Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't you the one complaining about not addressing the OP? What is the le of the thread?
    Pretty sure you're responding to my post saying someone has to be renounced and thought that you had found a hole in that statement. Now you're trying to change the rules. Moreover, I never told the OP that both have to be renounced. My terse initial reply was affirming that he had indeed missed things in this theory of the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure you're responding to my post saying someone has to be renounced and thought that you had found a hole in that statement. Now you're trying to change the rules. Moreover, I never told the OP that both have to be renounced. My terse initial reply was affirming that he had indeed missed things in this theory of the cap.
    Pretty sure you're wrong. I'm interested in keeping our players. My needling you is to get you to stop being intellectually lazy like your 'terse initial reply' which you keep trying to redefine. Nothing more and nothing less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure you're wrong. I'm interested in keeping our players. My needling you is to get you to stop being intellectually lazy like your 'terse initial reply' which you keep trying to redefine. Nothing more and nothing less.
    Lol no. The OP ended with the question, 'Am I missing something here?' I said, 'Yes'. That's not a redefinition. Since we don't know what Duncan intends to sign for, we don't know that both Cory and Manu have to be renounced. But one of them almost certainly has to, because their holds are just too big, and one is gonna get offered the room exception.

Reebok
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically in the end, I am right in it does all come down to timing and order of actions. IE, we could sign Manu to the Vet minimum, but it would not qualify as the exception unless we were already at/over the cap? Thus if the plan is to sign him to the vet minimum, then we would need to renounce him, then sign him last with the exception itself.

I still do not understand why 024 and Chinook arbitrarily use the Minimum hold when we have free agents that their cap holds should count unless they have been renounced. Unless I missed some news, I do not remember seeing anyone being renounced as of yet. Sure, I do not think some were given the qualifying offers that were allowed to be, Baynes I believe falls in this category and that may be the equivalent of renouncing him.

Part of my misunderstanding was in the cap holds for both Kawhi and Cory were wrong that I pulled, which with the new Kawhi cap hold, it does mean at least one of CJ or Manu would have to be renounced and the other would have to take significantly lower salary.

Thanks to all that helped me understand more and specifically Chinook, 024, and jhfenton as they helped me the most.

Thread Information