Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Smile you sonofabitch Chief Brody's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    There's no reason the Jaguars can't make a run. Jacksonville just needs to get it together.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    now I know you have a Freeman fathead
    I'm talking about the job the defense did. I thought you would appreciate that. You'd think that they way they played that if Schiano believes Glennon is even marginally better than Freeman, they can get a W next time, especially if the Saints are resting their starters.

Anyway, you keep thinking I'm a Freeman homer. I'm not. But I am significantly less high on Glennon than you are. I especially feel that sometimes, young quarterbacks don't just NEED to start as quickly as possible, and that the hope of a new quarterback is massively overrated. Ask the Jaguars if cutting Garrard to give Gabbert time really made them a better franchise. Or the ans and Hasselbeck or even the Vikings and McNabb. Or the Browns and McCoy.

Tampa has to believe they can still make a run. I don't think they make the playoffs, but I wouldn't believe that if I were in that organization right now.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Well, considering Garrards back is ed and he hasnt played an nfl game since being cut, id say that was the right move.

Next.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This is the NFC we're talking about...tje Saints aint sitting in week 17.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    This is the NFC we're talking about...tje Saints aint sitting in week 17.
    The Falcons did last year, and the Bucs won that game.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Falcons did last year, and the Bucs won that game.
    So that means its going to happen this year, even though the NFC is stronger top to TB

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Chinook, you yourself said you don't think Freeman is the future. If he does miraculously get them into the playoffs, then that just means they'll keep him, which would hold the team back. It's a lose-lose. Better off getting the kid's feet wet. Not like the ing Bucs are going to contend with the Niners/Seahawks anyway

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    So that means its going to happen this year, even though the NFC is stronger top to TB
    It means it can. The Saints sweep Atlanta, and they may not have anything to play for. In any event, we can chalk up the NO game as a loss as much as we want, but the Bucs shouldn't have that mentality, especially about a division rival.

Chinook, you yourself said you don't think Freeman is the future. If he does miraculously get them into the playoffs, then that just means they'll keep him, which would hold the team back. It's a lose-lose. Better off getting the kid's feet wet. Not like the ing Bucs are going to contend with the Niners/Seahawks anyway
    To me, that's a poor mentality. If the team believes there's a possibility for Freeman to lead them to the playoffs, they should take it. It doesn't make sense to think that they "have" to stick with them if he has a strong finish to the year. But even if they don't like him, they can let him walk, or franchise him and either trade him or see if he can repeat it. As I said, the Bucs don't have years to waste anymore. They're in win-now mode due to their free agents.

Although none of us see Freeman on the Bucs next season, whether or not Schiano's with him.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Whatever. Its a dead year with Freeman at the helm.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    last time i mentioned Tebow to the Jags, a jags fan on this forum (i can't recall if it was you, but i don't think it was) went off on me. so i've tried my hardest to hold that thought back

Gabbert/Henne remind me Jamarcus Russell. hold the ball way too long, take too many sacks. even when actually decisive enough to pull the trigger, its woefully inaccurate. these guys never developed the anticipation needed in the pro game. they wait for the receiver to make his break, take a couple of steps until the separation is crystal clear. they'll get sacked/pressured before thats able to happen. and on top of it they get happy feet

You may be talking about me. Honestly my intent was not to blast you for suggesting the tebow thing. It's just that I'm worn thin of people wanting the Jags to give Teblow another chance because it makes too much sense. Around here it's typically the trolls and so far you seem like it was an honest question of "why not". Either way the Jags do not need to fool around with anymore wanna be QB's. They've had enough. As a fan, I'm fully aware of how ty my team is and I simply am hoping for improvement from other areas of my team and look forward to the future QB.

I agree Freeman is better than Boller, but it's funny to watch you go back to the stats argument to support your cause when you villified it earlier. You have a thing for Freeman, I get it. Game tape--and coincidentally, stats--say he's .

27 and 17 with one of the better offensive lines and running attacks. Well I am over ingwhelmed. Nobody does less with more than Josh Freeman. Give Cam Newton Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, et al. Blaine Gabbert is terrible but at least he can say the best option he's ever had is Cecil Shorts.

5 years of no progress in today's passing league tells me you're not a quality NFL starter.
    dude, it's like you're actually offended that someone would have the audacity to disagree with you and say that freeman isn't completely terrible. chill.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    dude, it's like you're actually offended that someone would have the audacity to disagree with you and say that freeman isn't completely terrible. chill.
    I'm just confused what some people are watching. I didn't realize Coach Killer still had supporters on here.

I'm just confused what some people are watching. I didn't realize Coach Killer still had supporters on here.
    why is glennon third string tbh? i hear he's "schianos guy" who he drafted. yet he can't get ahead of dan orlovsly.

so is coach re ed or is glennon not that good? gotta be one or the other imo.

careful how you answer that one, cus there's a third option where the bucs are simply a terrible franchise with terrible ownership that makes terrible decisions in general.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    why is glennon third string tbh? i hear he's "schianos guy" who he drafted. yet he can't get ahead of dan orlovsly.

so is coach re ed or is glennon not that good? gotta be one or the other imo.
    Flacco was 3rd string in 2008 before the season. That's really not surprising at all when you consider that teams who dont immediately start their rookie qb will often have a vet in between so as not to stir up controversy.
    Broncos did the same with the Orton, Quinn, Tebow situation. Yrs, Tebpw sucks, but everyone and their mother knew Quinn was getting no action. There are other examples as well, but i really dont care to look them up right now but i already gave you 2 off the top of my head.

You said Freeman would do better on another team? So if the defense is holding the opposition to 32 points in 2 games and he has a plethora of weapons at his disposal already, what situation would better fit his growing needs and consistent rookie mistakes?

Careful how you answer this one.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    freeman would be decent on a good team. not his fault the bucs are a dumpster fire that hired a re from rutgers.
    He's part of the problem.

maybe a situation where his head coach isn't such a head that he would rig a team vote out of spite

really though i don't care. the bucs are a team no matter whos at the helm. Freeman has been the starter for like 3 seasons and is already zeroing in on franchise passing records. their best player in franchise history is ing ronde barber. just a show all around.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Setting franchise passing records when your compe ion is Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnsons abbreviated TB careers isn't that exciting. I ultimately dont care either, but this team has a ton of offensive talent and I'd like to see a smarter qb in there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ...... This Romo/Garrett situation is getting tiresome.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Well, it's done now. We'll see what happens.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/97...n-mike-glennon

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This Romo/Garrett situation might be ok...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looks like Freeman is getting replaced by the rookie, Mike Gleenon. Freeman's boasting a QB rating of 59.3 so no surprise here.

EDIT -

Well, it's done now. We'll see what happens.

Chinook beat me to the news.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I wish Houston would do the same with Case Keenum.

Thread Information