Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bills just fired their Offensive Coordinator today.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Should've fired their running back

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nah. I'd rather have three minimum guys who do that than one expensive one. Teams are just up and tackling this year rather than being stupid.
    What are you looking at, it's certainly not his production for his career. Don't tell me...he had a bad game , he sucks...that's how rookies act.

The guy is a great back his career stats prove that and he is 28 years old, so he has another couple solid seasons left.

What does this tell ya?

Scroll down.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCoLe01.htm

Nothing wrong with a 4.4 average, which he had in 2015.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    What are you looking at, it's certainly not his production for his career. Don't tell me...he had a bad game , he sucks...that's how rookies act.

The guy is a great back his career stats prove that and he is 28 years old, so he has another couple solid seasons left.

What does this tell ya?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/McCoLe01.htm
    Nah, 28 is the 30 for running-backs. Not saying he's done. But definite reason to suspect he's declining.

And I watched McCoy in Philly, so I am more familiar with him than I think you and SR21 assume. He's just not legit, at least not anymore.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Nah, 28 is the 30 for running-backs. Not saying he's done. But definite reason to suspect he's declining.

And I watched McCoy in Philly, so I am more familiar with him than I think you and SR21 assume. He's just not legit, at least not anymore.
    Wanna talk Steve Van Buren, Timmy Brown, Wilbert Montgomery, Brian Westbrook? I know Philly RB's, ok? , Tom Woodechick? Ted Dean? Duece Staley? Remember Billy Ray Barnes? How about Leroy Harris?

Shady averaged 4.4 jus last season.

In 2015 he was the number 5 RB in the AFC and his 4.4 better than the top 3 rushers.

I have no idea what you are looking at, none!

And no 28 isn't todays 30, where did ya get that silly idea?

Whatcha are doing is over reacting to a bad night vs a great front 7, and ya know it.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-16-2016 at 02:16 PM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Wanna talk Steve Van Buren, Timmy Brown, Wilbert Montgomery, Brian Westbrook? I know Philly RB's, ok? , Tom Woodechick? Ted Dean? Duece Staley? Remember Billy Ray Barnes? How about Leroy Harris?

Shady averaged 4.4 jus last season.

In 2015 he was the number 5 RB in the AFC and his 4.4 better than the top 3 rushers.

I have no idea what you are looking at, none!

And no 28 isn't todays 30, where did ya get that silly idea?

Whatcha are doing is over reacting to a bad night vs a great front 7, and ya know it.
    He was even tier versus Baltimore. He let a corner continuously take his cookie. And I was only around for the Westbrook era. Loved him. Loved the Eagles back then, since it was before I could consistently get Ravens games in Texas.

Studying the TrendNo one should be surprised that quarterbacks and running backs have highly contrasting rates of decline, but the divide in their productivity is even wider than I would have guessed. I’m not seeing the infamous 30-year-old wall that many people think running backs hit. Instead, their decline is pretty dramatic and consistent after 26.

In redraft leagues, owners pay a premium for rushers who aren’t members of a committee backfield. However, if you’re fairly new to dynasty leagues, you’ll quickly realize that you have to weigh the scarcity of featured backs against their short-lived productivity. This is why running backs have less value in leagues that carry players over from year to year.
    It’s also critical in dynasty to successfully scout rookie running backs. Capitalizing on those early years of production can really give your team a boost.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/age-of-decline-rb1/

And despite what this article says, the curve speeds up quite a bit after 28.

As far as 28 being the new 30, technically, it's the new 29.5

Anyway, there's just no point to worry about RBs aging. Just get a new one. They're so easy to find nowadays that it doesn't make sense to draft one high, or pay one or use one a ton.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Age in sports is very individualistic, , we just saw a sprinter named Kim Collins running PR's at 40. Linford Christie was a grandpa when he won the Olympic 100m. The top ranked sprinter in the world in 2015 was 33 year old Justin Gatlin. How old is Usain Bolt?

Don't get silly over a couple games early in a season. McCoy is a quality RB, one of the best in the NFL, and that should be obvious, I see no decline at all in his game and 2015 proved he still has it.

And, the running game is far more important than what rookies try to make out of it. The first thing ya do is keep your QB out of third and long, the second thing ya do is keep their offense off the field and the third thing ya do is beat down a defense. This....any RB will do.... no! And, how do ya run out the clock nursing a lead without a stud running game?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i didnt assume your familiarity or lack of familiarity. i just disagreed with your conclusion that he's "a pretty ty running back"

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Age in sports is very individualistic, , we just saw a sprinter named Kim Collins running PR's at 40. Linford Christie was a grandpa when he won the Olympic 100m. The top ranked sprinter in the world in 2015 was 33 year old Justin Gatlin. How old is Usain Bolt?

Don't get silly over a couple games early in a season. McCoy is a quality RB, one of the best in the NFL, and that should be obvious, I see no decline at all in his game and 2015 proved he still has it.

And, the running game is far more important than what rookies try to make out of it. The first thing ya do is keep your QB out of third and long, the second thing ya do is keep their offense off the field and the third thing ya do is beat down a defense. This....any RB will do.... no! And, how do ya run out the clock nursing a lead without a stud running game?
    That's why you spend on your linemen.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    So then it;s not McCoys fault he has a ty game, it's the line, right? So Adrian Peterson, Eric erson, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown were just as good as their line, right? Gale Sayers made all those amazing runs because of his line?

This is all about that line?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Shady is a pretty meh player tbh. Good on paper, but I would rather have had Matt Forte or Lynch in any of the past 10 seasons..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Shady is a pretty meh player tbh. Good on paper, but I would rather have had Matt Forte or Lynch in any of the past 10 seasons..
    In 2013?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nah, look at the Cow s... invested in their OL and RBs more than any other team has in a long time, and even though they don't get injured, look where it's gotten the team... 4–12. Because they can't get in the endzone when a passing down comes up or stop a damn soul on the other side of the ball. Dan Bailey leads the team in scoring on offense and they can't get a stop on defense. Pathetic team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    HTTR

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Football! It's on

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Go NYG, WAS and Eagles (tomorrow)

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    lol back throwing to Cole Beasley again

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Zeke is trash

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you cowboys

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bryant is an overrated pos. Get rid of that .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Swiss cheese defense

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Brady's about to get Bledsoe'd

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Nice to know Pacman Jones is still re ed. He should have batted that ball down.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Son of a

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady's about to get Bledsoe'd
    No kidding. Garoppolo is doing everything Brady does but with more mobility.

Thread Information