Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with timvp on this one. Nothing should supersede winning a championship. Not hoping to sign a post deadline buyout (Maggette, Pryzbilla, McRoberts, Telfair and Bell, come to mind as potential options) and not acquiring a trade exception to increase the amount of salary they can take on in a draft night trade. If they can get something decent, then by all means they should pull the trigger, but I wouldn't just trade him for the sake of it at this point.

I know you're thinking the Spurs don't need Blair to win a championship . . . but they might. There could come a few games where where one of the top three is in early and/or constant foul trouble and the match-ups don't allow for going small or where one of them is injured and if Blair is traded and they don't sign a McRoberts or whoever to replace him, then the options are Bonner (need I say more?) or Baynes. Call this a hasty assessment if you wish, but I can't imagine him being a contributor in a playoff game this season.

Richie, that's not a bad idea, but if someone in that range were willing to do that, a trade would be done by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because Bonner plays vs the Kings doesn't mean Pop is playing him in the playoffs . Of course Pop is going to use his depth against a team like Sacramento. Who is stupid enough to run their players into the ground at this stage in the season? Even if the guys off the bench are playing ty you don't change your plan/philosophy.
    I should've been more clear about that. I'm speaking the scenario timvp was talking about... some injury that forces Pop to go down the depth chart... I think it's Matty and small ball... I think Blair was headed for his 3rd straight playoffs no-show/reduced-minutes... remember last season hack-a-Splitter reduced Tiago minutes considerably and Blair still didn't get that much run (and that was after starting for most of the season)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should've been more clear about that. I'm speaking the scenario timvp was talking about... some injury that forces Pop to go down the depth chart... I think it's Matty and small ball... I think Blair was headed for his 3rd straight playoffs no-show/reduced-minutes... remember last season hack-a-Splitter reduced Tiago minutes considerably and Blair still didn't get that much run (and that was after starting for most of the season)
    That makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at this pint just dump him for the earliest 2nd rounder you could find tbh

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm up for us getting whatever we can for Blair now because he leaves in free agency, which will force Pop to throw Baynes in the fire with as much time as possible to get ready for the playoffs. I'm over Blair. Liked everything about the kid except the big dumb grin he always flashed after making a mistake, but he can't contribute on the court anymore for this team, so I say get what we can for him now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if he goes, I think that having been picked at #37, Blair gave very reasonable value to the Spurs over the years. I hope he manages to retain whatever is left of his good health and prolongs his NBA careers, wherever he goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be unreasonable to trade up a few places in the draft for Blair? i.e. Blair + Spurs first (#30) for a pick expected to be in #22-#26 range?
    chicago was rumored to be interested in blair. maybe the bulls offer nazr or radmonovic/1st for blair/1st?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Blair means more Bonner.
    Bonner is over Blair on the depth chart anyway. Either way I don't see either playing when it actually matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Blair means more Bonner.
    I don't think it does. I think Bonner was already above Blair in the playoff rotation. Blair basically has zero experience there, and he's barely breaking the 10 mpg right now in the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with timvp on this one. Nothing should supersede winning a championship. Not hoping to sign a post deadline buyout (Maggette, Pryzbilla, McRoberts, Telfair and Bell, come to mind as potential options) and not acquiring a trade exception to increase the amount of salary they can take on in a draft night trade. If they can get something decent, then by all means they should pull the trigger, but I wouldn't just trade him for the sake of it at this point.

I know you're thinking the Spurs don't need Blair to win a championship . . . but they might. There could come a few games where where one of the top three is in early and/or constant foul trouble and the match-ups don't allow for going small or where one of them is injured and if Blair is traded and they don't sign a McRoberts or whoever to replace him, then the options are Bonner (need I say more?) or Baynes. Call this a hasty assessment if you wish, but I can't imagine him being a contributor in a playoff game this season.

