Page 586 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 8648653657658258358458558658758858959059663668610861586 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,650 of 40801
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they aren’t 100% confirmed Covid 19 via a test and include probable.

“Coronavirus disease deaths are identified using the ICD–10 code U07.1. Deaths are coded to U07.1 when coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 are reported as a cause that contributed to death on the death certificate. These can include laboratory confirmed cases, as well as cases without laboratory confirmation. If the certifier suspects COVID-19 or determines it was likely (e.g., the cir stances were compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), they can report COVID-19 as “probable” or “presumed” on the death certificate (5, 6).”

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...tech_notes.htm
    Data lag from official death certificates might be the reason for the 37K count on the CDC site right now.

I know the conspiracy theorists are going to be all over this, but who really cares? Look how pneumonia deaths were pretty linear week to week and then shot up to 9800 on 4-11. For a state-by-state breakdown (scroll down), hard hit areas like New York, NJ, and many Eastern states are seeing 10 to 50 times the amount of deaths attributable to Covid vs. the flu during this time.

Not sure what further convincing "Team Reality" (Hart, Berenson, Ginn, etc) really need that this isn't the flu and if you let it run its course, it'll kill many more people than the worst flu seasons.

Note. Just saw they have Connecticut at 120 deaths. Yeah, lag. Connecticut, per their official site, has 2339 deaths. https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus

Surprised Hart didn't catch this, but I know he has an agenda, so per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ And many other states on the CDC site don't match the official count from the individual state's tracking pages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NYT doing NYT things

Admiral Giroir (April 7): ..."If there was such a problem that she knew about or he knew about on March 23rd and 24th, why did I find out about the test from them on the news media at 8 o’clock this morning?"
    Trump shield doing shield things

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Trump shield doing shield things
    Blake running to post the latest orangeman bad article without doing any research per par.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ^ And many other states on the CDC site don't match the official count from the individual state's tracking pages.
    Data lag could account for it I just found it odd and wanted to understand how the CDC has two sets of death totals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake running to post the latest orangeman bad article without doing any research per par.
    Because NYT doesn't do research like 4chan does!

"......Three out of 4 U.S. hospitals told the inspector general's office they are already treating patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, and they expect to be overwhelmed. The report did not criticize Trump administration actions.

Asked by a reporter about the survey's finding on testing, Trump responded, “It is wrong.”

So, give me the name of the inspector general?” he asked before suggesting without evidence, “Could politics be entered into that?”....

"When was she appointed?"

"They did serve in the previous admin — you mean the Obama administration?” Trump asked a reporter who pressed on with questions. “Thank you for telling me that ... there’s a typical fake news deal.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...id-19-69993325

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Data lag could account for it I just found it odd and wanted to understand how the CDC has two sets of death totals.
    Yeah, wasn't trying to call you out for using that data to appeal to conspiracy, but the "Team Reality" contingent on twitter has come to annoy me. I appreciate Hart and Ginn's work in the early days. Ginn's article was a welcome Devil's Advocate at the time when everyone was predicting 2.2 million deaths with 60 million infected (meaning Covid could potentially kill 10 million Americans) and comparing Covid to the black plague. And Hart was on point examining some of the data quirks (screen scraping bots not aligning the actual date of deaths), but they've gone "full re ," in their Devil's Advocacy now. Just because Covid isn't the Black Plague, doesn't mean it's not very serious and that the stay-at-home orders aren't justified.

They don't seem to understand R0 and the exponential consequences either way, which is odd for data guys. Reducing R0 by just .5 (like 2.5 to 2.0) is huge. The fact that many hospitals aren't overwhelmed and not every region became New York is because we've changed the virus's course through our efforts, not because the virus was "overstated." New York and New Jersey are examples of what the virus is capable of given an optimal environment.

I realize many regions don't provide that optimal environment (mass transit, weather, population density), but this virus could still turn Los Angeles or Chicago into a nightmare.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Because NYT doesn't do research like 4chan does!

"......Three out of 4 U.S. hospitals told the inspector general's office they are already treating patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, and they expect to be overwhelmed. The report did not criticize Trump administration actions.

Asked by a reporter about the survey's finding on testing, Trump responded, “It is wrong.”

So, give me the name of the inspector general?” he asked before suggesting without evidence, “Could politics be entered into that?”....

"When was she appointed?"

