Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thank you..........that is what I said.

An upset is if a team throws a lucky touchdown towards the end of the game, or gets alot more turnovers and scores off of them. An upset isnt when you get your ass kicked from the start to the finish of a game by a supposedly inferior team.
    by definition, an upset is any game where the underdog wins, but I see your point. I would still call this an upset, however. The #1 team in the country lost to an unranked team with a losing record. Never a good thing for that #1 team.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    You still don't realize how much of a complete ass you are about USC.

USC didn't beat themselves. It wasn't USC not showing up. Oregon State outplayed them, out-coached them, and punched them in the mouths.

Instead of being cavalier and saying this happens all the time, just own it. USC got outplayed and they aren't the best team in the country. They aren't a top 5 team in the country.
    I think USC put themselves in a hole early by not showing up. That entire first half they looked completely lackadaisical. They got into that hole because they were napping the first half.

The second half is a different story, though. USC woke up, made their push, and Oregon State still held them off.

Oregon outplayed them when it counted, and that ultimately matters most, but that entire first half USC looked as focused as a bunch of 5 year olds. If they put forth even a minute bit of effort in the first half, the Trojans probably win. But again, in crunch time Oregon State dictated the flow of the game and kicked their ass, and they deserve credit for that.

Post Count
    big upset. i savored watching the beavers pound the trojans
    Man bites dog. Usually the trojans are meant for pounding the beavers.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    SC loses to oregon state and everyone loses their mind...(sigh)
    The thing is, JGW always has the most radical, not understandable, lop-sided sports analyzes. He has preached his radicalism, regardless of the response he gets. Deep down he knows that he is wrong. People online are not the only people who think his sports thinking is handicapped. But give him props for keeping his beliefs, not matter how mundane they might be. JGW will soon be talking about the upcoming Texas A&M women's basketball season, hoping the gain some ground. I, personally, do not argue with him anymore, because reading his words get me confused as to why a person with a college degree, and a pretty good sports intelligence, can make such ridiculous claims, knowing he is wrong.

usc, beat / a&m, the new baylor of the big 12!

and let's see what they do against Ohio State.

Sorry but as weak as the Pac-10 is, the Big 10 is weaker, and has been for some time.
    Not even close. Not this season, and most CERTAINLY not all-time. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State. I'll take that three against any 3 of any conference all-time.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Mono, the Pac 10 is a lot weaker than the Big 10 this year.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Mono, the Pac 10 is a lot weaker than the Big 10 this year.
    The Big 10 is and has been for a while. Get back to me when you know what you're talking about. That conference has sucked for ages and lives on reputation alone. Every time Wisconsin or Penn State starts off strong everyone blows their chodes and throws them in the top 10, they'll both finish the season with 3+ losses. Michigan is obviously in a down year, and Ohio State is the only solid team in the conference and we see what happens to them any time they face an elite team in another conference.

My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Not even close. Not this season, and most CERTAINLY not all-time. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State. I'll take that three against any 3 of any conference all-time.
    who the said anything about all-time? I'm talking recent history, dumbass.

Recent history shows that Michigan is up and down, Penn State has a nice 4 loss season that everyone overrates every 5 years or so, and Ohio State is the cream of the crop in the Big 10 and they constantly get faceraped by the best that any other conference has to offer.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Southern Cal is the only strong team in the Pac this year. Oregon, and ASU blow. And those are the second and third best. The Pac is down for one year, and a lot of people wanna ride us(mostly Big 10 people, who are pussy sore) but the Pac will be back next year.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hey jgw, progress just slapped you in the face! How does it feel? , at least when my Horns lose they do it against tough compe ion. Losing to Org. St. is like losing to Baylor, pathetic and unexcusable.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count
    Southern Cal is the only strong team in the Pac this year. Oregon, and ASU blow. And those are the second and third best. The Pac is down for one year, and a lot of people wanna ride us(mostly Big 10 people, who are pussy sore) but the Pac will be back next year.

Back?? You have to be IN something to get back in it.

There have been more teams from non-BCS confs in BCS Bowls (3) than 2nd P10 teams in the BCS as an at-large (2).

Only USC has multiple BCS Bowl bids - no other P10 school has more than 1.

Only twice this century have more than 2 P10 teams been ranked in the final AP poll (Az State #20 - 2004; UW #19 - 2001).

P10 only had one team in the top 20 in 1999 (Ore #19), 1998 (UCLA #8), 1995 (SC #12), 1990 (UW #5), 1989 (SC #8), 1985 (UCLA #6), 1983 (UCLA #13) and I got tired of looking.

P10 is only a better conf than the ACC or BEast in the BCS era because SC is in it. That's all, nothing more.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    The Pac-10 does appear to be down this year. However, I think Oregon is capable of beating any team in the country.

But, it was an upset that clearly showed that USC is not anywhere close to being the best team in the country. Period.
    incorrect.

