Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you telling me you think he's ever going to develop the kind of handles Durant has at 7'5"? As of now Victor having the ball at the three point line is usually a turnover or a bad shot whenever he calls his own number.
    He has a far better chance of developing KDs handles than he has a chance of gaining Jokic's bulk. He isn't a liability as a ball handler, but he is as a post player. He turns the ball over when he's out there on an island and has no good choices. That is the reason for the bad shot selection as well.

There's no motion in the offense, and Victor can't set screens yet. Putting the ball in his hands and adjusting the offense accordingly solves those problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a far better chance of developing KDs handles than he has a chance of gaining Jokic's bulk. He isn't a liability as a ball handler, but he is as a post player. He turns the ball over when he's out there on an island and has no good choices. That is the reason for the bad shot selection as well.

There's no motion in the offense, and Victor can't set screens yet. Putting the ball in his hands and adjusting the offense accordingly solves those problems.
    Don’t need jokic bulk to be effective. Kevin Garnett wasn’t just chucking 3s and turning the ball over. And we just need Victor to abuse opposing SF/SF types in the post. Nobody here is asking him to battle with Embiid down low. You can bet your ass that if KG ever got switched and a small was defending him, he was going to back his ass down for an easy shot at the rim

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No one's saying he needs to be a post player first and foremost. But he needs to be enough of a threat 15 feet and in that you can't get away with guarding him with a swing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one's saying he needs to be a post player first and foremost. But he needs to be enough of a threat 15 feet and in that you can't get away with guarding him with a swing.
    I definitely agree that they need to figure out ways to get him touches near the basket, but getting him lanes through movement seems more aligned with his skillset. Movement is the key. Having teammates moving around him and getting him the ball while he's in motion. I trust his jumper to just let him shoot if they dare him to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' idea of post offense is 4 down, which should be called 4 stand around. Victor with four young players watching him struggle is just gonna get him beat up and worn out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing about that, teams are required to spend a certain amount. The Spurs haven’t been getting enough value for their money.
    Wemby’s presence raised the value of the spurs franchise of more than 1 billion…

The money is not the issue. The stinginess of the owners or PATFO is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby’s presence raised the value of the spurs franchise of more than 1 billion…

The money is not the issue. The stinginess of the owners or PATFO is
    They’re paying each young FRP as they become eligible, Lonnie excepted, and renting out their cap space, cutting the players, and eating the salary instead of dumping the picks or cutting young players. They are literally paying players like Bassey,Julian, and Mamu when they don’t have to. They could have just kept Payne, Bullock, and that other guy from the Cleveland trade, and saved money. That’s kind of the opposite of stingy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant Wemby is worth paying the luxury tax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant Wemby is worth paying the luxury tax
    And they will. It’s not like the salary cap, though. You can’t just sign guys up to the luxury tax. Your payroll has to grow over time through guys hitting their extensions or new contracts, trades, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thx for the explanation, I admit I don't know much about the actual CBA...

However I can't understand how the idea of having vets or players able to pass the ball didn't cross PATFO'S mind considering their jackpot/Franchise player NEEDS to be assisted to score efficiently...

It makes zero sense when u add that to Pop's preseason goal to start winning this year.

It directly impacts Wemby's bad shots selection unless they thought he would act like a role player, not minding receiving the ball/scoring...

I know you're one of those defending PATFO so pls explin me the logic, And pls don't bring the next draft, it's an even worst scenario that means Wemby will have to waste 1 or 2 more season waiting for a young PG's development.

thx

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I see comments about how Victor played in France. While that's all we knew of him, that probably won't translate directly to the NBA. Victor is likely going to have to develop moves in the post, like it or not. The benefit of his length and wingspan are somewhat nullified if all he does is stand out at the arc shooting ~27%. If he had KD's outside touch that's different. Victor is a collection of hard-to-impossible to find attributes and skills. There's no guarantee he will be a great NBA player but the odds are pretty high based on those attributes and skills. He could be great, maybe no Chet Holmgren but still.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "maybe not Chet..."

Nice troll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see comments about how Victor played in France. While that's all we knew of him, that probably won't translate directly to the NBA. Victor is likely going to have to develop moves in the post, like it or not. The benefit of his length and wingspan are somewhat nullified if all he does is stand out at the arc shooting ~27%. If he had KD's outside touch that's different. Victor is a collection of hard-to-impossible to find attributes and skills. There's no guarantee he will be a great NBA player but the odds are pretty high based on those attributes and skills. He could be great, maybe no Chet Holmgren but still.
    My how expectations have adjusted.

On the bright side, Holmgren was considered a brittle bust this time last year. The despair of the moment always reigns supreme . . .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thx for the explanation, I admit I don't know much about the actual CBA...

However I can't understand how the idea of having vets or players able to pass the ball didn't cross PATFO'S mind considering their jackpot/Franchise player NEEDS to be assisted to score efficiently...

It makes zero sense when u add that to Pop's preseason goal to start winning this year.

It directly impacts Wemby's bad shots selection unless they thought he would act like a role player, not minding receiving the ball/scoring...

I know you're one of those defending PATFO so pls explin me the logic, And pls don't bring the next draft, it's an even worst scenario that means Wemby will have to waste 1 or 2 more season waiting for a young PG's development.

thx
    They said they didn't want to make any expensive mistakes before they knew what they had. I took that as them saying they weren't going to pay Fred VanVleet $45 million a year or give up assets to trade for someone old and high dollar like James Harden or Damian Lillard. Personally I was hoping for Brook Lopez on a two year deal and maybe CP0 on a one or two year deal, but Milwaukee offered Lopez huge money plus a chance at a le and GSW looked like a contender when CP0 chose them. Spurs better ing do something about the PG this summer though, and not just in the draft. Ugh that Collins deal is looking bad right now since without it the Spurs would probably have around $52 million in capspace instead of $36 million next summer, which means if they want to sign say OG Anunoby they'll have to move a first or two to clear the space.

Thread Information