Richie, that's not a bad idea, but if someone in that range were willing to do that, a trade would be done by now.
    Honestly if Bonner plays any meaningful minutes in any game in the playoffs, there's a good chance we're losing that game. That guy shouldn't even be let on the floor come playoff time, but knowing Pop he'll put him in anyways. And watch him miss every shot again and continue to he a huge liability on defense. I'll take Blair over Boner 10 times out of 10.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair as insurance? If one of the Spurs bigs goes down, they are in a heap of trouble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner's not in the shortened rotation.

The three main bigs are Duncan, Splitter, and Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know i'm the only person on this forum that feels this way, but i'd be okay with bonner playing those minutes
    F BONNER, I wish they both were gone........ I wish they were neither a problem anymore lol.
    Bonner's not in the shortened rotation.

The three main bigs are Duncan, Splitter, and Diaw.
    THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manu Ginobili's bald spot chapnis's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Bonner, just when he's not playing...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok with trading him. He's a pretty bad fit and if the Spurs are needing him to play meaningful minutes in the playoffs they're done anyways. Hopefully DeJuan will be able to get enough minutes to earn a decent contract on his new team. No way he was going to be able to showcase himself for a payday here.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I'd rather dump Bonner.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd dump Blair before bonner. Bonner at least can play a modi of defense.

also after this trade for a mid 2nd rounder, Cue the assclowns demanding to know why more wasnt gotten.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chicago was rumored to be interested in blair. maybe the bulls offer nazr or radmonovic/1st for blair/1st?
    I like this deal for us a lot, but the Bulls are currently looking at a #20 in the draft. That might be too high for Blair + #30

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have to throw something else with Blair on thisn trade. He has the value of a cat on a backyard at the moment

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This isn't surprising. The Spurs only make moves when players don't want to be here... ie. Blair, Anderson, RJ. Why do you think Bonner is still here? S-jax isn't going anywhere either. The depth will continue to take hits compared to last year's. Baynes, Bonner, Bair and Mills don't play, S-jax is non-existent most nights begging the question why gets the kind of minutes he does, De colo is pretty much useless as a back up pg (oh wait, he can pass, unfortunately that won't land him on a postseason roster anytime soon) and the overall interior defense when Duncan's not in the game is pretty sad. They're also relying on TP way too much. The game tonight should have been a walk in the park instead of the eternal struggle that it was. They shouldn't need TP to put away a bad team like Sacramento. So many fans here are completely blinded by record to see this team isn't nearly as good or as deep as last year's and the cold hard truth might not reveal itself with some until the playoffs arrive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Derek Anderson wanted to be here. Just didn't get the contract he was looking for. Loyalty.

Dejuan Blair: Needs to be sent to a non playoff team in West or any Eastern team not named the cHeat.

Last thing the Spurs need is the corporate knowledge coming back to haunt in May/June.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Blair has wanted a trade for more than a year, and clearly will not re-sign with the Spurs as a free agent this summer."

I was sure Blair wanted a trade.

Well, whatever happens, I hope it works well for the Spurs and Blair(wherever he may go).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this deal for us a lot, but the Bulls are currently looking at a #20 in the draft. That might be too high for Blair + #30
    Can Radmonovic even play still? I haven't heard anything from him in a while and I just looked up his stats and he's averaging 1 point a game this season... Either he's ben injured or he literally never plays. He used to be able to shoot the 3 with the best of them. He's definitely what you would call a stretch 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Radmonovic even play still? I haven't heard anything from him in a while and I just looked up his stats and he's averaging 1 point a game this season... Either he's ben injured or he literally never plays. He used to be able to shoot the 3 with the best of them. He's definitely what you would call a stretch 4.
    Thibs uses a short rotation. I'm perplexed at how Deng manages 38 mpg even if he has a great backup in Jimmy Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thibs uses a short rotation. I'm perplexed at how Deng manages 38 mpg even if he has a great backup in Jimmy Butler.
    Yea Thibs runs his players into the ground. Would it be worth trying to trade for Vlad Rad then? I'm sure he could be had for cheap considering he's riding the pine and he's only owed about $600,000 the rest of this season. I'm sure he can still stroke it.

Thread Information