Page 33 of 151 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never found Parker being a likable person off the court. He had and still has a huge ego. This ego has certainly helped him to have the kind of playing career he had but it isn't a quality in everyday life.
    I don’t know where you’re getting all these. Tony is loyal to the Spurs and more so to the French legacy. I doubt Tony will do or show anything that could be viewed otherwise.

"I know he wanted to go to San Antonio, and so it feels like it was destiny, with the French connection we built over the years," Parker told The Associated Press on Friday. "And he is going to keep the legacy going. It’s pretty cool."

"He is unique," Parker said. "His set of skills is unique. You know, we never saw a guy, a 7-5 (player), shooting like that, and having the dribbling skills that he has, and the way that he plays the game, it is just different. I can’t wait to see him play with the Spurs."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think that after Vic bolted last summer that they would have taken pains to reassure Risacher and his family that he would be the featured player next year. Definitely dropped the ball there. If France is going to start popping out top of the draft guys, ASVEL really needs to adapt their business model to feature them.
    what kind of model is it to hope for a potential future NBA top pick to generate income and attention ? it seems more than hazardous. how to build a perennial successful model this way ? having a projected NBA top pick is more an opportunity than a model for a french team.

The biggest problem about Victor departure from Asvel isn't that he left. Well, you can understand that the interests of a young prospect searching playing time and a french top team being in winning now mode aren't the same.

what makes this departure look bad, outside of the attention that Victor generated, is that he was the best player of the french league (and best young and best defensor). that he played a lot, all the games actually. and that his team, which was average at best the year before, reached the finals after eliminating the Asvel (which, in addition, really sucked in the euroleague).

so, retrospectively, there was no sportive reason not to find a big place for Victor in the Asvel team. and that makes his departure look even worse for Parker's team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think that after Vic bolted last summer that they would have taken pains to reassure Risacher and his family that he would be the featured player next year.
    Parker said in April that Risacher would be a key part of their team and that they will go to Las Vegas to showcase him against G League Ignite team but he left.

The issue is that ASVEL coach is still Parker's brother. When you're 18 years old, you need a good coach/technician to help you get better. It isn't about playing time, it is about having a coach that will teach you basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is everything canceled for his team now that Risacher has choosen to go to another team ?
    I've no idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grandpa is still sucking off Kobme.

Please do NOT besmirch Victors name by lumping that stain Kobme in.
    As is Kobme was anywhere near the talent of Victor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what kind of model is it to hope for a potential future NBA top pick to generate income and attention ? it seems more than hazardous. how to build a perennial successful model this way ? having a projected NBA top pick is more an opportunity than a model for a french team.

The biggest problem about Victor departure from Asvel isn't that he left. Well, you can understand that the interests of a young prospect searching playing time and a french top team being in winning now mode aren't the same.

what makes this departure look bad, outside of the attention that Victor generated, is that he was the best player of the french league (and best young and best defensor). that he played a lot, all the games actually. and that his team, which was average at best the year before, reached the finals after eliminating the Asvel (which, in addition, really sucked in the euroleague).

so, retrospectively, there was no sportive reason not to find a big place for Victor in the Asvel team. and that makes his departure look even worse for Parker's team.
    Didn’t Mets go from 24-10 to 23-11 after Wembys arrival?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He means Kobe Bufkin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He means Kobe Bufkin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I guess that was what I meant by a new business model. For the second summer in a row, a presumed high NBA draft pick left ASVEL because they didn't see it as a developmental environment. If ASVEL keeps doing the same thing with highly regarded young players, the exodus will continue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ 'great lateral movement. He can move sideways on the pic n roll D. Will be an asset on those plays, not a liability.'

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he better not be Kobe, cause he'd be dead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Pop is classy and all, but I wish he’d just go and tell Skip to eat a bag of s. He’s so annoying with his takes. I get he needs to give people something to talk about, but doing so at the expense of one of the league’s classiest individuals? SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, pop probably has no idea who the skip bayless even is

Are you not entertained? Davidicus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He asked us how you can get enough sleep on the road, most 19yos are asking whats the best club in Philly or NY."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wemby Effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never found Parker being a likable person off the court. He had and still has a huge ego. This ego has certainly helped him to have the kind of playing career he had but it isn't a quality in everyday life.
    My nephew used to be in the same day care as one of his kids. He reported my sister for asking him if he was Tony Parker or played for the Spurs before as my sister could give a less about the Spurs .

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He asked us how you can get enough sleep on the road, most 19yos are asking whats the best club in Philly or NY."
    Man now I wanna know which youngbuck asked Elliot for club advice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great interview with Sean. Wemby really is in the right place. Imagine how different it would’ve been for him in Charlotte or Portland. Or even Houston. He’s lucky to be a Spur and we’re lucky to have him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really cool video. Sean Elliott is a treasure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Christmas game is back on the menu, boys!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information