Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Been saying it since the rumours were out there - I don't like LaMarcus' style or how he plays, and I think he's currently the leader of star players who don't get it done when it counts (the postseason).

I guess you can't turn down a marque star wanting to play for you though - and the Spurs needed to sign someone for when Duncan retires.
    You just quoted a resident troll.

I'm serious though.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a lot of trolling on the forum, just take things depending on who posts them. Basically anybody who dares take a significant offensive role in the starting unit is subject to attack from a certain Kawhi-fan-crew. lol I feel sorry for Kawhi, because with their trolling these guys just generate negative attention for their favorite player.

I also thought Aldridge was quite humble. He wasn't dominating the ball, except for a few minutes where Messina went to him in a few consecutive possessions, and it was by design. He just didn't make shots. He tried to set others up, there were a few miscues with Danny and Kawhi. A TO he had was that he intended to pass to Kawhi and as they made eye contact, Kawhi cut hard to the basket. Aldridge didn't know Kawhi was going to do that upon their making eye contact, and he threw away the ball to the spot where Kawhi had been. Another fumbled pass was him getting double-teamed and passing to Danny on the move. It was a bad pass, kind of wild, since LMA was off balance, but Danny also didn't expect it at all, and almost turned it over, having to end up forcing up a shot. LMA took only 10 shots but didn't feel overlooked and had 8 points, yet was concerned with fitting in. Those are good signs to me.

One other thing, I noticed him cheering the bench unit, specially Boban. Didn't seem like an egotistical guy to me, when despite his bad playing night he was cheering teammates who were still playing.
    The fact that you ignored the parkertrolls lends the fact that you are biased. Don't let me call you out a third time.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I count like 20 parkertrolls, but I guess you don't mind them. I wonder why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs are lucky to have a coach who is reticent , an all time great who never speaks, and a new star with some autism spectrum thing.

They interpret introvertedness as a basketball skill. So when a player with ordinary people skills comes along they freak out. Of course lma sounds like a women. Most of you posters freak out with women too.

Let the man play. His record suggests he's gonna work fine. His words are just words. Yes lma could be a baby, yes Parker is a , but as basketball players they had their role to play and that's all we should care about.
    This post has so much wins in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um, did anyone in this thread actually read the article???

Aldridge is talking about how he's trying so hard to make the extra pass that he's now being told in practice to be MORE selfish and aggressive. He's not being a primadonna at all.

I have my share of concerns with LMA, but it sounds like the biggest issue right now isn't his willingness to be a passer or team player... it's that he doesn't yet understand what a "good shot" looks like in the context of the Spurs system. So he's over-passing even when the "right" shot is there for him, because he doesn't want to be a ball-stopper.
    There is a lot of trolling on the forum, just take things depending on who posts them. Basically anybody who dares take a significant offensive role in the starting unit is subject to attack from a certain Kawhi-fan-crew. lol I feel sorry for Kawhi, because with their trolling these guys just generate negative attention for their favorite player.

I also thought Aldridge was quite humble. He wasn't dominating the ball, except for a few minutes where Messina went to him in a few consecutive possessions, and it was by design. He just didn't make shots. He tried to set others up, there were a few miscues with Danny and Kawhi. A TO he had was that he intended to pass to Kawhi and as they made eye contact, Kawhi cut hard to the basket. Aldridge didn't know Kawhi was going to do that upon their making eye contact, and he threw away the ball to the spot where Kawhi had been. Another fumbled pass was him getting double-teamed and passing to Danny on the move. It was a bad pass, kind of wild, since LMA was off balance, but Danny also didn't expect it at all, and almost turned it over, having to end up forcing up a shot. LMA took only 10 shots but didn't feel overlooked and had 8 points, yet was concerned with fitting in. Those are good signs to me.

One other thing, I noticed him cheering the bench unit, specially Boban. Didn't seem like an egotistical guy to me, when despite his bad playing night he was cheering teammates who were still playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't tell if people or trolling or what...

Dude didn't complain about He admitted he just wasn't making shots, and said that he didn't think teammates were overlooking him. Also got pointed out that he's almost been too selfless so far, and that others (Pop and Green) have said he needs to be more selfish and just play how he usually would. He's already been trying to adjust to the team by making extra passes that he might not have made in Portland, so much so that it's almost to a fault.

Having a hard time seeing how anyone could seriously get a "diva" vibe from the quotes in this article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only the ing gots around here would make such a big deal about the first game of PRESEASON!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, Green said, Aldridge may need to work on being more selfish.

"Be aggressive, especially for LaMarcus," said Green, who has been with the Spurs since 2010 and signed a four-year, $45 million deal to return in July. "He’s used to making his moves. He knows where guys are when he was in Portland, and now he’s still getting used to where the double-team is coming from and where guys are going to be at for his outlets. He’s not used to that yet.

"(Aldridge and West) are trying to adjust, but they’re adjusting very unselfishly. From my perspective, I think they should be more aggressive, and make us adjust around them. I tell them, 'Be aggressive, go make your move, and we’ll adjust to you guys’ games.' But that’s just them."
    lol re krew can't even read the article

lol DG hoping LMA will keep the ball out of Kawhi's hands...he saw what happened last year when Kawhi was supposed to be the man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is (and always has been) a mid-range turn around jumpshooter, not a bigtime post presence.

You knew this, right?

More importantly, Pop knew it. He likely has a plan in mind.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol re krew can't even read the article

lol DG hoping LMA will keep the ball out of Kawhi's hands...he saw what happened last year when Kawhi was supposed to be the man.
    Good post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhis never even been given the opportunity to be the man, Pops always got him on a leash.

Except that Game 3 in the Playoffs last season, Pop FINALLY let him go, he scored 32 points off 13-18, 3 steals, 2 blocks, Spurs win by 27 points.

Then Pop leashed him again.

Kawhi MJ Leonard, the Legend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhis never even been given the opportunity to be the man, Pops always got him on a leash.

Except that Game 3 in the Playoffs last season, Pop FINALLY let him go, he scored 32 points off 13-18, 3 steals, 2 blocks, Spurs win by 27 points.

Then Pop leashed him again.

Kawhi MJ Leonard, the Legend
    Ehhhhhhhhh I forgot they won game 3 by 27 points and were up 2-1, thanks for reminding me. They go on the next game at home to lose when they could have been up 3-1. They blew two games at home, how the F do you do that? Sucks thinking about that still.

I agree on unleashing him though, monitoring his mins at this age is ridiculous IMO.

Your a little ahead of yourself on that last part though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at trolls here trying to ruffle feathers by not reading the article and just pulling stuff out of their asses just to get a reaction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect this from 20 year old..but a 30 year old?

The two times he was interviewed about his role, he talks about touches .

SMDH.

Thread Information