Page 34 of 363 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ultimately and unlike 2000, there just isn't any legal challenge that's going to work. Doesn't look like reputable firms want to be associated with historically sore losers. I think the only opening we have in GA is due to the GOP candidates' decision to die on vote fraud hill.
    Yeah I don't think anything was going to work, all I'm saying is that their best shot was an immediate lawsuit on election night to either (i) stop absentee votes in MI/WI/PA from being counted or (more realistic) (ii) implement draconian bureaucracy around how absentee votes would be counted (i.e., signature matching rules that gave a Trump campaign rep the opportunity to review and object to signatures on all ballots).

Waiting until enough absentee votes were counted to give Biden a lead in the rust belt states to start challenging them was even dumber than what I expected Trump to do, getting a judge to stop a vote from being counted or to make it harder for a vote to be counted is 10x easier than getting a judge to toss a vote that was already counted.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't think anything was going to work, all I'm saying is that their best shot was an immediate lawsuit on election night to either (i) stop absentee votes in MI/WI/PA from being counted or (more realistic) (ii) implement draconian bureaucracy around how absentee votes would be counted (i.e., signature matching rules that gave a Trump campaign rep the opportunity to review and object to signatures on all ballots).

Waiting until enough absentee votes were counted to give Biden a lead in the rust belt states to start challenging them was even dumber than what I expected Trump to do, getting a judge to stop a vote from being counted or to make it harder for a vote to be counted is 10x easier than getting a judge to toss a vote that was already counted.
    Fortunately I don't think most Republicans were ready to take that kind of legal/extralegal action. Give it a few more cycles and we'll be there.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Fortunately I don't think most Republicans were ready to take that kind of legal/extralegal action. Give it a few more cycles and we'll be there.
    Yeah that's the scary part. Trump being an asshole is the only reason they weren't willing to take that step. 4 years from now they will be willing to for Josh Hawley or Tom Cotton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's the scary part. Trump being an asshole is the only reason they weren't willing to take that step. 4 years from now they will be willing to for Josh Hawley or Tom Cotton.
    Rumors are that Trump will announce he's going to run again in 2024 as soon as states begin to certify Biden's victories in all these states.

Trump is the republican party's Hillary. The most hated man in American who actually lost in humiliating fashion wants to run again. I welcome that.

But Trump will be lucky to not have at least 5 active criminal investigations from New york alone. Dems will be wise to hammer on this point home even harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I find the rube meltdown so morbidly funny. Trump's going to die in a couple years anyway, but his worshipers are going to get the authoritarian government they want just as soon as a younger, smarter cult leader casts his spell on the likes of derp, Qhris and TSAnon. They're really to kill and die for this guy and they don't even know who it is yet.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That's why I find the rube meltdown so morbidly funny. Trump's going to die in a couple years anyway, but his worshipers are going to get the authoritarian government they want just as soon as a younger, smarter cult leader casts his spell on the likes of derp, Qhris and TSAnon. They're really to kill and die for this guy and they don't even know who it is yet.
    I'm not totally convinced (yet) that Trumpism is going to play as well without Trump. Hawley has the best shot at pulling it off imo, but him getting through what'll be a crowded GOP primary without having to create any distance between himself and Trump will be like threading the needle. What's going to happen during a primary debate when Larry Hogan or Charlie Baker challenge Hawley/Cotton to denounce QAnon or to admit COVID-19 wasn't a hoax?

I forget who made it but I liked the analogy of "imagine Trump only with more eloquence and charisma!" is the equivalent of "imagine of Steph Curry was 6'11"!" point being if Trump was well-spoken, smart, calm and charismatic, then he wouldn't be Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpian retort. Or sorry, did you want credit for that lackluster schtick?
    You're making it a fact with each and every post. Clearly you care enough. Nothing wrong with that, tbh.

That someone who wants to claim this election wasn't rigged wants to educate us on rigged Russian elections.

That's shilling. I'm currently more interested in that load of white wash, tbh. I care about my own republic first and foremost.
    So if something doesn't go towards confirming your absurd bias, then it's automatically bad?. That says a whole lot more about you than anybody else.

