Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing Lebron situation with this 's ..

LBJ went to a pretender that started Joel in' Antony Carlos Arroyo and the corpse of Mike Bibby in 2011..

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Grapes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this different from pedo and Payton joining the Lakers? Or Lebron and the Heatles? Or Dwight and Nash to the Lakers? Or even Aldridge to the Spurs.

They all want to win a ring, and they realized the super teams or good teams they join give them the best chances. They are right sometimes, wrong others. let's wait another 10 or 11 months to see what comes out of this.
    I posted the answer to this question just a couple of posts above, tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    How is this different from pedo and Payton joining the Lakers? Or Lebron and the Heatles? Or Dwight and Nash to the Lakers? Or even Aldridge to the Spurs.

They all want to win a ring, and they realized the super teams or good teams they join give them the best chances. They are right sometimes, wrong others. let's wait another 10 or 11 months to see what comes out of this.
    Aldridge isn't a superstar. Neither were Payton, Nash and Dwight. Those guys didn't have the skill and talent of Durant. As far as LeBron, he joined a team and turned them into a le team. Durant, loses one ing series to the Warriors and bails immediately even though he was the reason they blew that lead. This is MUCH worse. He leaves a contender to join a powerhouse. It's very weak.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Aldridge isn't a superstar. Neither were Payton, Nash and Dwight. Those guys didn't have the skill and talent of Durant. As far as LeBron, he joined a team and turned them into a le team. Durant, loses one ing series to the Warriors and bails immediately even though he was the reason they blew that lead. This is MUCH worse. He leaves a contender to join a powerhouse. It's very weak.
    Something I've never seen before in this exact scenario.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't understand why people are surprised, though

Dominos just spent his entire career in a small-market where Westbrook received virtually all the blame for their failures..he would never opt to join a team where he's the only or even primary star, he's one of the most sensitive athletes we have ever seen..
    In all fairness...isnt KD one of the nicest quietest guys ever? It's almost as if hes saying yes I'm beta and I dont mind...leave me be. Or did I miss something?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In all fairness...isnt KD one of the nicest quietest guys ever? It's almost as if hes saying yes I'm beta and I dont mind...leave me be.
    And there is a place all set for him there with State, just like there was one there with the Spurs.

Like Gasol---Durant was made for the Spurs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stephen A says "Weakest move by a superstar"

Troof bomb our sour grapes cuz Durant shuts out his sources?!

Sour grapes....he knows Lebron likely just got his last and final ring

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Signing with the team that just defeated you is pretty weak

Imagine if Lebron had joined the Pierce/KG/Allen Celtics..

No its not..that only applies if that team wins the le enroute to beating you

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Kobe, Air Jaundice, and Jim never left their teams. LeHype is not cut from the same cloth.
    wrong, Kobe demanded a trade from the team that drafted him before he ever suited up for them

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    wrong, Kobe demanded a trade from the team that drafted him before he ever suited up for them
    Kobe stayed in LA 20 yearsPERIOD. Pierce didn't

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Kobe stayed in LA 20 yearsPERIOD. Pierce didn't
    Pierce stayed with Boston a lot longer than Kobe stayed with the Hornets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted the answer to this question just a couple of posts above, tbh.
    So pat Riley got better gm skills. You gotta be in edible naive to think that that the three guys didn't collude ahead of time, and they still managed to lose to the Mavs the first time around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are saying Durant haven't done this before? Of course the other guys do not have his skills because the only person in history of mankind to be exactly like Durant doing exactly what Durant did was Durant doing what he just did. Malone left the Jazz to join the lakers. Dwight led his magic to the finals only a few years before he joined the lakers.

Durant wants to coattail ride, but he is t the first one to do it

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So you are saying Durant haven't done this before? Of course the other guys do not have his skills because the only person in history of mankind to be exactly like Durant doing exactly what Durant did was Durant doing what he just did. Malone left the Jazz to join the lakers. Dwight led his magic to the finals only a few years before he joined the lakers.

Durant wants to coattail ride, but he is t the first one to do it
    Has a top 3 player ever left a stacked team to go join a team that had beat him and almost repeated? I mean has that ever happened through free agency? Btw, Dwight didn't want to play for the Lakers, he went by trade.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Has a top 3 player ever left a stacked team to go join a team that had beat him and almost repeated? I mean has that ever happened through free agency? Btw, Dwight didn't want to play for the Lakers, he went by trade.

It's a specious statement/argument prompted by the tired old ass Media, dj. Christ, and you picked it up off the in' side of the road---then dragged it in here.

What the is wrong with you?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's a specious statement/argument prompted by the tired old ass Media, dj. Christ, and you picked it up off the in' side of the road---then dragged it in here.

What the is wrong with you?
    Has it ever happened? You leave a team you can ring with if you have the will to do it, to join a for sure thing. That is chicken .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Has it ever happened? You leave a team you can ring with if you have the will to do it, to join a for sure thing. That is chicken .
    BS. It wasn't chicken when James did it. It's never been chicken .

You're trying to win a championship. You do whatever it takes.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    BS. It wasn't chicken when James did it. It's never been chicken .

You're trying to win a championship. You do whatever it takes.
    Yet you go around saying certain players don't have "It". So apparently, there is something wrong with it. Oh, and LeBron didn't leave a le contender. Durant did. He's a coward.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yet you go around saying certain players don't have "It". So apparently, there is something wrong with it. Oh, and LeBron didn't leave a le contender. Durant did. He's a coward.
    And this player/Durant went where "It" won't be dependent upon him.

He's a perfect follower.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    And this player/Durant went where "It" won't be dependent upon him.

He's a perfect follower.
    He quit. Pure and simple.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He quit. Pure and simple.
    Nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many time have a top 3 player entered free agency?

Lebron, the top player, left through FA.
    Chamberlain demanded a trade during his peak.
    Jabbar demanded a trade during his peak.

You are basically saying this is a unique situation by putting in qualifiers after qualifiers until it is a unique situation.

But the crux of the issue is that a top player has joined a contender to ring, and it has happened multiple times in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody and their cousins know that OKC will not ring.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    L3bron left miami after losing in the finals to the Spurs

Thread Information