Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin (and everybody else) would regularly get better quality looks with a good point guard
    Interestingly, the rest of the bottom 5 in 3PA shot quality are:

2. Luka
    3. Maxey
    4. Dinwiddie
    5. Booker

Each of these guys, themselves, should result in higher shot quality for their teams, but they themselves find themselves on this list.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs can somehow get Mikal Bridges on this roster for the veteran that would be perfect.
    Would be insanely expensive but if they can keep their 2024 pick and get Dillingham or Topic I'd be willing to part with the two shots at Cooper Flagg plus another pick and some salary fodder to get Bridges. God would he be amazing on this team as an S Tier defender and a B+ Tier scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To admit that you don’t watch other teams was my point.

Bc the team you chose is one we don’t have the roster for and won’t probably ever have. I doubt Wemby will ever be as good as Jokic on offense. The whole offensive system works bc of Jokic. His ability to find any player cutting or moving or on transition or in half court settings is unparalleled. I’d argue he’s the best passer in the game today. And Wemby will never be that. Now he has a different set of skills but the reason why Gordon even works offensively is all bc of Jokic.

Also Denver has a bonafide Robin in Murray (Kentucky guard so let’s get Dilly) who in the playoffs last year shot a ridiculous percentage from the floor last year. It was historic tbh. Murray and Porter averaged nine 3FGAs a game against the Lakers and Jokic and Porter were both at 4 and 4.5 respectively. Even Gordon was at 3.8. My point is tho we don’t have a player like Murray who can take over an offense by himself AND get others open looks as well. If you’re model for the Spurs is for Wemby to become the best passer in the NBA, average 30 point triple doubles, and dominate the paint making AD useless while having a guy in Murray average 36 a game on 40% 3pt shooting at 9 a game then yeah let’s copy that.

Currently this team has zero shooters. Maybe Vassell but let’s see how consistent he is going forward. I have hope for him. But Wemby needs to be surrounded by shooters. If you take out Sochans hot shooting start, the dude is averaging in the 20% at 3. Wemby is at 20 something percent. Collins is at 20 something percent. Tre Jones is at 21% and made zero his last 5 games. We don’t need ANOTHER non shooter when the whole team is filled with them. Idc how smart a player he is. Our starting SF needs to be able to shoot the ball. Period
    I'm sorry, but watching Wemby's ability to analyze what's going on on the fly and how he adjusts and passes even to himself at 19 and a day suggests otherwise in his first few days in the NBA.
    Dude has great passing skills with anticipation along with obvious experience issues.
    He can very much be an offensive anchor like Jokic, but I think he's more dangerous on the move in the flow with the block hub also being utilized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want PG13 on our team. I love his work ethic, his professionalism, his leadership, his ability to defer when he needs to and take over when he needs to, and he’s a very supportive dude in the locker room. He’s my dream pick up for the team.
    Would be an amazing FA signing but Balmer's opening a new arena next year and he's not going to do that with a rebuilding team. He'll pay PG13 and Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be insanely expensive but if they can keep their 2024 pick and get Dillingham or Topic I'd be willing to part with the two shots at Cooper Flagg plus another pick and some salary fodder to get Bridges. God would he be amazing on this team as an S Tier defender and a B+ Tier scorer.
    Haven't watched this dude Cooper.
    What's your Cliff Notes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't watched this dude Cooper.
    What's your Cliff Notes?
    Supposed to be the greatest defensive PF prospect in a long long time. Great size, athletic, good passer, and can shoot the three too. Can't wait to see him at Duke next year. Ordinarily you'd think three firsts for Bridges would be pipe dream cheap but if Brooklyn can get two shots at Flagg I could see them trading Bridges for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be the best American HS player since Anthony Davis. I would kill to have him on the Spurs, as he and Vic together would turn the clock back on the league to 1999. But not willing to waste another year of Victor's career for a shot at him.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3PA rate is the better way to view it . . . second column is their 3pt%.

Jokic: 17.8% - 34.2%
    Murray: 36.1% - 42%
    Gordon: 18.8% - 29.5%
    Porter Jr. : 53.7% - 39.8%
    Caldwell-Pope: 45.9% - 0 39.8%

Four legit threats, including 2.5 volume shooters and 3 "lasers".
    What's ironic here is that the Nuggets' 3PA rate as a team, 35.4%, is 26th in the league and only 0.2% ahead of #28 New Orleans. Even last year they were #21 at 36.1%.

The Spurs are #10 at 40.6% this season fwiw, while being #27 at 34.8% last season.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be the best American HS player since Anthony Davis. I would kill to have him on the Spurs, as he and Vic together would turn the clock back on the league to 1999. But not willing to waste another year of Victor's career for a shot at him.
    I agree that another year of tanking isn't worth a 14% shot at Flagg. The Spurs already struck lottery gold once.

The better hope is that the Hawks suck badly next season and get "lucky" with the ping-pong balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that another year of tanking isn't worth a 14% shot at Flagg. The Spurs already struck lottery gold once.

The better hope is that the Hawks suck badly next season and get "lucky" with the ping-pong balls.
    Nice thing is the Spurs will get a shot at Flagg in 25 and Boozer in 26 with those unprotected Atlanta picks and the swap, especially if Atlanta gets bent over on a Murray trade in the next month.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are ways to do both... i wouldn't include the Atlanta picks, but our own I'd include in the right deal...even unprotected for the right player..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are ways to do both... i wouldn't include the Atlanta picks, but our own I'd include in the right deal...even unprotected for the right player..
    Agree 100%, and hopefully the FO is thinking this way too. The only picks "off limits" for me are our pick this year, the Atlanta picks ('25, '27), and our picks in the years we have Atlanta ('26), Boston ('28) and Dallas swaps ('30).

