Page 538 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3843848852853453553653753853954054154254858863810381538 ... LastLast
Results 13,426 to 13,450 of 40795
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth it for the average Joe in the Covid economy. Dine in will soon be the privilege of high end restaurants and a handful of customers with deep pockets.
    called it

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If customers don't return, it doesn't matter what precautions are taken. Restaurants will close.
    Makes me think of this scene from The Sopranos after Artie Bucco's restaurant got burned down and he was saying this is the worst thing that could have happened to him, and then Chris Moltisanti says "well what if people just stopped coming?" to which Tony Soprano replied "yeah, there's no insurance for that." Now "what if people stopped coming" is the reality of this world and it's going to be for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember the waiters will need more $ due to it being a risky job

and full insurance tbqh

that is not gonna happen

more likely are automated restaurants with no waiters at tables

kinda self service

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember the waiters will need more $ due to it being a risky job

and full insurance tbqh

that is not gonna happen
    Didn't want to pay them before. If anything, a lot of these furloughed food service employees are not getting their job back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed that vent stat too. SA has been lucky so far. We would definitely not fair well with all the fat, diabetic people here.
    God could you imagine us getting one superspreader like that Korean jeebo ? Or even if we got seeded as badly as Detroit was when we're using 1/5 of our ventilators when there is very little known infection in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If customers don't return, it doesn't matter what precautions are taken. Restaurants will close.

It's hilarious you think people will wave off the possibility of getting COVID-19 at a restaurant as a mundane hazard of life like driving. No one has to go to a restaurant. Most of us have to drive.
    I am not advocating for that position, just predicting it. Social distancing is unworkable in the restaurant industry and it's not politically expedient to kill it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God could you imagine us getting one superspreader like that Korean jeebo ? Or even if we got seeded as badly as Detroit was when we're using 1/5 of our ventilators when there is very little known infection in San Antonio.
    I edited my post and mentioned this, but the model for SA says a nearly a million cases could've popped up without the social distancing measures. It would be a fat holocaust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not advocating for that position, just predicting it. Social distancing is unworkable in the restaurant industry and it's not politically expedient to kill it.
    I only expect it to survive if this virus ends up highly seasonal like flu and we get a big summer pause. Then it'll die in the fall unless we have figured out an affordable, efficient, and highly accessible treatment for COVID by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Face masks will become fashion statements and everyone will wear them. Life will go on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Face masks will become fashion statements and everyone will wear them. Life will go on.
    You can't wear them while you're eating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, definitely worth it to risk my health so I can get my temp taken, prove I'm healthy, do a song and dance to safely exchange currency to buy marked up food in an empty restaurant, just to "enjoy it", alone, around my mask.

that. Delivery or takeout is much more appealing at this point, and will be for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The restaurant sector is already moribund. Only thing that could bring it back is public confidence. Without a universal preventative for COVID-19, I don't see how you get there.

Access to capital will be another problem for restaurants. Would you lend money to a restaurant in the immediate aftermath of a global pandemic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't wear them while you're eating.
    I know. They wont. They will temp scan customers at the door. Regularly test staff. Asymptomatic will be the risk factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The restaurant sector is already moribund. Only thing that could bring it back is public confidence. Without a universal preventative for COVID-19, I don't see how you get there.

Access to capital will be another problem for restaurants. Would you lend money to a restaurant in the immediate aftermath of a global pandemic?
    Not only COVID, but the economy is going to have to recover enough for people to have disposable income. It's really hard not to see us in another great depression when our economy was already a house of cards before SARSCov2 came to our shores.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only COVID, but the economy is going to have to recover enough for people to have disposable income. It's really hard not to see us in another great depression when our economy was already a house of cards before SARSCov2 came to our shores.
    We're already in a depression. Only remains to see how bad and how long.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup.

Wingstop doesn't seem to be doing bad at all. I've never had to wait close to 2 hrs for my order before all this. Breastaurants that rellied on selling drinks and tacos de ojo will go the way of the dinosaur

Rip Hooters, ojos locos, twinpeaks, walk ons, Chili's, buffalo wings, wingdaddys, etc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We won't fully be opened until maybe late July. It's the right thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean we already see how bad, much worse than any recession already. But Trump saying we'll have a V-shaped recovery is laughable when we had an economy that was already crushing the middle and lower classes who were pretty much living paycheck to paycheck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

Wingstop doesn't seem to be doing bad at all. I've never had to wait close to 2 hrs for my order before all this.
    Are you trying to order at peak dinner hours? I imagine they only have a skeleton crew going right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

Wingstop doesn't seem to be doing bad at all. I've never had to wait close to 2 hrs for my order before all this. Breastaurants that rellied on selling drinks and tacos de ojo will go the way of the dinosaur

Rip Hooters, ojos locos, twinpeaks, walk ons, Chili's, buffalo wings, wingdaddys, etc
    I feel like that's been around a while and I am just now seeing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can enforce a degree of social distancing in a restaurant. Or have dining outside. Bars and clubs should be indefinitely shutdown. Recipe for disaster.
    Yes mr expect doctor
    Are you also claiming trump is not a doctor ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.

Places with low ingredient costs and simple preparation geared to takeout have a good chance.

I tried to order from a pizza joint in the hood when I got home on Friday around 5. There were no available pickup times before noon Saturday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Right is a death cult:

But: Our discussion of what cons utes prudent safety measures should take place in the context of the awareness that there are far worse things than death, and refusing to live for fear of death is one of them. A healthy human life is lived in recognition of the fact that we all have to die. The question is whether we will remember to teach ourselves what it means to live.

The media have gone to great lengths to make sure young people know that they too are at risk: “Look out! Don’t do things that are worthwhile! You might die!” But a brief glance at the numbers is enough to confirm that if this is the real concern, the authors of these articles have a breathtaking case of the helicopter parenting syndrome.
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/23...rus-lockdowns/

Oh, so the media shouldn't alert young people they are at risk? And actually, the media at first downplayed the risk for young people, and it backfired as young people crowded beaches and bars in light of that information only to find out they might suffer a stroke or get hit way harder by this virus than any flu they've ever had. The hospitalization for the 18-44 demo in New York is about 2.5x higher than the flu hospitalization rate across all demographics.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/#S6
    https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

What an irresponsible article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes mr expect doctor
    Are you also claiming trump is not a doctor ?
    What are we gonna do about the people who need their beer and smokes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are we gonna do about the people who need their beer and smokes?
    Valero

Thread Information