San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More or less what I said

Gordon wasn't in

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL when the Clippers go and sign him for nothing next summer. It's an incredible situation in the #2 market; I don't see how Paul doesn't go there when the Knicks and Lakers are out of the picture. I guess Brooklyn could be a possibility, but it's looking a lot less likely since Dallas doesn't have the capspace to lure Deron Williams anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin lost whole season with knee injury. Nevertheless they arent equal value. Basketball wise, true maybe, but not including every other aspects of NBA.
    How did Blake's knee look last year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Blake's knee look last year?
    Didnt hear any problems, but still once damaged knee never is 100%.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Griffin lost whole season with knee injury. Nevertheless they arent equal value. Basketball wise, true maybe, but not including every other aspects of NBA.
    Paul looks like he's going to be injured with some of his epic flops, so fair game tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL when the Clippers go and sign him for nothing next summer. It's an incredible situation in the #2 market; I don't see how Paul doesn't go there when the Knicks and Lakers are out of the picture. I guess Brooklyn could be a possibility, but it's looking a lot less likely since Dallas doesn't have the capspace to lure Deron Williams anymore.
    Dallas will have ample cap space to sign Deron, as both Jet and Kidd's contract expire and they will buy out Odom after this season. If anything, they are trying to get in place to sign both Williams and Howard, though it will be difficult.

Anyway, on CP3, the Hornets will not get a better deal than this. Period. If I am the Clips though, I play it cool. Not only do they have cap space in the summer, most importantly if that pick turns out to be a really good player they would be stashing talent like there's no tomorrow on that team. With Jordan, Griffin and Gordon they already have a of nucleus. Anything else would just be over the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources: Clippers were asked to part w/top five trade assets for CP3: Gordon, Minnesota pick, Kaman's expiring contract, Aminu and Bledsoe

So Yahoo was right and Gordon was not in the previous deal

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stern has a point. Sans the draft pick the remainder is just human debris.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CP3 is walking away from the Hornets, nobody is signing him unless an owner magically appears to take them.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Broussard swears up & down that Gordon was in it, but, that the Clippers will refute it till their dieing day so they don't end up getting Odom'ed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah you're right; that Barea signing is going to take the TWolves out of the ter.
    Bum,

Of course there is a chance the pick is high. Im just saying with Love, Williams, Runio, Barea and Wes Johnson there is a chance that it is a high lottery pick with a small chance at the top 3. I am not penciling in the Wolves for the playoffs.

Obviously there are benefits to having a star PG, but Clips probably arent winning a le either way.

IF i am the clips:
    1. Match Jordan's offer sheet (he and Blake are close) in the hopes it proves to Blake that he and Denadre are the future front-court.
    2. Hold on to to those 2 lottery picks in a potentially deep draft even if the clips and minny arent not one of the worst 5 there is still a chance they could get Barnes or rivers.
    3. Package Aminu and Kaman for quality depth or picks. I dont really care for either player

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol just read that the clippers are refusing to improve their offer for Paul and that the league is taking over in trade talks for the hornets lmao..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wonder if NBA will gift CP3 to somebody for the of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Minny isn't one of the worst 5 teams of the league it would be a big surprise for me....

Rubio? Lol....he's not an nba caliber player and I'm not talking watching videos.Obviously I saw him a lot in Spain.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Seems like Stern's motive is to keep CP3 in NOLA this year and then contract the Hornets after the season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol, the NBA is so ing re ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas will have ample cap space to sign Deron, as both Jet and Kidd's contract expire and they will buy out Odom after this season. If anything, they are trying to get in place to sign both Williams and Howard, though it will be difficult.

