• democrats

9 52.94%
  • republicans

8 47.06%
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Quite frankly Sotomayor should step down too, she has type 2 beetus. I know she hasn’t been on the bench long but we can’t afford her eating one to many churros and croaking when the GOP has senate control.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh they’re letting Durbin be Whip/judiciary chair. Was really hoping judiciary chair would be Whitehouse, he wouldn’t let a single Fedsoc judge ever get by committee. Durbin is a useless hack who’s gonna allow the GOP Senators to get some of their judges through for the sake of “bipartisanship” even though the GOP didn’t do that at all the last 6 years.
    As someone originally from Illinois Durban is definitely a very moderate/conservative Dem. Unfortunate to see him get this spot. Another old democrat dinosaur that will hopefully be phased out in coming years.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing missing is the two write in votes for Ron Paul.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Chris Coons wasting no time finding a reason to surrender to the GOP even as the majority party. He’s always been one of the worst offenders in this regard.

we need to embrace bipartisanship after the GOP has been giving bipartisanship the middle finger the last 4 years

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden picks Garland as AG.

What a re ed pick.
    At least now he can replace Garland on the DC Court of Appeals.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’m actually liking the Garland pick now. Didn’t know that he prosecuted McVeigh, Unibomber, and the Atlanta Olympics Bombing. An AG well versed in going after right wing terrorists is really important right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neera Tandon, trasher of anything and anybody progressive, OMB ($$$)

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Coons wasting no time finding a reason to surrender to the GOP even as the majority party. He’s always been one of the worst offenders in this regard.

we need to embrace bipartisanship after the GOP has been giving bipartisanship the middle finger the last 4 years
    I don't understand what's inherently divisive about PR/DC statehood anyway, outside of the assumption that doing so benefits Democrats.

Take away partisan benefit, and what compelling argument can you really make that DC should not have Senate representation? Or PR for that matter? It's something that reasonable people should be able to agree on regardless, and it should be treated that way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude, the statehood and court packing opportunity came and went when gots like Cunningham, Greenfield, Gideon got their pushed in.

Maybe in 2022 when there are more opportunities.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Dude, the statehood and court packing opportunity came and went when gots like Cunningham, Greenfield, Gideon got their pushed in.

Maybe in 2022 when there are more opportunities.
    I’m aware, I just can’t stand how Coons is so focused on lowering expectations and making preemptive excuses for why the Democrats will need to bend the knee. Did he really need to make this statement today? His behavior only makes the Bernie or Busters look more credible when they say Dems look for reasons to get nothing done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to rush through reforms that sideline all the Trump judges. budget cuts, restructuring...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m actually liking the Garland pick now. Didn’t know that he prosecuted McVeigh, Unibomber, and the Atlanta Olympics Bombing. An AG well versed in going after right wing terrorists is really important right now.
    deep background:

After winning the November 1996 presidential election, Clinton renominated Garland on January 7, 1997.Garland's confirmation vote came to the floor of the Republican-controlled Senate on March 19, 1997. He was confirmed in a 76–23 vote and received his judicial commission the next day.The majority of Republican senators voted to confirm Garland, including Senators John McCain, Orrin Hatch, Susan Collins, and Jim Inhofe. Senators Mitch McConnell, Chuck Grassley, and Jeff Sessions were among those who voted against Garland.All of the 23 "no" votes came from Republicans, and all were based "on whether there was even a need for an eleventh seat" on the D.C. Circuit.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merrick_Garland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what's inherently divisive about PR/DC statehood anyway, outside of the assumption that doing so benefits Democrats.

Take away partisan benefit, and what compelling argument can you really make that DC should not have Senate representation? Or PR for that matter? It's something that reasonable people should be able to agree on regardless, and it should be treated that way.
    Good government rationales for keeping DC and Puerto Rico as second class, quasi-colonial dependencies, without voting representation in congress?

(None apparently forthcoming. Whatever passes in silence becomes part of the common sense.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m aware, I just can’t stand how Coons is so focused on lowering expectations and making preemptive excuses for why the Democrats will need to bend the knee. Did he really need to make this statement today? His behavior only makes the Bernie or Busters look more credible when they say Dems look for reasons to get nothing done.
    Biden already bended the knee.

They put a statement out yesterday even before polls closed that said something along the lines of "even if we win these senates seats we will need mah bipartisan and work with mah republicans."

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Biden already bended the knee.

They put a statement out yesterday even before polls closed that said something along the lines of "even if we win these senates seats we will need mah bipartisan and work with mah republicans."
    That’s part of Biden’s act imo. Coons genuinely loves to make excuses, he was doing it in Sep/Oct when everyone thought the Dems would clean up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Pence shreaded Trump and his lapdog senators in his letter to congress.

Chris where you at? Dont kill yourself yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disgusting... why not just take turns giving Mitch rimjobs too? smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how dumb do you have to be to really believe Pence was going to overturn the results by himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never noticed Pelosi’s big honkers before. Interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to rush through reforms that sideline all the Trump judges. budget cuts, restructuring...
    stop destruction ANWR, Tongass, and other protected areas

re-protect Bears Ears

no mining near Grand Canyon

block Capitalists from buying Western water rights.

re-protect gray wolves and all large mammals

cut down Trash's wall that violates sacred grounds and stop animal movement

annul: "Trump administration to finalize rule disallowing science from EPA policymaking"

make coal ash a toxic substance

sue BigOil and its contractors for abandoned, leaking wells

etc, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Cruz you piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad. Still, I knew she was old, but JFC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad. Still, I knew she was old, but JFC.

that’s exactly what went through my mind. When you’re taking pictures as an adult with John F Kennedy, you’re ing old af.

Thread Information