Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will be better than the Rockets with Kawhi and Tony back. Stronger stars, better coach, deeper bench.
    +

Spurs are a better team than both Thunder & Rockets! Rockets are a regular season show, CP3 will not change that for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will be better than the Rockets with Kawhi and Tony back. Stronger stars, better coach, deeper bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have doubts about him when Kawhi comes back ... Kawhi is a much more efficient scorer, so taking touches away from him to continue to accomodate LMA will not lead to success.
    We can only hope ...
    Thats true, I could see him going back to his pouting ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, Kawhi is much better than CP3, the Thunder is full of choking gots.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have doubts about him when Kawhi comes back ... Kawhi is a much more efficient scorer, so taking touches away from him to continue to accomodate LMA will not lead to success.
    We can only hope ...
    Kawhi has an overuse disease. He'll need a lighter load to ensure he has a long productive career. The thing about Kawhi is that he is an efficient one on one scorer. He's still not great passing out the double team. He's been improving out the pnr but imo LMA would be best suited as a workhorse threat, taking a bulk of the possessions through quarters 1-3, running the offense through him, and having Leonard close. I've been saying for a long time, Kawhi doesn't need the ball to score. He can shoot threes, board, and he gets steals. It's not hard for him to get points. But to keep LMA going throughout the game and in rhythm in the fourth and lighten the load on Kawhi with him closing would be the wisest play imo.

Having the offense overly reliant on Kawhi is not good for the team. Right now there is a balance forming and we are getting great production from lots of players. Say what you want about LMA but his passing out the double team is greatly improved and he is borderline dominant in the post. He's a problem. People will argue that going through the post is not a good way to initiate the offense but it really comes down to how efficient we are at it. I'm not sure how many people will get this, but it's not the type of karate that wins fights, it's the fighter. Who uses what they have the best. Play to your strengths and limit your weaknesses.

edit: it's like people care more about Kawhi winning the MVP more than doing what's best for the team and his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just read that LMA is scoring more efficient than he ever has ... I never cared about Kawhi winning MVP ... I am fine if he is focusing more on defense than offense ... hopefully we will find out what happens „sooner rather than later“

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    edit: it's like people care more about Kawhi winning the MVP more than doing what's best for the team and his career.
    At this point, no one cares about that...Kawhi lost the award when missed more than 13 games in the season.

But if you want the Spurs to win in playoffs, LMA can't be the offensive leader. Kawhi's way better at P&Rs which was Spurs' money last season. Also, efficency matters.

If you don't believe me, just think why OKC lost the five games where Russ didn't shoot over .35%...

The best and most efficient scorer has to be the #1 option, Kawhi proved he's the most efficient scorer against elite teams, we can't say the same about LMA. Plain and simple.

I can't believe we're having this types of discussions in 2017 after last two Kawhi's seasons. Just on ST.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 11-20-2017 at 10:34 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just read that LMA is scoring more efficient than he ever has ...
    Even being more efficient than ever, if you look at the numbers, he's still less efficient than Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thunder 0-6 vs. West.
    I never thought they could play that bad...They're the worst 2nd-half team in the league.

I doubt it's an issue of chemistry, it's more a personnel problem. They won't beat any decent team with Melo at 4.

If everyone can stay healthy the rest of regular season...

1-GSW
    2-Spurs
    3-Rockets
    6/7-Thunder
    Last edited by YGWHI; 11-21-2017 at 01:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually think the Spurs would beat the Rockets in a rematch tbh; just don't think CP0 adds a new dimension to them. In fact, the additions of PJ Tucker and Luc Mbah a Moute worry me more. Much more worried about the likes of the Thunderefs, T'Pups, Guests, and Pels.
    So you are all gloom and doom about the Spurs except on the one thing you should be worried about?

Paul has always killed us and will continue to kill us.

Last season we beat Houston by shutting down the 3pt line and the paint. And we did that by giving them all the time and space in the World on the midrange zone. Give all that time and space to Paul and he will kill you one midrange jumper after another.
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-20-2017 at 11:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are all gloom and doom about the Spurs except on the one thing you should be worry about?

Paul has always killed us and will continue to kill us.