Anyway, on CP3, the Hornets will not get a better deal than this. Period. If I am the Clips though, I play it cool. Not only do they have cap space in the summer, most importantly if that pick turns out to be a really good player they would be stashing talent like there's no tomorrow on that team. With Jordan, Griffin and Gordon they already have a of nucleus. Anything else would just be over the top.
    Oh yeah... I forgot Dallas has a team option on Odom next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bum,

Of course there is a chance the pick is high. Im just saying with Love, Williams, Runio, Barea and Wes Johnson there is a chance that it is a high lottery pick with a small chance at the top 3. I am not penciling in the Wolves for the playoffs.
    With two rookies as main cogs I don't see how that's not a top 3-7 pick. They won't be Cleveland bad, but they're still going to be horrible.

Obviously there are benefits to having a star PG, but Clips probably arent winning a le either way.

IF i am the clips:
    1. Match Jordan's offer sheet (he and Blake are close) in the hopes it proves to Blake that he and Denadre are the future front-court.
    2. Hold on to to those 2 lottery picks in a potentially deep draft even if the clips and minny arent not one of the worst 5 there is still a chance they could get Barnes or rivers.
    3. Package Aminu and Kaman for quality depth or picks. I dont really care for either player
    Not this year without a bench, but a core of
    G Paul
    G Gordon
    F Butler
    F Griffin
    C Jordan
    6 Mo Williams

is something you could build a le team around in a pretty short time. I don't think their pick is going to be lotto this year though. NO is going to fall out of the playoff race and I don't think Houston is talented enough to stop the Clippers (current roster) from sliding into a lower seed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't know why stern is blocking the clippers. the clipper nation needs this. and as a result, laker fans will bandwagon to the clippers as well, making them a very profitable franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stern is just trying to prove something...it's dumb imho.
    Hornets could end up with 3 first rounders (Minny, their own and one they get for Kaman) and 2 solid talents on rookie contracts. Nobody could really offer more to a rebuilding franchize.

As for the Clippers, they've got everything in hand. They just shouldn't themselves like they usually do. Could just match Jordan's offer and trade Kaman for a first round pick and play the season. Play hard and snatch that 8th seed. Next year draft 2 more talents and offer max to Paul or Deron. There will soon be a better tv deal coming (since they're in LA and have Griffin) and they'll be able to afford 80 mil payroll. If Sterling doesn't everything up and FO does it's job there's nothing but bright future ahead for the Clippers...I'm sure Suns,Spurs,Hornets,Rockets fans would be thrilled to be in that position...

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i don't know why stern is blocking the clippers. the clipper nation needs this. and as a result, laker fans will bandwagon to the clippers as well, making them a very profitable franchise.
    You got nary room...The San Antonio Heat.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lol just read that the clippers are refusing to improve their offer for Paul and that the league is taking over in trade talks for the hornets lmao..
    I just read that too. CP3 to Clips? Not without trading E Gordon - apparently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I think that killing this deal might be smoke screening Lakers deal. They still got some time. Whole deal may go through with some picks swap, 3rd team to eat some little contract or something.

Hornets must make that deal. Minnesota pick is possible franchise player with their own pick as backup franchise player + Bledsoe, Aminu and expiring Kaman`s worth something before deadline.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stern is just trying to prove something...it's dumb imho.
    Hornets could end up with 3 first rounders (Minny, their own and one they get for Kaman) and 2 solid talents on rookie contracts. Nobody could really offer more to a rebuilding franchize.

As for the Clippers, they've got everything in hand. They just shouldn't themselves like they usually do. Could just match Jordan's offer and trade Kaman for a first round pick and play the season. Play hard and snatch that 8th seed. Next year draft 2 more talents and offer max to Paul or Deron. There will soon be a better tv deal coming (since they're in LA and have Griffin) and they'll be able to afford 80 mil payroll. If Sterling doesn't everything up and FO does it's job there's nothing but bright future ahead for the Clippers...I'm sure Suns,Spurs,Hornets,Rockets fans would be thrilled to be in that position...
    This. Plus you never know Aminu and Bledsoe may develop further and become even more valuable assets. Only person that they have to trade now, is Kaman.

Thread Information