"They did serve in the previous admin — you mean the Obama administration?” Trump asked a reporter who pressed on with questions. “Thank you for telling me that ... there’s a typical fake news deal.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...id-19-69993325
    That has nothing to do with her never telling the Assistant Secretary of Health at the HHS and him learning it over two weeks later from the news. Not sure why you went through the trouble of even posting that.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yeah, wasn't trying to call you out for using that data to appeal to conspiracy, but the "Team Reality" contingent on twitter has come to annoy me. I appreciate Hart and Ginn's work in the early days. Ginn's article was a welcome Devil's Advocate at the time when everyone was predicting 2.2 million deaths with 60 million infected (meaning Covid could potentially kill 10 million Americans) and comparing Covid to the black plague. And Hart was on point examining some of the data quirks (screen scraping bots not aligning the actual date of deaths), but they've gone "full re ," in their Devil's Advocacy now. Just because Covid isn't the Black Plague, doesn't mean it's not very serious and that the stay-at-home orders aren't justified.

They don't seem to understand R0 and the exponential consequences either way, which is odd for data guys. Reducing R0 by just .5 (like 2.5 to 2.0) is huge. The fact that many hospitals aren't overwhelmed and not every region became New York is because we've changed the virus's course through our efforts, not because the virus was "overstated." New York and New Jersey are examples of what the virus is capable of given an optimal environment.

I realize many regions don't provide that optimal environment (mass transit, weather, population density), but this virus could still turn Los Angeles or Chicago into a nightmare.
    It’s crazy how far we’ve come since the 2.2 million death predictions. Seems to me most of “team reality” complaints now are that the reason for the lockdowns were so the hospitals weren’t overwhelmed. Not only were they not overwhelmed, not even New York, but now thousands of hospital workers are being furloughed because there are no patients. “team reality” also sees no reason for schools to be closed as study after study are showing kids not only don’t die from it they also don’t pass the virus to others. I agree with them on that point, schools should be reopened. Too many kids are losing out on education, missing meals, and being abused at home for a virus that poses little to no risk to the them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s crazy how far we’ve come since the 2.2 million death predictions. Seems to me most of “team reality” complaints now are that the reason for the lockdowns were so the hospitals weren’t overwhelmed. Not only were they not overwhelmed, not even New York, but now thousands of hospital workers are being furloughed because there are no patients. “team reality” also sees no reason for schools to be closed as study after study are showing kids not only don’t die from it they also don’t pass the virus to others. I agree with them on that point, schools should be reopened. Too many kids are losing out on education, missing meals, and being abused at home for a virus that poses little to no risk to the them.
    Well, we're not anywhere near 'done' with this virus, and the argument that some people might lose jobs because hospitals weren't overwhelmed (thanks to social distancing no less) pales in comparison to the number of deaths if they were actually overwhelmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York hospitals were overwhelmed in the city. I do think elective surgeries should be allowed again. A life is a life, so saving a life by removing a tumor before it spreads is just as important as treating a Covid case. This was a big up on the lockdown planning. Sure, open schools. Where I break with "Team Reality," is their constant emotional appeal to "30 million unemployed. Open up now!" Opening up private hospitals, schools, parks, and beaches isn't going to do that much for the economy. The service sector employs many of those out of work, and that industry, whether it's food and drink service, personal grooming service, fitness, entertainment, is gone for the next year at least. So what is opening up going to achieve here? A bar opens up, gets maybe a 3rd of his regular business, goes under in a month anyway, and the only result was an uptick in infections.

We can turn their favorite example of Sweden back around on them. Even though Sweden isn't under mandatory orders to stay home, most of them are. Many businesses there are closing.

"Many people stay at home and have stopped travelling. Many businesses are collapsing. Unemployment is expected to rise dramatically," Linde said.
    The reality is life will not get back to normal until people feel safe. Even young people will be cautious to go out, because many millennials and such still live with their parents, and they probably don't want to risk getting the virus at a bar and then coming home and giving it to their parents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, we're not anywhere near 'done' with this virus, and the argument that some people might lose jobs because hospitals weren't overwhelmed (thanks to social distancing no less) pales in comparison to the number of deaths if they were actually overwhelmed.
    I believe in the warm weather/UV light theory, and think we'll see a big reduction in transmission during the summer, but my fear is we'll get complacent thinking we've "beat the virus," and Trump will declare victory and hold some asinine 4th of July rally. Life will be inching back to normal, and then Fall hits. Trump and/or governors might be hesitant to sound the alarm since they fear people won't go for another lockdown disruption. Covid was seeded and peaked pretty late into flu season. Now imagine Covid being seeded in October and November and now coinciding with flu season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe in the warm weather/UV light theory, and think we'll see a big reduction in transmission during the summer, but my fear is we'll get complacent thinking we've "beat the virus," and Trump will declare victory and hold some asinine 4th of July rally. Life will be inching back to normal, and then Fall hits. Trump and/or governors might be hesitant to sound the alarm since they fear people won't go for another lockdown disruption. Covid was seeded and peaked pretty late into flu season. Now imagine Covid being seeded in October and November and now coinciding with flu season?
    Well, there's darwinism at work here. You can't talk your way around the virus, and it doesn't care about parties or feelings either. In a sense, it's the ultimate equalizer. And so we'll see how things work out.

