Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Don't move dem goal posts now

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    To be fair, our best recievers that year were Tim Dwight and Curtis Conway.... I'd take Tate, Rice, and Harvin (when healthy) over them all day, tbh....

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    What kind of numbers did Brees put up in his first full season with LT?

Brees: 526 Attempts, 320 completions. 3,284 yards, 17 TD's, 16 INT's. 60.8% Completion percentage. (130 yards rushing and 1 TD)

LT: 1,683 Yards, 14 TD's. 79 Receptions, 489 yards, 1 TD.

Wilson: 393 Attempts, 252 Completions. 3,118 yards, 26 TD's, 10 INT's. 64.1% completion percentage. (489 yards rushing and 4 TD's)

Lynch: 1,590 yards, 11 TD's. 23 Receptions, 196 yards, 1 TD.

Now, the only reason they're really being compared is because Brees serves as a reference point for Wilson for those who think he's too small to play the game. And, Wilson picks up some things from Brees to implement into his game to SOME extent. Given the type of running game Brees had, those are very comparable numbers.
    thinking rookie stats makes the comparison valid. It's a re ed comparison made by the media to promote black QBs.

It's already been proven on this site Russell Wilson tucks it and runs over 10x as frequently as Brees does. One's a pocket passer, the other's a monkey baller

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    To be fair, our best recievers that year were Tim Dwight and Curtis Conway.... I'd take Tate, Rice, and Harvin (when healthy) over them all day, tbh....
    Harvin wasn't on our roster in 2012.

Also, LT accounted for 79 receptions, that's a lot. A lot of receivers never get 70 receptions in a season for their entire career . He has to be accounted for. He vultured yards and receptions. LT was all purpose and could play every down as you already know very well. And was certainly utilized more extensively in the passing game comparatively to Lynch. So in reality he was an integral part of your passing game that season, and should be added to that receiving core. And certainly, he makes up for what was lacked to some extent. Numbers wise, the Tate/Rice combo compared decently to the Dwight/Conway combo. (Aside from the TDs)

Dwight/Conway: 1,475 yards combined. 5 TDs

Tate/Rice: 1,436 yards combined. 14 TDs

I think Tate is better than white lighting, , but comparable in ability to some extent. Conway was good when healthy. He had two, 1,000 yards seasons before San Diego. But, comparing just those WRs, and not including LT, I'd agree with you. Tossing LT in adds another dimension tbh...

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    thinking rookie stats makes the comparison valid. It's a re ed comparison made by the media to promote black QBs.

It's already been proven on this site Russell Wilson tucks it and runs over 10x as frequently as Brees does. One's a pocket passer, the other's a monkey baller
    The only reason I put those stats in were due to the running game Brees had, that is the point. People make a big deal about Wilson and the running game. So, it was two birds with one stone LOL Clearly, Brees has a track record that Wilson doesn't have available. And Wilson, is being punished because he doesn't, and he's multi dimensional, and that's fine

I'm actually pleased Wilson can take off if needed. It gives him an added dimension that is needed with us not having a Jimmy Graham, Brandon Marshall, Megatron, A.J Green etc. New Orleans is built around Brees, where it is not the case for Wilson yet he still performs. One is a pocket passer only, and one is multi dimensional. And I don't care that the guy has ran 10xs more than Brees, it just says he's multi dimensional and doesn't have the weapons.

People act as if Wilson doesn't go about his progressions when has the time LOL

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It also says he's a monkey with limited pocket passing ability.

dismissing Sidney Rice. He was an elite WR when he had Brett Favre throwing him the ball.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    It also says he's a monkey with limited pocket passing ability.
    Name one wide out on Seattle that Wilson can throw the ball at no matter the coverage.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Name one wide out on Seattle that Wilson can throw the ball at no matter the coverage.
    Sidney Rice, proof being the monster season he had as Brett Favre's go to receiver.

