and vote. Some people do not. For those who do not, the "doesn't matter" angle is largely why. It's also why many here sold their lifetime of votes and support for a measly 1M. For those who do go out and vote, not all of them think in the aggregate, some just want to exercise their right to vote, some do it out of habit, some out of pressure from peers. People have various reasons for voting or not voting, but not voting because the ty amount of effect you actually have in saturated states is as legit a reason as any.
    false, it was only votes. and votes are only one aspect of political engagement that happens once every 2 or 4 years. political activism happens 24/7, votes dont. a million dollars also not insignificant. you would give up a lot of things that "matter" for a million dollars. its disingenuous to frame it that way... but i can see thats why you started that thread now.

people dont vote for a litany of reasons. some because they believe their vote doenst really make a difference? sure. some because they just dont think it makes any difference who will win because they arent affected? probably. some because they are disenfranchised. some because they cant take time off work. some because they're entirely disengaged politicall. and so on.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-16-2020 at 02:40 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Looks like the "both sides" angle is what Rockefeller Republicans like CC and Romney are going with in order to feel better about being a member of the Trump Party.

Sure we're on the same side as Trump on most issues but lib s like that meanie Keith Olbermann are just as bad!

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol these "both sides" republicans just scratching and clawing for a reason to vote Trump. They're going to do it anyway cause they've been party over country for years

Thread Information