You don't care one bit about the republic. You only care about the cult/your team winning (talk about shilling), no mater how damaging this is to the republic you claim to love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not totally convinced (yet) that Trumpism is going to play as well without Trump. Hawley has the best shot at pulling it off imo, but him getting through what'll be a crowded GOP primary without having to create any distance between himself and Trump will be like threading the needle. What's going to happen during a primary debate when Larry Hogan or Charlie Baker challenge Hawley/Cotton to denounce QAnon or to admit COVID-19 wasn't a hoax?

I forget who made it but I liked the analogy of "imagine Trump only with more eloquence and charisma!" is the equivalent of "imagine of Steph Curry was 6'11"!" point being if Trump was well-spoken, smart, calm and charismatic, then he wouldn't be Trump.
    Well 50 million Republicans think they lost due to MASSIVE VOTE FRAUD. I'm ready to call it derpism rather than Trumpism at this point. The whole conspiracy mindset isn't going away with Trump. He'll be a sainted martyr, but all anyone else has to do to be a populist is tacitly endorse internet rumors and rail against establishment ins utions and norms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's probably part of it but I'd like to think he could have coordinated with the RNC. Good lawyers are also not THAT expensive in the grand scheme of things when your campaign has raised hundreds of millions. His campaign could have just set $25 - $50 million aside rather than use it to pay Brad Parscale's "consulting firm" and that would have lasted for a while.

He probably assumed that he could hire good lawyers on the fly and then didn't have the money for the massive retainer they demanded. No credible law firm would be willing to do work for the Trump campaign without a huge chunk legal fees being funded up front, especially since the major firms have offices in NYC where everyone knows Trump's history of grifting service providers.

His supporters are stupid so they'll never acknowledge it, but the establishment wing of the GOP screwed Trump here. When GWB needed help in 2000, the RNC/Fedsoc deployed an army of conservative lawyers to Florida who were willing to literally stage a riot to prevent votes in Miami-Dade from being counted. This time around the right wing establishment has basically said "We'll stay quiet and delay recognizing Biden as president-elect, but beyond that you're on your own."
    No good lawyer is going to put their license on the line to lie for this guy. It's a career ender. This is what you're seeing now with this big law firms steering clear after presenting the initial demand, and leaving it to the local schmuck lawyer to bear the burden.

Especially since it's not just one isolated case, but a barrage of high-profile lawsuits. Even if they had a lot of money (and I don't know they did), this was absolutely an uphill battle from the start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see that trump can only attract those that are very, very, very, very, far from being a “well-practiced lawyer,” like derp.

Ultimately and unlike 2000, there just isn't any legal challenge that's going to work. Doesn't look like reputable firms want to be associated with historically sore losers. I think the only opening we have in GA is due to the GOP candidates' decision to die on vote fraud hill.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, votes in Milwaukee County and Wayne County coming in and being lopsided for Biden was so unpredictable
    No. But coming in at 90 percent is another thing all together. Cleveland was 51 percent.
    Who knew street thugs were committed to being such great citizens!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its the nature of the authoritarian mindset, always on the search for a grand boot to lick

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://newspunch.com/federal-electi...-illegitimate/

Federal Election Commission Chairman Drops Bombs : ‘This Election Is Illegitimate’
    Tick Tock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily, states run elections, another derpian fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The asslicker Trump put in that position is saying what he told him to say?

It's cute that you guys think any of what you're posting is going to change anything. Sorry but Biden president not Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should really pay more attention to all the legal battles that Trump is losing left and right because that's what actually matters dumbass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is even more revealing is the continued blatant lies by the administration and its complete disregard of the efforts made by public servants who protected the vote.

"A group of national, state and private election officials said in a joint statement Thursday that there is no evidence of any voting system being compromised in the 2020 election despite President Donald Trump's deluge of election fraud conspiracies.

"The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result," the Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council and the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees said."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/polit...ies/index.html

Luckily, states run elections, another derpian fail.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You should really pay more attention to all the legal battles that Trump is losing left and right because that's what actually matters dumbass
    Courts don’t decide elections, thegatewaypundit does!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sauces say the US ing Army is just seizing servers form NATO allies willy-nilly.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    No. But coming in at 90 percent is another thing all together. Cleveland was 51 percent.
    Who knew street thugs were committed to being such great citizens!
    Cuyahoga County voted 66% in favor of Biden. You’re making numbers up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp prefers to call them alternate fact numbers.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The county, not the city. But even if we say it's 60 percent, then why did 30 percent more vote in Philadelphia and Milwaukee?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are different places different?

Thread Information