Smile you sonofabitch Chief Brody's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sidney Rice, proof being the monster season he had as Brett Favre's go to receiver.
    Sidney Rice would have 10 tds and at least 1000 yds if Luck were throwing to him. TRUTH.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    You're actually serious about this. And, ignoring that Harvin was in that offense creating space LOL You guys are hilarious.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Sidney Rice would have 10 tds and at least 1000 yds if Luck were throwing to him. TRUTH.
    How many times did Luck thrown the ball last season? LOL

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You're actually serious about this. And, ignoring that Harvin was in that offense creating space LOL You guys are hilarious.
    Sidney Rice drawing Fitzgerald comparisons because of the circus catches he made in 2009 has nothing to do with Harvin.

Wilson being unable to use an elite receiver

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    How many times did Luck thrown the ball last season? LOL
    Well, he didn't have the luxury of having the 3rd leading rusher or the best scoring defense (by almost 2 ppg) at his disposal, so what's your point?

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Sidney Rice drawing Fitzgerald comparisons because of the circus catches he made in 2009 has nothing to do with Harvin.

Wilson being unable to use an elite receiver
    Larry Fitzgerald?

You guys have to be trolling me.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Well, he didn't have the luxury of having the 3rd leading rusher or the best scoring defense (by almost 2 ppg) at his disposal, so what's your point?
    It goes both ways. Russell didn't have the attempts because of the ground game, and Luck didn't have the ground game, thus more attempts. Of course the WR's numbers would be inflated due to more attempts. For you state for any other reason is intellectually dishonest, tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Larry Fitzgerald?

You guys have to be trolling me.
    Rice was getting Fitzgerald comparisons in 2009 when he had a true pocket passer at QB, I'm not making that up.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Sometimes you just don't know what you got till it's gone. It's a shame Seahawk fan is so trendy and they forget who gave them their most iconic win in franchise history--and who continues to do all the dirty work for their offense.

Shameful.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It goes both ways. Russell didn't have the attempts because of the ground game, and Luck didn't have the ground game, thus more attempts. Of course the WR's numbers would be inflated due to more attempts. For you state for any other reason is intellectually dishonest, tbh
    This holds the assumption that Wilson could've taken that Indy Yugo to the playoffs. We all know Luck would've driven that Bentley in Seattle farther.

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    Rice was getting Fitzgerald comparisons in 2009 when he had a true pocket passer at QB, I'm not making that up.
    Hey, if you truly believe that, there's nothing I can say otherwise. But it's amazing how you guys try to put this kid in the frying pan, and try to take away his credibility.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Hey, if you truly believe that, there's nothing I can say otherwise. But it's amazing how you guys try to put this kid in the frying pan, and try to take away his credibility.
    It's not a matter of belief, it's fact that Sidney Rice was drawing comparisons to Fitz during the 2009 season.

It's amazing how Wilson fans put a 1,300 yard receiver in a frying pan and try to take away his credibility.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    We wouldn't do that if you weren't so steadfast in turning a game manager into Joe Montana

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    This holds the assumption that Wilson could've taken that Indy Yugo to the playoffs. We all know Luck would've driven that Bentley in Seattle farther.
    Assumptions all around. Life is a little different without Reggie Wayne. And obviously Wilson is at a disadvantage because he has Lynch, but he has shown true pocket ability when there was no other choice but to throw the ball and lead his team. And that, is what matters.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He's at a disadvantage because he has an elite defense and a 1600 yd rusher? Man, life is tough for the black QB.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He's at a disadvantage because he has an elite defense and a 1600 yd rusher? Man, life is tough for the black QB.
    And a 1,300 yard receiver

My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    We wouldn't do that if you weren't so steadfast in turning a game manager into Joe Montana
    I never said he was Joe Montana, never once. I never said he was Drew Brees, or Elway, or any prolific passer that has come and gone, or is sill here. All I ever said is the guy deserves more respect than what he is getting. And, comparatively to a prolific passer that had a great running back in his first year at QB, he put up comparable numbers, and that is a point that should be respected.

Thread Information