Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nets lost so it's hard to defend my position tonight. but i believe in the nets.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nets lost so it's hard to defend my position tonight. but i believe in the nets.
    Honestly they are only going as far as KG and Pierce take them because Joe Johnson and Deron Williams will not lead them to any kind of playoff success, these guys lost to the short handed Bulls who were having to play their starters for 40+ minutes a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets are done. The under 55 wins for the season was one of the easiest NBA future bets ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets are done. The under 55 wins for the season was one of the easiest NBA future bets ever.
    Not even close to being done. They've been decimated by injuries. Last night alone they were playing without several rotation players Williams, Terry, Pierce. They all need to be healthy at the same time. 3 teams are above 500 in the east. Atlanta is near 500 and looking at home court advantage.

Midway through the season, if they can manage, a 13-7 or 14-6 mark could catapult in the standings and could realistically get the 3rd seed in the east and make the 2nd round with out much trouble. The east is just that bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close to being done. They've been decimated by injuries. Last night alone they were playing without several rotation players Williams, Terry, Pierce. They all need to be healthy at the same time. 3 teams are above 500 in the east. Atlanta is near 500 and looking at home court advantage.

Midway through the season, if they can manage, a 13-7 or 14-6 mark could catapult in the standings and could realistically get the 3rd seed in the east and make the 2nd round with out much trouble. The east is just that bad.
    The problem is that their key players (Garnett & Pierce) have way too many miles on them and they are at an age where they can't recover as quick so that does not bode well. I just do not see the Nets being healthy long enough to gel and take advantage of that crappy eastern conference. They could string together a good run and set themselves up for playoff position but I don't know if they can win a series, again it's not exactly the same team as last year but their PG/SG/C combo couldn't beat a virtually 6 man Chicago Bull team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the important thing is that they are the only team from the conference and perhaps the only league team that has what it takes to beat the heat..if healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green for Waiters the guy who punched Kyrie in the face

Splitter for Asik

Spurs get tougher...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Granger ? Since Indiana pretty much won't need him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be interested in Asik. Too bad the Rockets won't give him to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need an offensive big who can hit free throws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still can't believe that we couldn't at least tempt jonny when they traded Derrick Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Granger ? Since Indiana pretty much won't need him.
    $15 million is his salary

Splitter + Diaw would be the only option in that deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $15 million is his salary

Splitter + Diaw would be the only option in that deal.
    Indiana needs the expiring to re-sign Stephenson, they don't care about a softie like Splitter who couldn't even space the floor for Hibbert...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls get : Danny Green
    Celtics get : the expirings of Bonner, De Colo and Hinrich
    Spurs get : Snell, Wallace and multiple 2015 picks.

Fills a need and put the Spurs in good position to reload...

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Develop Kawhi and don't make him in a Bowen offensively. That would be the best signing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of like the idea of trading Danny Green. He probably still has trade value, and that would let Belinelli and Ginobili have more playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure guys like Patrick Patterson or even Amir might be available with TOR making moves and sending Gay to SAC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure guys like Patrick Patterson or even Amir might be available with TOR making moves and sending Gay to SAC.
    I believe Patterson and anyone involved in this trade can be moved again by the deadline in February.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there might have some trade opportunities with Raptors. Saying that, Spurs should first see what they have with Malcolm Thomas. If it works out with him, he would be such a terrific fit for Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of like the idea of trading Danny Green. He probably still has trade value, and that would let Belinelli and Ginobili have more playing time.
    The problem is defense. We are likely to face at least 2 of these team ; OKC, Portland, GSW & Houston. Green has shown be game be a great defender.

Westbrook has struggled against the Spurs in the last few meetings with Green seeing alot of time guarding him. He would also ,likely, guard Harden, Lillard, & Curry. Belinelli was a net negative player last season (His offensive rating subtracted from his defensive rating). Him starting would put way more pressure on Leonard, Splitter and Duncan to lock down their defender or lock down the paint.

Defenses also can't sag off of him. Even when he isn't scoring, he has a positive impact on offense. The best option is to keep Green and keep him starting. That or finding another 2 guard who can defend and shoot like him for $ 4 million and fits the franchises 2 year plan. That seems unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just get Amir Johnson tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amir having a big game tonight...trying to show his assets off to other teams.
    hope spurs are watching

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is defense. We are likely to face at least 2 of these team ; OKC, Portland, GSW & Houston. Green has shown be game be a great defender.

Westbrook has struggled against the Spurs in the last few meetings with Green seeing alot of time guarding him. He would also ,likely, guard Harden, Lillard, & Curry. Belinelli was a net negative player last season (His offensive rating subtracted from his defensive rating). Him starting would put way more pressure on Leonard, Splitter and Duncan to lock down their defender or lock down the paint.

Defenses also can't sag off of him. Even when he isn't scoring, he has a positive impact on offense. The best option is to keep Green and keep him starting. That or finding another 2 guard who can defend and shoot like him for $ 4 million and fits the franchises 2 year plan. That seems unlikely.
    The goods.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we have something raptors really want, dont think they will give Amir up after this performance unless they think Patterson can match it.

Thread Information