Hopefully we'll have more testing in place by then, and some sort of contact tracing, at least to have people that want to be better informed, being able to do so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hot as today so people are out in full force today. I cant blame them.

I'm cooking at home. I'm definitely debating whether I should take in the day but for right now, I'm staying in. Tomorrow is supposed to be 80 degrees so yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That has nothing to do with her never telling the Assistant Secretary of Health at the HHS and him learning it over two weeks later from the news. Not sure why you went through the trouble of even posting that.
    It's just Trump doing Trump things. Goalpost moving is tsa doing tsa things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe in the warm weather/UV light theory, and think we'll see a big reduction in transmission during the summer..
    Everything I've seen says that warm weather probably has little effect on slowing the spread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Verified Twitter Roasts Report That Trump’s Campaign Has Ordered MAGA-Themed Coronavirus Masks

https://www.mediaite.com/news/verifi...navirus-masks/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Verified Twitter Roasts Report That Trump’s Campaign Has Ordered MAGA-Themed Coronavirus Masks

https://www.mediaite.com/news/verifi...navirus-masks/
    The money president.

That is, give me your money, sucker. The guy monitizes everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "City ends face-mask rule for shoppers after store employees are threatened"
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/city-ends...205822754.html

Methlahoma

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "City ends face-mask rule for shoppers after store employees are threatened"
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/city-ends...205822754.html

Methlahoma
    and the Methlahomans win with violence, bad faith beats good faith, LIES beat truth

America "civilization" of a failed state in 2021, degraded, ed up by red/slave states, Repugs, conservatives, oligarchy

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    New York hospitals were overwhelmed in the city. I do think elective surgeries should be allowed again. A life is a life, so saving a life by removing a tumor before it spreads is just as important as treating a Covid case. This was a big up on the lockdown planning. Sure, open schools. Where I break with "Team Reality," is their constant emotional appeal to "30 million unemployed. Open up now!" Opening up private hospitals, schools, parks, and beaches isn't going to do that much for the economy. The service sector employs many of those out of work, and that industry, whether it's food and drink service, personal grooming service, fitness, entertainment, is gone for the next year at least. So what is opening up going to achieve here? A bar opens up, gets maybe a 3rd of his regular business, goes under in a month anyway, and the only result was an uptick in infections.

We can turn their favorite example of Sweden back around on them. Even though Sweden isn't under mandatory orders to stay home, most of them are. Many businesses there are closing.

The reality is life will not get back to normal until people feel safe. Even young people will be cautious to go out, because many millennials and such still live with their parents, and they probably don't want to risk getting the virus at a bar and then coming home and giving it to their parents.
    I think you’re overestimating the amount of people that are too scared to get back to life as it was. This restaurant in California had to close early the first day they reopened because they ran out of food.

https://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/cafe...-state-orders/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t Forget the Other Pandemic Killing Thousands of Americans

Authorities nationwide are reporting anuptick in fatal opioid overdoses during social distancing.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/opioid...rdose-capitals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you’re overestimating the amount of people that are too scared to get back to life as it was. This restaurant in California had to close early the first day they reopened because they ran out of food.

https://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/cafe...-state-orders/
    useless anecdote from low-wage, low-income rural area

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, there's darwinism at work here. You can't talk your way around the virus, and it doesn't care about parties or feelings either. In a sense, it's the ultimate equalizer. And so we'll see how things work out.

Hopefully we'll have more testing in place by then, and some sort of contact tracing, at least to have people that want to be better informed, being able to do so.
    No but the way we react to the virus is very telling.

WE can say the old and weak need to be gone and have zero restrictions on nursing homes.
    Or WE could let it run it’s course and overwhelm hospitals and just abandon them.

It’s pretty clear our entire societal health (including the economy) does NOT function as individuals to be selected out. We have taken this Judeo-Christian idea of helping the downtrodden seriously and wove it into our culture. If Jesus could talk about Darwin I pretty sure he would use the living things that rely on societal structure as a case for survival of the individuals in that society and then go further and pronounce altruism where the helping individual puts itself at a disadvantage while saving the weak as the way to go.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    useless anecdote from low-wage, low-income rural area
    El Dorado County’s median income is comparable to San Diego

Thread Information