Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Lions have won 3 of their last 5, the Eagles have lost 3 of 4. Now a short week on the road vs a team that knows how to prepare for this Turkey Day game. There is nothing that favors the Eagles in this "spot".
    The Eagles are actually 10-5* over the last 10 years when they come in to a game losing 3 of 4. The Lions? Yep...they are 2-6* when coming in to a game after having won 3 of 5.
    Seems like a good "spot" to double down on Philly.

Lions have won 3 of their last 5, the Eagles have lost 3 of 4. Now a short week on the road vs a team that knows how to prepare for this Turkey Day game. There is nothing that favors the Eagles in this "spot".
    There's a lot of sharp money this week on the Cowboys and Lions, tbh..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Eagles are actually 10-5* over the last 10 years when they come in to a game losing 3 of 4. The Lions? Yep...they are 2-6* when coming in to a game after having won 3 of 5.
    Seems like a good "spot" to double down on Philly.
    You don't ignore ...short week/on the road. And only the Cowboys know how to prepare for this "spot" on a par with the Lions.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    You don't ignore ...short week/on the road. And only the Cowboys know how to prepare for this "spot" on a par with the Lions.
    What do you mean by "this spot"? Every team plays a Thursday game so it's not as rare as you might think. If your referring to Turkey day games, might I remind you that the Eagles went on the road last year and throttled the cowboys on Thanksgiving 33-10. If I were you, I'd lock your wallet in a safe until after tomorrow's games for fear you might actually make a bet based off of this failed logic.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    What do you mean by "this spot"? Every team plays a Thursday game so it's not as rare as you might think. If your referring to Turkey day games, might I remind you that the Eagles went on the road last year and throttled the cowboys on Thanksgiving 33-10. If I were you, I'd lock your wallet in a safe until after tomorrow's games for fear you might actually make a bet based off of this failed logic.
    Correct me if I'm wrong Avante, but I think he means Cowboys in a must win situation @ home with Romo and Dez back against a team that can afford to lose a game and has to travel on Thanksgiving. The "spot" goes beyond the fact this is a Thanksgiving game.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I don't ever do teasers but am thinking about a +7 which makes the lines

Cowboys +9 over Carolina
    Giants +4 over Redskins
    Cardinals -3.5 over 49'ers
    are you just making these spreads up? Where the are the Cowboys getting 9 points?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    are you just making these spreads up? Where the are the Cowboys getting 9 points?
    It's a teaser bet. You take multiple games and you get additional points. Have to win all of them though.
    So in this case, I got 7 points in my favor added to each of the individual lines.
    The original lines were:
    Cowboys +2
    Giants -3
    Cards -10.5

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It's a teaser bet. You take multiple games and you get additional points. Have to win all of them though.
    So in this case, I got 7 points in my favor added to each of the individual lines.
    The original lines were:
    Cowboys +2
    Giants -3
    Cards -10.5
    I know what a teaser is, didn't realize you were betting a teaser.

Thinking about the game I'm actually worried about how Tony is gonna perform on a short week. Last year he looked like because he didn't get enough time to recoup his fractured back. This year he's coming off his first game back where he took a lot of hits. I'm hoping he isn't dealing with any soreness or any other setbacks.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Correct me if I'm wrong Avante, but I think he means Cowboys in a must win situation @ home with Romo and Dez back against a team that can afford to lose a game and has to travel on Thanksgiving. The "spot" goes beyond the fact this is a Thanksgiving game.
    Avante isn't that deep. He was referring to the Eagles/Lions game using the short week/on the road playing a team that knows how to prepare for a Turkey Day game as reasons why Detroit should win the game. Both teams need the win in the worst way so both teams will come prepared and ready to play. The Eagles have won in these situations before which is why I pointed out last year's blowout win at Dallas. It's a trap game if you're playing the spread because both the Eagles and Lions are unpredictable. However, the Eagles are the better team.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 11-25-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Here's a breakdown of how the cowboys rungame is actually better than last year.

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/this-...better.337436/

cowboy haters thinking losing that fumbling choking got was a big deal.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I know what a teaser is, didn't realize you were betting a teaser.
    lol. I was surprised by the question. Thought you might be trying to troll me or something. It says it was a teaser in the post.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    lol. I was surprised by the question. Thought you might be trying to troll me or something. It says it was a teaser in the post.
    I went with a 10 point sweetheart teaser this week:

Bucs +13
    Vikings +11
    Pittsburgh +14

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I went with a 10 point sweetheart teaser this week:

Bucs +13
    Vikings +11
    Pittsburgh +14
    That looks solid.