That means, I'd have the following to play with

TOR '24
    CHI '25
    CHA '25 (don't think this is worth much)
    SA '25
    SA '27
    SA '29
    SA '31 (not sure if you can trade these yet)

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just some random thoughts after too much bourbon.

Devin Vassell takes difficult shots because it's hard for him to get separation. All the more reason to prioritize a quality point guard who can dance around and get people open looks. If a SF can do that, that's great, but we still need an initiator. The current lineup lacks that needed ability.

On offense Dunn, yes, needs to be at least not a horrible shooter. But if not a shooter, does he at least have the bbiq to make connective passes? If he can't shoot or swing the ball, then that's a hill too high to climb.

Re: TD21's theory of Spurs drafting racial profiling, I don't think BW cares for white European players, but likes black players that seem "nice", be it Canadian, small town, biracial, or simply smile well for the camera.

The team will be built through the draft and free agency, and by free agency I mean tertiary role players that get overlooked and are affordable. The FO isn't going all in on any player other than Victor. It's going to be a slow rebuild unless Pop and Brian are replaced.

I think Dejounte has solid opinions on basketball and is not a troll.

That's it. Off to drink some electrolytes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 100%, and hopefully the FO is thinking this way too. The only picks "off limits" for me are our pick this year, the Atlanta picks ('25, '27), and our picks in the years we have Atlanta ('26), Boston ('28) and Dallas swaps ('30).

That means, I'd have the following to play with

TOR '24
    CHI '25
    CHA '25 (don't think this is worth much)
    SA '25
    SA '27
    SA '29
    SA '31 (not sure if you can trade these yet)
    Agreed... I'll tell ypu where i think the Charlotte pick 'might' have a little value..... trading it in a deal with a big market team as part of a bigger deal. For them, it's just a marketing gimmick that they can sell to their casuals.... A team like the Lakers with their bandwagon fans wouldn't have a clue that there's limited value...they'd just see a 1st.... LA...NY etc, can market that...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed... I'll tell ypu where i think the Charlotte pick 'might' have a little value..... trading it in a deal with a big market team as part of a bigger deal. For them, it's just a marketing gimmick that they can sell to their casuals.... A team like the Lakers with their bandwagon fans wouldn't have a clue that there's limited value...they'd just see a 1st.... LA...NY etc, can market that...
    The best value you'll get out of that pick is to trade it back to Charlotte in a package deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interestingly, the rest of the bottom 5 in 3PA shot quality are:

2. Luka
    3. Maxey
    4. Dinwiddie
    5. Booker

Each of these guys, themselves, should result in higher shot quality for their teams, but they themselves find themselves on this list.
    The rest of the bottom 5 ARE the point guards on their respective teams who would not expect to have someone else creating looks for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best value you'll get out of that pick is to trade it back to Charlotte in a package deal.
    Miles Bridges is a SF…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposed to be the greatest defensive PF prospect in a long long time. Great size, athletic, good passer, and can shoot the three too. Can't wait to see him at Duke next year..
    Isn't the Duke conversion rate for Duke to Good NBA player like 7 failures to every 3 success?

Whether it's injury prone or just being an en led pussy?

Of course that was when chevsky was there.
    I like this new coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte would be a potential partner too, but for a different reason than a marketing gimmick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miles Bridges is a SF…
    He's also unfortunately an alleged wife beater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did we ever confirm if the league would allow lifting pick protections as part of a trade?

If so, another thing SA could do instead of trading CHA the pick back is make a player trade with lopsided return value on the exchange. Within that trade also stipulate CHA lifts protections on the top 14 protected pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, but watching Wemby's ability to analyze what's going on on the fly and how he adjusts and passes even to himself at 19 and a day suggests otherwise in his first few days in the NBA.
    Dude has great passing skills with anticipation along with obvious experience issues.
    He can very much be an offensive anchor like Jokic, but I think he's more dangerous on the move in the flow with the block hub also being utilized.
    im not saying that Wemby is a bad passer or can’t become a good passer. But it’s nothing like Jokic. He’s an anomaly on that front. I think he is the greatest passing big man (including Bird) of all time. I don’t expect Wemby to become that. He might be a very good passer for a big, but not THAT good. Realistically, I don’t see Wemby averaging 10 assists a game. But it’s not even that Jokic averages assists, it’s just the flow that he gets them at. It’s not like Westbrook or Harden assists, these are more like Stockton assists

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did we ever confirm if the league would allow lifting pick protections as part of a trade?

If so, another thing SA could do instead of trading CHA the pick back is make a player trade with lopsided return value on the exchange. Within that trade also stipulate CHA lifts protections on the top 14 protected pick
    Lopsided return? I don't think so. How about thinking up a fair trade for both teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not saying that Wemby is a bad passer or can’t become a good passer. But it’s nothing like Jokic. He’s an anomaly on that front. I think he is the greatest passing big man (including Bird) of all time. I don’t expect Wemby to become that. He might be a very good passer for a big, but not THAT good. Realistically, I don’t see Wemby averaging 10 assists a game. But it’s not even that Jokic averages assists, it’s just the flow that he gets them at. It’s not like Westbrook or Harden assists, these are more like Stockton assists
    Walton and Sabonis were amazing passers and probably the closest we have ever seen to Jokic. Too bad we never got to see Prime Sabonis in the NBA, I think he could have had the same kind of impact Jokic does.

Thread Information