Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1749
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually...Curry's shot selection is awful......for anyone who isn't him. Curry hasn't disappointed me. He's only..makes you believe in his work. Time and time again, after being down, I thought he would eventually fold or falter like regular players.. 21-0...kept proving me wrong....Curry is a hall of famer.
    A bit premature but par for the course here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol get proven wrong, refuse to accept it, and shift goalposts

thanks for giving us your version of "this thread in a nuts "
    "Us"... lol

You wish you had some semblance of support from anyone else, perhaps someone who knew something about basketball.

Are you disagreeing with the article that states the Warriors offense was stagnant? That there wasn't any ball movement? Wait, don't you WANT that though? Don't you want Curry heaving 3s from half court or forcing the ball through 2 defenders and getting it picked off? All this ball movement, spreading of assists, that's bull . It's all about iso ball and heros, right Philo? What does some ty SI writer know? You've seen the boxscores for Christ's sake and Steph is a good kid! He's a balla!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philo, since you cannot see the in' forest for the trees, here's a summary (it's all you really need to know):

"The assists shows that there's not a lot of ball movement on that team. It's one pass and a shot, or just a shot. The reason the Spurs don't have a single player with a high number of assists per game is because they move the ball around and the assist just happens to go to the last guy who passed to the best shot option. It's not like Curry is creating opportunities for his team.

So yeah, that is chucking, to take 20 shots when you're shooting poorly and you have better options. If you look at the play by play for either game, you'll see some 30ft shot attempts, plenty around 27 feet as well. No legit team plan includes passing to a guy 30 feet from the basket for a shot. That's a chuck shot. Dude is in constant heat check." -DMC circa 2013

And then...

"Last season, the Warriors offense was often stagnant, and it frustrated Jerry West in particular. He couldn’t understand how a team blessed with shooters like Curry and Thompson, and passers like Bogut and Lee, could be last in the NBA in passes per possession.

That was Jackson’s preferred style of play, though, which resembled classic NBA basketball from the 80s and 90s – isolation and pick and roll.

Kerr’s approach has been a stark contrast.

Many first-time head coaches begin their career by mimicking a mentor. Think of Erik Spoelstra in Miami or Budenholzer in San Antonio. But Kerr has the advantage not only of multiple Hall of Fame mentors but also a respected offensive sidekick in Gentry, whom he hired last June. Together, they created what Gentry calls a “melting pot” system on offense.

Watch Warriors games and you’ll see the high-post action of Phil Jackson’s triangle offense, the drag screens and sideline tilts favored by Mike D’Antoni’s Suns (where Kerr served as GM from 2007-08 to '09-10), the low post splits from the old Jerry Sloan Utah handbook, and, most prominently, the motion offense and loop series of Popovich’s late-generation Spurs.

The result is a system in which the only sin is standing still. “Ball movement and people movement,” is how Gentry describes it. The bigs use dribble hand-offs, the shooters curve and cut in a continual churn and everyone, eventually, gets to touch the ball. To Kerr, who had the advantage of watching the Warriors up close as a broadcaster, this was the best way to utilize a roster stocked with bigs who are better-suited to passing than diving to the rim (in particular, Kerr calls Bogut “a witch with the ball.”)"
    -Sports Illustrated circa February 2015

Here are basketball pundits recognizing what I saw 2 years prior: that the Warriors did not move the ball and that although Steph was becoming an offensive threat in the NBA, it was at the expense of the rest of the team.

Now focus again on some minutiae and come back and Philo again, since you cannot boil down.

Boiled down: I'm right, you're wrong. Deal with it.
    Dude, just stop it. This post right here:

LOL... ing overrated chucker
    Will mark you forever unless you own up to it.

That wasn't a "He is an overrated chucker right now but with time and better coaching he might not be an overrated chucker anymore" comment. That was a comment that defined what you thought he was and would be all his basketball career. You know it and we all know it. You never expected him to be this good, you never expected him to be MVP, you never expected him to be arguably the greatest player on the World, you never expected him to have the historic run he is having, you never expected him to ring as the alpha of a team and you sure as didn't expected all this to happen so soon after you made this thread. He is great and he will continue to be great. He will probably end up in the top ten list of all-time greats and maybe even as the greatest PG ever. And you were wrong about him, you.

Now you are probably going to write a long ass response that nobody will read and I will get too bored to answer but know that the lack of answer won't be because you made some compelling point about you not being wrong, it's just because I won't care to answer because we all know you were wrong, even you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurraider21 putting on a show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, just stop it. This post right here:

Will mark you forever unless you own up to it.