For the of it, I just did a small amount 7 point teaser on all six games in your post and mine. same teams.
    Also a very small bet on the original line for all 6.

so there

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If you were me you'd know all the stats/trends and not say stupid things like that. And, As I mentioned above, I don't play $$$ these Turkey Day games, too busy with family to be able to watch my $$$$.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante isn't that deep. He was referring to the Eagles/Lions game using the short week/on the road playing a team that knows how to prepare for a Turkey Day game as reasons why Detroit should win the game. Both teams need the win in the worst way so both teams will come prepared and ready to play. The Eagles have won in these situations before which is why I pointed out last year's blowout win at Dallas. It's a trap game if you're playing the spread because both the Eagles and Lions are unpredictable. However, the Eagles are the better team.
    The Eagles were 8-3 last season when they beat the Cowboys, not 4-6 like they are now. That's a big difference. Keep in mind this is a back to back home game for the Lions, which is always good. Ther is nothing pointing towards the Eagles in this "spot".

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    If you were me you'd know all the stats/trends and not say stupid things like that. And, As I mentioned above, I don't play $$$ these Turkey Day games, too busy with family to be able to watch my $$$$.
    What trends? Detroit beat GB in a game where the Lions did everything they could to lose the game in the 4th quarter. Not to mention, Aaron Rodgers had one of his worst games of his career and yet, were still a made fg away from winning. I wouldn't put much stock in beating a mediocre LAR team at home, tbh. I wasn't the stupid one who said Philly can't handle "this spot" (Short rest/game on road) when they did just that last season vs Dallas.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    The Eagles were 8-3 last season when they beat the Cowboys, not 4-6 like they are now. That's a big difference. Keep in mind this is a back to back home game for the Lions, which is always good. Ther is nothing pointing towards the Eagles in this "spot".
    After they beat Dallas on Thanksgiving, they dropped their next three (including a home game to Dallas) and missed the playoffs. Detroit is playing the role of spoiler because they aren't catching Minnesota or GB in the NFC North. Philly has a lot more to lose in this game.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What trends? Detroit beat GB in a game where the Lions did everything they could to lose the game in the 4th quarter. Not to mention, Aaron Rodgers had one of his worst games of his career and yet, were still a made fg away from winning. I wouldn't put much stock in beating a mediocre LAR team at home, tbh. I wasn't the stupid one who said Philly can't handle "this spot" (Short rest/game on road) when they did just that last season vs Dallas.
    Are you another rookie at this?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    After they beat Dallas on Thanksgiving, they dropped their next three (including a home game to Dallas) and missed the playoffs. Detroit is playing the role of spoiler because they aren't catching Minnesota or GB in the NFC North. Philly has a lot more to lose in this game.
    Bull .

Another rookie, damn~~~~~~

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Bull .

Another rookie, damn~~~~~~
    Philly is 7-1 SU and 6-2 ATS in its last eight games versus the Lions. That's a trend, not some bull about not being able to play a road game with short rest on turkey day. Detroit's only saving grace is their defense which has played pretty decent over the last two games is going up against one of the worst qbs in the league. Detroit's offense on the other hand

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Philly is 7-1 SU and 6-2 ATS in its last eight games versus the Lions. That's a trend, not some bull about not being able to play a road game with short rest on turkey day. Detroit's only saving grace is their defense which has played pretty decent over the last two games is going up against one of the worst qbs in the league. Detroit's offense on the other hand
    Ok rookie...

When has Philly beaten the Lions when they had a losing record, well? They had a losing record in 2012 so they lost 23-26 in Philly.

This isn't a good Eagles team, having just dropped two in a row at home now on the road and a short week.The Lions winning two in a row now at home 'again".

Come on rookie.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Sharps have moved the line from -1 CAR to -1.5 DAL in the last 24 hours, makes me a bit nervous tbqh.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sharps have moved the line from -1 CAR to -1.5 DAL in the last 24 hours, makes me a bit nervous tbqh.
    The line is moving all over the place, right now it's back to Dallas +1.5 (at least on Bovada). That could be a flood of public money though.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Today is gameday.

I'll tell ya, I've seen quite a bit of talk from Dallas fans all over all social media, sports websites, and expert picks.

Lets see what your boys got.

Thread Information