Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not, I'm all for murdering poor welfare babies.
    but you would never have a discussion about abortion rights and characterize the act as decapitating/mutilating/slaughtering babies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nono was talking about how they deal with kids, not an adult. you then said "thats not whats happening" and started talking about situations with adults

they dont put kids on puberty blockers on day 1

And standard psychological treatments for these kids is always the first step before anything invasive.
    But that's not what's happening right now. There are doctors who meet with them for an hour and prescribe them hormone treatment without any kind of extensive psychological treatment or analysis as a first step.

I could walk into the doctor, claim to be a woman and get put on hormones with basically no pushback if I wanted to.
    Graduated from college, never had any thoughts about being trans before, then a year after graduation when her life was going nowhere, she decided that her failure to launch is due to the fact she's a boy trapped in a girl's body...it took her literally one doctor's appointment to start on testosterone therapy.
    people pretend their objection is " what about the kids " when really its just about not liking trans people in general and they use the kids as a shield

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    nono was talking about how they deal with kids, not an adult. you then said "thats not whats happening" and started talking about situations with adults

they dont put kids on puberty blockers on day 1

[FONT=Verdana]

people pretend their objection is " what about the kids " when really its just about not liking trans people in general and they use the kids as a shield
    So when do they start chemically castrating the kids? Enlighten me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when do they start chemically castrating the kids? Enlighten me.
    same time they treat their prostate cancer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you really gonna pretend doctors in America jumping the gun on prescriptions without searching for alternatives first isn't a regularly occurring thing?
    When it comes to kids, there's a lot of other things surrounding them, like school counseling, which do their own referring to professionals or discuss with parents.

This is why I doubt it's the norm, but again, I wouldn't doubt there are some cases like you describe.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    same time they treat their prostate cancer
    Giving teenage boys puberty blockers fits the medical definition of what chemical castration is, like it or not.

They're being given Lupron to block the production of testosterone, that's the literal definition of chemical castration.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Fun fact - the founding father of gender ideology was a guy named John Money who experimented on twins (both of whom eventually committed suicide from the psychological trauma he inflicted on them) and had them simulate sex acts on each other.

Reminds me of a certain Nazi scientist who did deranged studies on twins...only difference is that gender activists don't try to inflate his credibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving teenage boys puberty blockers fits the medical definition of what chemical castration is, like it or not.

They're being given Lupron to block the production of testosterone, that's the literal definition of chemical castration.
    im honestly not concerned with the word used to define it. if they are generally safe for use to the point where they've done enough clinical trials to authorize it for use for people of a certain age, i'm not going to get in the way of the medical profession doing their job. as far as i'm aware, the puberty blocking effect is reversible. is there a risk for adverse effects? sure, same with any medication or treatment. but if the flipside is having somebody go through puberty in a way thats going to cause even more psychological trauma to the point of driving them closer to suicide, then perhaps thats something the medical professions should also consider

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun fact - the founding father of gender ideology was a guy named John Money who experimented on twins (both of whom eventually committed suicide from the psychological trauma he inflicted on them) and had them simulate sex acts on each other.

Reminds me of a certain Nazi scientist who did deranged studies on twins...only difference is that gender activists don't try to inflate his credibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

yes and one of the guys behind mRNA vaccine technology said that covid vaccines are bad. and an early abortion activist was also a raging racist. this is truly conserva level stuff you're bringing to the table. i think you'd enjoy some good dinesh dsouza do entaries while you're on this binge too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm heres a course of treatment/therapy which is generally shown to help people

YEAH BUT this one guy decades ago ago forced his patients to perform sexual acts on one another and traumatized them so its all bull

jesus christ... actual TDS

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    hmm heres a course of treatment/therapy which is generally shown to help people
    It's generally shown to help people because you say so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's generally shown to help people because you say so
    no, according to medical professionals in their fields of expertise

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    yes and one of the guys behind mRNA vaccine technology said that covid vaccines are bad. and an early abortion activist was also a raging racist. this is truly conserva level stuff you're bringing to the table. i think you'd enjoy some good dinesh dsouza do entaries while you're on this binge too
    One of many guys behind the technology and one of many early abortion activists...Money is the guy who wrote the playbook on gender ideology.

Just curious, what percentage of the population do you think is legitimately trans?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    no, according to medical professionals in their fields of expertise
    Sure, medical professionals making $70k/pop on every kid who gets affirmation treatment.

I miss the era when liberals were skeptical of Big Pharma's profit motive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of many guys behind the technology and one of many early abortion activists...Money is the guy who wrote the playbook on gender ideology.

