Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That er really seemed to be in disbelief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Spurs fans' oversimplify things and then you come back with

1) Memphis is good team
    2) Spurs defense doesn't matter
    3) Memphis is resilient

Okey dokey.
    Still don't think MEM is resilient?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don't think MEM is resilient?
    Not particularly.

Resilient teams win. Do you honestly think that Memphis played 'good ball' during that comeback?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So win they come back from down 0-2 to win 4 straight, it's because it's LAC. When they come back from down 1 to win 4 straight in tightly contested games, it's because OKC is hobbled. When they get down huge and force overtime by holding the Spurs to 9 points, they didn't win so they aren't resilient. I'm beginning to suspect you don't know the meaning of the word.

It's not a knock on the Spurs to say MEM is a gritty and resilient team. Are they extremely flawed offensively? Yes. Did I pick the Spurs to win the series and say everything you said before you said it? Yes. That doesn't mean MEM sucks, or that their defense is overrated or that they aren't capable of beating the Spurs at least a few games if not in the series. They are a resilient team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this quote is prolly more applicable to game 2 tbh

spurs protected the rim well, but grizz missed some makeable shots off of offensive rebounds

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this quote is prolly more applicable to game 2 tbh

spurs protected the rim well, but grizz missed some makeable shots off of offensive rebounds
    That's part of good defense. You get teams to miss shots they normally make because you're disrupting their offensive rhythm. The opposite is true as well. With bad defense teams can hit shots you wouldn't expect them to hit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So win they come back from down 0-2 to win 4 straight, it's because it's LAC. When they come back from down 1 to win 4 straight in tightly contested games, it's because OKC is hobbled. When they get down huge and force overtime by holding the Spurs to 9 points, they didn't win so they aren't resilient. I'm beginning to suspect you don't know the meaning of the word.

It's not a knock on the Spurs to say MEM is a gritty and resilient team. Are they extremely flawed offensively? Yes. Did I pick the Spurs to win the series and say everything you said before you said it? Yes. That doesn't mean MEM sucks, or that their defense is overrated or that they aren't capable of beating the Spurs at least a few games if not in the series. They are a resilient team.
    The Grizzlies played with heart this game but last game they didn't play 48 minutes. They did better this game. If you want to congratulate them on beating those other teams, you go right ahead. Parroting their teams marketing campaign about grit, grind and struggling resilience doesn't do much for me.

I don't think Memphis sucks but I think that we should be favored in any game. We dealt with some bizarre officiating in the second half and Duncan picked up both his 4th and 5th fouls early in each of the last two quarters. We reacted very poorly to Dooling, Bayless and Pondexter on the perimeter. Neal and Bonner are not the answer to that second unit. We were unable to take advantage of it offensively either.

I will give credit to the Grizzlies on getting Bonner and Neal in pnr situations and taking advantage. I give credit to Randolph for being able to destroy Matt Bonner on the glass. I would also give credit to Tony Allen's defense on Manu in the fourth quarter. That last was impressive play even if him writhing on the floor was pitiful. Kudos to them.

Sorry, I am not overly impressed with Memphis. The dominated the glass, got a lot of perimeter offense and still lost.

Thread Information