Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 still had a great season last year. Look at the numbers. PER of 23.7, Win share of 14. He's willing to accept next year's option as well. They would have him for two seasons.

Kaman is gonna get traded as soon as he gets to NOLA. Gordon is a good scorer. Aminu is still a project.

Its not a steep price at all.
    It's an extremely steep price considering the quality of the pick. The Clippers would be stupid to make that trade when there will be no offer out there better than Minnesota 1st + Aminu + Bledsoe + Kaman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously they aren't gonna find a better deal for Paul so he is going to stay in NOLA.

No way Stern trade him now

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    It's an extremely steep price considering the quality of the pick. The Clippers would be stupid to make that trade when there will be no offer out there better than Minnesota 1st + Aminu + Bledsoe + Kaman.
    That quality of pick is undetermined. It could be anywhere in the lottery. Its just a 1st round pick. The Clippers will have cap room to add more pieces. I don't care about Bledsoe. But Gordon, Aminu, and the 1st round pick is fair. Kaman is just a throw in due to his salary. The Hornets would probably trade him anyway since he's an expiring contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Run Clips Ruuuuuuuuuuuun!!! You dodged a bullet. Stern. You could probably get Howard for that offer...Stern has totally lost it lol.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    called it that stern wouldn't trade cp3...this isn't about getting what's best for the hornets, its about not letting stars demand where they get traded to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    called it that stern wouldn't trade cp3...this isn't about getting what's best for the hornets, its about not letting stars demand where they get traded to.
    that's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu,Bledsoe,1st round and Kaman is fair.

Paul could be opt out in June so the Clippers would lose all them and the 1st pick

In the other side surely he will opt out in NOLA so they are going to lose him anyway.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Aminu,Bledsoe,1st round and Kaman is fair.

Paul could be opt out in June so the Clippers would lose all them and the 1st pick

In the other side surely he will opt out in NOLA so they are going to lose him anyway.
    Paul said he wouldn't opt out. If that's the case, Gordon should have been in the deal. I don't care about Bledsoe. He's a backup PG at best.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this was a very generous offer for paul. given the clipper's management and draft history, they could afford to give up its young players and high pick for the best pg in the game. NO on the other hand would be getting all the tools necessary to rebuild instead of solid players who are already halfway through their careers in the lakers deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That quality of pick is undetermined. It could be anywhere in the lottery. Its just a 1st round pick. The Clippers will have cap room to add more pieces. I don't care about Bledsoe. But Gordon, Aminu, and the 1st round pick is fair. Kaman is just a throw in due to his salary. The Hornets would probably trade him anyway since he's an expiring contract.
    Undetermined? That pick is guaranteed to be in the lottery, as Minnesota's roster is . You're nuts if you think you'll ever get equal value on trading a star player.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Undetermined? That pick is guaranteed to be in the lottery, as Minnesota's roster is . You're nuts if you think you'll ever get equal value on trading a star player.
    They weren't even asking for equal value. You guys are overrating Gordon and Aminu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Clippers were actually competing with anybody for Paul's services, then I could understand Gordon having to be a part of it.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Equal value would have been Blake Griffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, if I'm the Clippers and they ask for Gordon, I tell them to off and that I'll just sign Paul outright next season and keep my pick, Aminu, and Bledsoe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Equal value would have been Blake Griffin.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Its a star player for a star player. The clippers wouldn't do it, just like the Hornets wouldn't have done it a few years ago.

That's why Gordon, Aminu, and the 1st round pick was enough, especially when Paul said he wouldn't opt out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a star player for a star player. The clippers wouldn't do it, just like the Hornets wouldn't have done it a few years ago.

That's why Gordon, Aminu, and the 1st round pick was enough, especially when Paul said he wouldn't opt out.
    No, it's star player with bad knees for franchise player. About the only player who could pry Griffin out of LA is LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul said he wouldn't opt out. If that's the case, Gordon should have been in the deal. I don't care about Bledsoe. He's a backup PG at best.
    Ok,that's a little different.He would stay at least 2 years in LA.

So if Gordon wasn't in like Yahoo said (credits GM Demps) then I can understand better why NBA wants more

But if Gordon was in nobody is going to give them a better deal.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    No, it's star player with bad knees for franchise player. About the only player who could pry Griffin out of LA is LeBron.
    His knee isn't that bad. He still had an excellent season last season and that was coming off of surgery. His health is exaggerated. But the Hornets weren't asking for Blake Griffin. Non of the players mentioned were All-Stars or anywhere elite as Paul and they never will be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, if I'm the Clippers and they ask for Gordon, I tell them to off and that I'll just sign Paul outright next season and keep my pick, Aminu, and Bledsoe.
    I agree

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    They're not going to be able to afford resigning Gordon to an extension and Paul. Their owner is cheap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Star player with bad knees for $16 million <<< Younger franchise bigman on rookie contract by a mile. LOL equal value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, Hornets tried to rob poor Clipps. With Minny pick and their own, they could add 2 possible franchise players in deep 2012 draft. And still would have Bledsoe, Aminu. Just wow. But they were doing everything to make this deal dead. Nice David Stern, nice.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Updated: December 12, 2011, 2:31 PM ET
    Sources: Clippers' deal for Chris Paul off

By Chris Broussard and Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

A seemingly imminent Chris Paul trade has collapsed for the second time in five days.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Los Angeles Clippers could not complete their proposed Paul trade because the Clippers ultimately decided the NBA's asking price for the All-Star guard was too high.

On Thursday, NBA commissioner David Stern vetoed a three-team trade agreement struck by the Hornets, Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets to send Paul to the Lakers.

At the NBA's direction, sources said, New Orleans was insisting upon the inclusion of both shooting guard Eric Gordon and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round draft choice in addition to former All-Star center Chris Kaman and prospects Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe.

The Clippers found the demands "too steep," according to one source close to the process, even after Paul told the Clippers he would invoke the 2012-13 option in his contract as part of the trade, ensuring that L.A. would have him next to Blake Griffin for at least two seasons.
    It was not immediately known if the Hornets and Clippers plan to keep discussing a deal for Paul or if the Clippers, like the Lakers before them, are so frustrated they're prepared to walk away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Star player with bad knees for $16 million <<< Younger franchise bigman on rookie contract by a mile. LOL equal value.
    Griffin lost whole season with knee injury. Nevertheless they arent equal value. Basketball wise, true maybe, but not including every other aspects of NBA.

Thread Information