Just curious, what percentage of the population do you think is legitimately trans?
    nevertheless, its a basic genetic fallacy

isaac newton believed in alchemy and literally has more written work on biblical prophecy than physics but we dont use that as justification to on entire fields of discipline based on his work in physics?

what percentage? if i know. probably very low. i can google it just as well as you

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats just... not true at all

https://fenwayhealth.org/new-study-s...idal-ideation/

"It found that transgender people who had received one or more gender-affirming surgical procedures had a 42% reduction in the odds of experiencing past-month psychological distress, a 35% reduction in the odds of past-year tobacco smoking, and a 44% reduction in the odds of past-year suicidal ideation."

but yes there was this one paper from sweden years ago that people point to even though the lead author has said that their data has been constantly misrepresented and the study explicit said it was not an attempt to measure efficacy of treatment. not to mention, that study wasnt comparing pre-op transgenders to post-op trasngenders, it was comparing post-op transgenders to cis-gendered people. nobody ever said bottom surgery completely eliminates the suicidality gap between trans and cis people.

there are two main components why transgender people have increased suicide risk. one is the internal psychological/mental distress they feel internally. the other is outside pressure/stigma. its for that reason that the #1 factor that decreases suicide risk among trans people is not surgery, but strong family support
    I went ahead and read that study and in it they conclude this

I mean based off that picture 3 out of 10 instead of 6 out of 10 still contemplate suicide, and an almost negligible difference actually attempt it
    You cannot legally prescribe any of these medicines for children unless they have FDA approval to be used in children.

And sorry, but there's nothing non-standard about using the same medicine to treat different diagnosis. Generally, companies do decide to come up with a different brand name for different uses, but that's strictly for marketing purposes.

By that logic you could prescibe a kid valium if he comes in with a headache, antibiotics to treat a anxiety, and put them in a cast to treat their ashtma. And by your definition that's not nonstandard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, medical professionals making $70k/pop on every kid who gets affirmation treatment.

I miss the era when liberals were skeptical of Big Pharma's profit motive.
    this is a big red herring

the discussion is whether the treatments are proven to work, not whether there are individual physicians that make unethical decisions.

the former is based on clinical trials, retroactive studies, etc. if a preponderance of the literature in the field said these treatments are ineffective or net harmful, i'd have a different opinion on things. just being vaguely conspiratorial doesnt do it for me, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By that logic you could prescibe a kid valium if he comes in with a headache, antibiotics to treat a anxiety, and put them in a cast to treat their ashtma. And by your definition that's not nonstandard.
    You could, but I would recommend you start sending your kid to a different doctor, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could, but I would recommend you start sending your kid to a different doctor, tbh...
    is it nonstandard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But anyways, pun aside, there's plenty of medicines with dual or more purposes, and are clinically proven to work for different diagnoses.

To mention a recent case, take GLP-1 agonists which were originally developed to treat diabetes, but now it's use is being expanded also as a weight loss drug.

Some pharma companies are simply rebranding them, but it's the same exact drug a doctor can prescribe for either condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went ahead and read that study and in it they conclude this

I mean based off that picture 3 out of 10 instead of 6 out of 10 still contemplate suicide, and an almost negligible difference actually attempt it
    right, and decreases across the board for this with gender affirming surgery. the fact that there is still a heightened suicidality compared to the cis population is not unexpected at all. specifically addressed the same in the post you replied to

weird that you say the suicide attempt difference was negligible when just looking at the chart they appear to have been more than halved from ~10% to ~3-4% (eyeballing the bar... dont see the actual figure). and just because one doesnt actually attempt suicide, having thoughts about it alone is deeply disturbing to the point where its good to be addressed

thats just... not true at all

https://fenwayhealth.org/new-study-s...idal-ideation/

"It found that transgender people who had received one or more gender-affirming surgical procedures had a 42% reduction in the odds of experiencing past-month psychological distress, a 35% reduction in the odds of past-year tobacco smoking, and a 44% reduction in the odds of past-year suicidal ideation."

but yes there was this one paper from sweden years ago that people point to even though the lead author has said that their data has been constantly misrepresented and the study explicit said it was not an attempt to measure efficacy of treatment. not to mention, that study wasnt comparing pre-op transgenders to post-op trasngenders, it was comparing post-op transgenders to cis-gendered people. nobody ever said bottom surgery completely eliminates the suicidality gap between trans and cis people.

there are two main components why transgender people have increased suicide risk. one is the internal psychological/mental distress they feel internally. the other is outside pressure/stigma. its for that reason that the #1 factor that decreases suicide risk among trans people is not surgery, but strong family support
    Last edited by spurraider21; 06-13-2022 at 04:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your examples are, because there's no medical literature that claims valium heals headaches or a cast treats asthma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your examples are, because there's no medical literature that claims valium heals headaches or a cast treats asthma.
    and no medical literature has been done to for long term effects on these drugs on healthy prepubescents, I can't find any actual trials that have measured long term effects of these drugs on healthy children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right, and decreases across the board for this with gender affirming surgery. the fact that there is still a heightened suicidality compared to the cis population is not unexpected at all. specifically addressed the same in the post you replied to

weird that you say the suicide attempt difference was negligible when just looking at the chart they appear to have been more than halved from ~10% to ~3-4% (eyeballing the bar... dont see the actual figure). and just because one doesnt actually attempt suicide, having thoughts about it alone is deeply disturbing to the point where its good to be addressed
    5% is negligible in most statistics studies, that's why i said nearly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5% is negligible in most statistics studies, that's why i said nearly
    a 5% drop would be going from 10% to 9.5%

going from 10% to 5% is a 50% reduction. far from insigificant

Thread Information