Last season we beat Houston by shutting down the 3pt line and the paint. And we did that by giving them all the time and space in the World on the midrange zone. Give all that time and space to Paul and he will kill you one midrange jumper after another.
    Good, let him fill up on midrange jumpers. Takes the ball out of Harden's hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, it wasn't CP0 that killed the Spurs but that same double screen at the top of the key play with CP0/Griffin/DeMonkey that killed the Spurs. Houston doesn't have the personnel to run it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, let him fill up on midrange jumpers. Takes the ball out of Harden's hands.
    I guess that's exactly what the Rockets need in close playoffs games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, it wasn't CP0 that killed the Spurs but that same double screen at the top of the key play with CP0/Griffin/DeMonkey that killed the Spurs.
    However, I agree with this. Pop never found an answer to solve the high-double-screen issue.

Went with injured Parker over Patty in a series where he had the hot-hand was a big mistake too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess that's exactly what the Rockets need in close playoffs games...
    I'll take CP0 shooting in close playoff games tbh, he's had a lot of success in the past afterall...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on which Harden you are talking about, tbh. RS Harden or playoffs Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take CP0 shooting in close playoff games tbh, he's had a lot of success in the past afterall...
    Against the Spurs he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on which Harden you are talking about, tbh. RS Harden or playoffs Harden.
    They're both different players in the regular season and postseason, but at this point Harden is the better player. CP0's ego won't let him accept that though so he can choke games away ala Westchimp. Realistically Houston should prolly not run any ISO at the end of games and just use what got them there if they wanna win, otherwise they'll prolly lose anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His last shot against Danny and Tim didn't look bad at all.

Anyway, the good thing is he's an injury-plagued 3 years older player...Between Harden's well-known inefficiency and this current version of CP3...I'm not worried about the Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Against the Spurs he has.
    He's also deferred to the likes of Janero Pargo against the Spurs with his season on the line. The fact is he's 1-2 against the Spurs in the playoffs, and it took having a massive matchup advantage/talent advantage to beat them the one time he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has an overuse disease. He'll need a lighter load to ensure he has a long productive career. The thing about Kawhi is that he is an efficient one on one scorer. He's still not great passing out the double team. He's been improving out the pnr but imo LMA would be best suited as a workhorse threat, taking a bulk of the possessions through quarters 1-3, running the offense through him, and having Leonard close. I've been saying for a long time, Kawhi doesn't need the ball to score. He can shoot threes, board, and he gets steals. It's not hard for him to get points. But to keep LMA going throughout the game and in rhythm in the fourth and lighten the load on Kawhi with him closing would be the wisest play imo.

Having the offense overly reliant on Kawhi is not good for the team. Right now there is a balance forming and we are getting great production from lots of players. Say what you want about LMA but his passing out the double team is greatly improved and he is borderline dominant in the post. He's a problem. People will argue that going through the post is not a good way to initiate the offense but it really comes down to how efficient we are at it. I'm not sure how many people will get this, but it's not the type of karate that wins fights, it's the fighter. Who uses what they have the best. Play to your strengths and limit your weaknesses.

You do realize thay we have been one of the worst offenses on this start of the season right?

That fact gets hidden behind the fact that we have been somewhat succesful feasting on a very weak schedule. But the offense is crap right now. We are nowhere close to contender level on that side of the floor and it mainly is because we have been lacking our best offensive player, and one of the best 3 players in the World, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also deferred to the likes of Janero Pargo against the Spurs with his season on the line. The fact is he's 1-2 against the Spurs in the playoffs, and it took having a massive matchup advantage/talent advantage to beat them the one time he did.
    Sure he had a huge talent advantage playing alongside folks that are a lottery team without him, and against the '14 defending champions.

BTW, how's that "the Spurs aren't playoffs material" prediction going?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure he had a huge talent advantage playing alongside folks that are a lottery team without him, and against the '14 defending champions.

BTW, how's that "the Spurs aren't playoffs material" prediction going?
    Injuries to other teams tbh, but their younger players (most notably Fathead and Forbes) have really impressed. Still pretty confident they'll struggle against most of the other potential WC playoff teams.

Clippers are a lottery team due to Doc Rivers and his nepotism on top of their own injury issues, and let's be real: that 2014/15 team was nowhere near what the previous year's team was capable of (on top of being injured).

Btw, what happened to that Argie reporter's claim Kiwi would be back during that homestand?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injuries to other teams tbh, but their younger players (most notably Fathead and Forbes) have really impressed. Still pretty confident they'll struggle against most of the other potential WC playoff teams.

Clippers are a lottery team due to Doc Rivers and his nepotism on top of their own injury issues, and let's be real: that 2014/15 team was nowhere near what the previous year's team was capable of (on top of being injured).

Btw, what happened to that Argie reporter's claim Kiwi would be back during that homestand?
    I don't know. I just passed along what he said. It wasn't my opinion nor something that I made up, tbh.

Thread Information