That wasn't a "He is an overrated chucker right now but with time and better coaching he might not be an overrated chucker anymore" comment. That was a comment that defined what you thought he was and would be all his basketball career. You know it and we all know it. You never expected him to be this good, you never expected him to be MVP, you never expected him to be arguably the greatest player on the World, you never expected him to have the historic run he is having, you never expected him to ring as the alpha of a team and you sure as didn't expected all this to happen so soon after you made this thread. He is great and he will continue to be great. He will probably end up in the top ten list of all-time greats and maybe even as the greatest PG ever. And you were wrong about him, you.

Now you are probably going to write a long ass response that nobody will read and I will get too bored to answer but know that the lack of answer won't be because you made some compelling point about you not being wrong, it's just because I won't care to answer because we all know you were wrong, even you.
    This is why I call you an immigrant. You have no idea what "overrated" means.

Is Kobe Bryant overrated?

Was he always overrated?

If you can accept that a player can have a period of being overrated then you can accept that same player can be not overrated at some other moment in time.

That seems elementary. Immigrants don't get it though.

Don't argue with me, argue with the pundits, the results... immigrant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from an article about Kobe from 2010, and you could change the name to "Curry" and be just about as accurate (minus the obvious).

People love Kobe because he makes lots of ridiculous shots. But why is he taking lots of ridiculous shots? Does he have to? Don’t you usually take those when there are no passing lanes, or when the shot clock is winding down? I’m posing the question. Is it even likely that a team that has had so much success in every arena for the last two years could suddenly morph into those Allen Iverson 76ers teams? Or is it rather the particulars of this Allen Iverson’s play that’s changed his teammates into a misshapen crew—that nevertheless has still managed to take two games so far in this series.

Therein lies my point: This Warriors team is misshapen compared to what they should be or could be. Some might think this is their pinnacle, but I've seen signs from them to suggest otherwise (saw it last season tbh). However, Steph plays the important role in the imaginary "could be" team, he just doesn't rely on bail out shots to do so because he has a game plan and executes it.

DMC circa January 2014

BAM

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Green does not fit and needs to be benched

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Curry still takes a significant number of shots which are considered completely unthinkable by any other player. Pull up contested threes (which he makes with alarming efficiency). Now that I live in the Bay Area I watch every game...he's just making them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if steph is retiring this year since he wants to be kobe so much..?

and draymon green needs to be trade-mon green..they need david lee back

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great BUMP. What a ty thread DMC Go put some clothes on dammit!

Fatneck bastid!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he the best pro athlete since roided barry bonds?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is he the best pro athlete since roided barry bonds?
    No, and his shooting didn't get them past that round in the OP nor the 1st round the following season.

Your guzzling is duly noted however.

He's a prodigy shooter, flier of sorts. He's not even the best athlete on his team. Still, you cannot do anything about a guy who can hit from half court. That's some rule changing .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great BUMP. What a ty thread DMC Go put some clothes on dammit!

Fatneck bastid!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He was probably screaming "Kobeeeeeeeeeeeeee" when he attempted that 35-footer

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see..I told you steph is a chucker.. did you see him chucking that shot at the end of OT? they will never win with that.. never

geezus Im hungry

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Witnesses say DMC screamed "He's shooting too early!" before #NBA Curry's 3-point attempt in overtime.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Curry still takes a significant number of shots which are considered completely unthinkable by any other player. Pull up contested threes (which he makes with alarming efficiency). Now that I live in the Bay Area I watch every game...he's just making them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Witnesses say DMC screamed "He's shooting too early!" before #NBA Curry's 3-point attempt in overtime.
    I didn't say that. I said "better pick him up at the other end" and they didn't and he shot from 35' and that was that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fatass
    Diabetes
    Curry ting on his forehead
    Gets hungry when people say Curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fatass
    Diabetes
    Curry ting on his forehead
    Gets hungry when people say Curry
    You and your bird alts switching teams mid season.
    Deuce Bigelow
    Stat got

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You and your bird alts switching teams mid season.
    Deuce Bigelow
    Stat got
    Three strikes & out
    pseudo-intellectual
    Probably eating crisco while replying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most of his pts once again comes from 3pts

when 3/4 of ur fga is from 3s, expect some of them to come in is still greater then scoring 2s on teh same amount made

once again, okc looks like they can hang with them, just need to fix a few bone headed down the strtech

as for the sperms? lmao anyteam with pos on the team is a pos

Thread Information