The Trojans do this every year. They start believing the press clippings about how great they are, and then just expect to show up and win. You'd think they would've learned their lesson by now. Other teams aren't going to just roll over and let you win simply because you're the mighty USC Trojans.
    yep. no team is good enough not to bring it every game.

The thing is, JGW always has the most radical, not understandable, lop-sided sports analyzes. He has preached his radicalism, regardless of the response he gets. Deep down he knows that he is wrong. People online are not the only people who think his sports thinking is handicapped. But give him props for keeping his beliefs, not matter how mundane they might be. JGW will soon be talking about the upcoming Texas A&M women's basketball season, hoping the gain some ground. I, personally, do not argue with him anymore, because reading his words get me confused as to why a person with a college degree, and a pretty good sports intelligence, can make such ridiculous claims, knowing he is wrong.

usc, beat / a&m, the new baylor of the big 12!
    drinking and posting?

Losing to Org. St. is like losing to Baylor, pathetic and unexcusable.
    whoops, i had you confused with someone who actually watches college football.

1999 7-5 lost bowl game
    2000 11-1 Pac-10 champions, won bowl game, #4 final ranking
    2001 5-6
    2002 8-5 lost bowl game
    2003 8-5 won bowl game
    2004 7-5 won bowl game
    2005 5-6
    2006 10-4 won bowl game, #21 final ranking
    2007 9-4 won bowl game, #25 final ranking

thats almost a decade of very good football...and i'd say a pretty good account of their current program. they will finish in the upper portion of the Pac-10 and they will make a bowl game. they do tend to start slowly.

...baylor they are not. even though SC was on the road i thought the revenge factor and 'focus' would lead to a blowout. clearly, i was wrong. if SC runs the table, they will make it into the final 2. but, even as good as SC is...conference games are their achilles heel.

enjoy your teams win and worry about SC when michigan is fit to clean our toilets.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Actually that post was made during one of my breaks at work. If you notice, I am just few hours ahead of you (try a day).

The key word is J O B!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    JGW - Just face it. Your prophecies are as radical as Muslim clerics
    Last edited by redraiderinfiji; 09-30-2008 at 10:06 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Reading all the smack talk that's started up in the college sports forum is very refreshing. Things were getting way too stale around here and it's great to see Capt. Mike going at it with R. Mexico, everyone jumping on jgw's dumb ass/idiotic comments, Brutalis going back and forth with some dude about incest and other I can't even remember...............it all just brings out the best in college football fans.

Congrats to us, the college sports forum posters. We continue to find new levels of low as we try to 'intelligently' discuss college football.
    hmm......some may not be needed, but smack is smack. Putting idiots in their place is always necessary!

Post Count
    yep, unfortunately. i actually think that cal is pretty good. i don't think they were awake for that maryland game. i think oregon state had a disasterous day at penn state, but will improve and win a bowl game. oregon might have a chance once they get a qb, any qb, back. still that doesn't help, especially with pathetic washington state and poor washington.

The Pac-10 does appear to be down this year.
    i'm not so sure. oregon and cal are pretty damn good, imo. oregon state, arizona, and arizona state are all bowl teams.

per usual...people are overreacting. same with SC's los; plenty of season to make a final 2 ranking...just can't lose again.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The media loves SC. We all know that. The reason we hate them is because they can lose a game early, maybe even two, and somehow still sneak into that championship.

Behind SC, Ohio State and LSU seem to have that power. They are proof positive that losing in September is not that bad. When these teams (osu, sc, lsu) lose early, it brings them back to reality. SC is a little different. When USC loses, their team realizes that they are not in the NFL, yet.

Playing at SC is like prep work for the real job to come (NFL). They have so many good players. Its just ridiculous. They have a backfield so deep it makes me want to throw up with jealousy. Not only was McKnight on arrays of Heisman lists, but his backup was too (Stephan Johnson). Their defense has ballers galore! They have so many future All-Americans riding the bench as backups/underclassmen. Their qb is not too bad either.

Jealous? Yes! Because everyone knows that Tech only gets those prized recruits from time to time. Its not consistent. Yet somehow Tech finds a way to get the most out of their players. Hence, my fraternity brother at Tech - Wes Welker. Mike Leach used to tell the media that Wes Welker was the shortest and slowest player on the team. The only things Welker had was a motor with desire. He was not the most gifted athlete by any means. He just knew the game and played smart. Aggies especially hated him. Quote from an angry aggie - "Why the cant we tackle that little ". Somehow that "little " got into the Super Bowl last year (and played great).
    Last edited by redraiderinfiji; 10-02-2008 at 12:07 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    You know whats really ed up? That Cassell kid who starting in the place of Brady was career backup at USC. He never played. He was either behind Palmer or Leinhart. I dont know which. But now he is a starting qb in the nfl. NUTS!

Post Count
    You know whats really ed up? That Cassell kid who starting in the place of Brady was career backup at USC. He never played. He was either behind Palmer or Leinhart. I dont know which. But now he is a starting qb in the nfl. NUTS!
    he was palmer's backup... and then leinart's.

Thread Information