Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Keldon is a permanent bench piece / traded later, then Julian is probably the biggest nothingburger (well, debatable between he and Sochan right now) in the starting line-up. If Vassell ascends as becomes a reliable night to night scorer, then all we’d need is a defensive ace a la Bruce Bowen. I’m all for Ryan Dunn in the upcoming draft or someone similar tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a starter at every position other than SG and C

we at least have capable backups at PG and SF

Cedi is has played about half of his minutes at the 4 though
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-05-2024 at 04:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree here, which is why I've been saying our pick should be used to fill this position and the TOR pick for PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree here, which is why I've been saying our pick should be used to fill this position and the TOR pick for PG.
    This is the way, I like a lot of PGs in this draft but none with presumably a top 5 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need a starter at every position other than SG and C

we at least have capable backups at PG and SF
    Man, I was totally expecting this type of post lol

it’s like we have to preface any new topic with “yeah the whole team sucks!” Like it’s good to get that out of the way before talking about the actual topic lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    champagnie's contract is pretty nice that its worth hanging onto. he's shown flashes and has good enough athletic traits for the position. he just doesnt really seem to know how to play off-ball and still have impact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long term, yes. Short-term no. The Spurs need to create a functional rotation first and a contending rotation second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long term, yes. Short-term no. The Spurs need to create a functional rotation first and a contending rotation second.
    It seems like the team would be functional if they stopped allowing the opposing team to score 20 pts in a 1-minute window.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I think they are equally important tbh. Having a legit SF would be nice, but if no one can actually run the offense we're still going to be ass regardless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially need a starting caliber SF considering Doug will likely be gone depth-wise. KJ and Champ are not enough and I feel like Cedi plays more PF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was watching UV the other night and Dunn was disrupting so much opposing offense

He seems kinda slow, lumbering and maybe hyper specialized defensively but I liked his length and defensive IQ

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still on the Risacher train

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More importantly, they need a new coach that will actually play a good 3 at the 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mugen has now been successfully added to your ignore list. You will now be returned to where you were.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still on the Risacher train
    I go back and forth from Risacher to Williams as I think Risacher is your 3 and D guy and Williams can do that but also handle the ball and he has more upside. What I like is that I think both will gel pretty fast with Wemby as both are not selfish and get there offense in the flow of the game.

This is going to be a crazy draft I think it is going to have changes week to week and we probably will not know who the top 5 will be until they are picked. I also think there might be more trades as now the draft is two days instead of one so a lot more time for trade talks to happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mugen has now been successfully added to your ignore list. You will now be returned to where you were.
    Declaring that you ignored someone is womanly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go back and forth from Risacher to Williams as I think Risacher is your 3 and D guy and Williams can do that but also handle the ball and he has more upside. What I like is that I think both will gel pretty fast with Wemby as both are not selfish and get there offense in the flow of the game.

This is going to be a crazy draft I think it is going to have changes week to week and we probably will not know who the top 5 will be until they are picked. I also think there might be more trades as now the draft is two days instead of one so a lot more time for trade talks to happen
    You talking about Cody? I haven't watched him, I'll check him out

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well said Chinook.

This is random, but what do you think about Sochan? I can’t see what long term role he can play as he just doesn’t seem very good…at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're identifying ass moves what do you call a broken record junking up threads squawking the same parrot line repeatedly

We're in here talking about SFs and I'd love to hear their take on it but instead it's shoehorning in the same cliche off topic blast

And not like I'm the fount of basketball wisdom God-tier takes myself, but I mean, dually noted, I assure you, so let's hear literally any other thoughts for a change.

I suggest others join me and refine their ST experience.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree and think they should draft one with their natural pick first (Risacher or Williams), and then address PG with TOR pick or trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You talking about Cody? I haven't watched him, I'll check him out
    I think the only reason he is not higher on most mocks is he is currently injured but he should be coming back soon as he was questionable the last game against Arizona. Another mention is that I only see 3 SF going in the top 10 of the draft and that is Risacher, Williams, and Buzelis. Of the 3 Risacher is probably the only one who could help on day 1 with his shooting and defense - Williams I think is going to take some time to put on some weight but I just like his potential slightly more - Someone is going to take Buzelis as he has high upside but until he shows he can hit the 3 ball I am just not sure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only reason he is not higher on most mocks is he is currently injured but he should be coming back soon as he was questionable the last game against Arizona. Another mention is that I only see 3 SF going in the top 10 of the draft and that is Risacher, Williams, and Buzelis. Of the 3 Risacher is probably the only one who could help on day 1 with his shooting and defense - Williams I think is going to take some time to put on some weight but I just like his potential slightly more - Someone is going to take Buzelis as he has high upside but until he shows he can hit the 3 ball I am just not sure
    Holland will also go in the Top 10, and someone is going to fall in love with the other french kid too. So more like 5 of the top 10 in my estimation. I also think Sarr and Ja'kobe go before the first PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your right CGD - If he was a legit 6'8 I might take a chance but pretty sure he is only 6'6 but man oh man is he explosive. That is another thing to consider if your team does not have a Unicorn I think you might reach more for a potential All Star then let's say a decent starting player for your team if you land in the top 7 of the draft.

I agree with you Sarr will probably go 1 but if we luck out and get the 4th pick and Sarr, Riscacher, and Williams are off the board I am probably going to take Topic over Ja'Kobe as we all ready have Vassell
    Last edited by BackHome; 01-05-2024 at 06:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well said Chinook.

This is random, but what do you think about Sochan? I can’t see what long term role he can play as he just doesn’t seem very good…at all.
    My current read is that he had a lot of work on to shore up the flashes in from last year, and the Spurs wasted a summer trying to add skills he didn't need instead. I've never been in love with Sochan's defense, but he is still a big body out there, and it's weird how ineffective he seems to be in using his size against both big and small players. I'm not as long on him as some have gotten though. Like timvp giving him and F was ridiculous and a weird overcorrection for giving him too many Bs before. He (and Champ for that matter) did a lot of good last night. But like with Keldon, I think people's opinions are lagging behind reality a bit.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My current read is that he had a lot of work on to shore up the flashes in from last year, and the Spurs wasted a summer trying to add skills he didn't need instead. I've never been in love with Sochan's defense, but he is still a big body out there, and it's weird how ineffective he seems to be in using his size against both big and small players. I'm not as long on him as some have gotten though. Like timvp giving him and F was ridiculous and a weird overcorrection for giving him too many Bs before. He (and Champ for that matter) did a lot of good last night. But like with Keldon, I think people's opinions are lagging behind reality a bit.
    I totally read that as Collins instead of Sochan. Interchangeable in this context tbh.

Thread Information