Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1749
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry already passed Kobe, IMO.

-Curry winning three championships with the Warriors is more impressive than five championships with the Lakers. The built-in advantages the Lakers have (glamour team, best market, best place to live if you're rich, best team for marketing purposes) means they should always be elite. The Warriors were the laughing stock of the NBA until Curry arrived.

-More impressive peak. Curry getting dat unanimous MVP, breaking the all-time win record and becoming virtually unguardable is more impressive than anything Kobe did, tbh.

-Kobe in his prime not being able to make the playoffs is a more embarrassing low than anything Curry has experienced.

-Better leader. Didn't drive away his Hall of Fame teammate and cause his Hall of Fame coach to hate him. Pretty much did the exact opposite: welcomed a Hall of Fame beta and turned his head coach into a Hall of Famer.

-Speaking of Durant, Kobe was arguably the original Durant in that he demanded to be traded to the Lakers even before he was drafted instead of taking the alpha road of leading the Hornets to championship success.

I don't even think it's that close, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-Curry winning three championships with the Warriors is more impressive than five championships with the Lakers. The built-in advantages the Lakers have (glamour team, best market, best place to live if you're rich, best team for marketing purposes) means they should always be elite. The Warriors were the laughing stock of the NBA until Curry arrived.

-More impressive peak. Curry getting dat unanimous MVP, breaking the all-time win record and becoming virtually unguardable is more impressive than anything Kobe did, tbh.

-Kobe in his prime not being able to make the playoffs is a more embarrassing low than anything Curry has experienced.

-Better leader. Didn't drive away his Hall of Fame teammate and cause his Hall of Fame coach to hate him. Pretty much did the exact opposite: welcomed a Hall of Fame beta and turned his head coach into a Hall of Famer.

-Speaking of Durant, Kobe was arguably the original Durant in that he demanded to be traded to the Lakers even before he was drafted instead of taking the alpha road of leading the Hornets to championship success.

Don't necessarily disagree with the take and have always despised Bryant, but to be fair . . .

- Curry hasn't won a legit championship yet. The first, they didn't play a single elite team and the one they would have, their 2nd best player played less than 1 game, while the 3rd played 0. The next two they had the widest talent gap between them and the next closest team than any team probably ever.

- The unanimous MVP was in part because it was the first year were votes had to be made public. The other part was his being probably an unparalleled media darling. To be sure, he deserved it, but so have others.

- Begging an even greater player to join what was already probably the best team in the league, is an embarrassment. They all showed an astonishing lack of compe iveness, confidence and security.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry hasn't won a legit championship yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harlem, is that you?

At least I have legit reasons, unlike you claiming a le is automatically less impressive because of the city it was won in. Great logic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really close between Bryant and Curry right now, but Curry is definitely on pace to surpass him. It doesn't even matter how good or bad he is on defense. We don't rank players by going skill-for-skill down a checklist. We compare them based on who was more dominant. Curry is more dominant than Kobe ever was.
    Except Curry isn't the best player on his own team unless Durant is out. Curry would be the best player without Durant, but they reached out to him and Curry subsequently took a backseat. In my opinion that denotes a win first mentality, not a "me" first mentality, however in the halls of greatness where pundits argue about legacy, allowing someone to usurp your alpha role for 3 years (maybe a 3peat) puts Curry as a 2nd fiddle to Durant and 2nd fiddles aren't in the top 15 all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Curry isn't the best player on his own team unless Durant is out. Curry would be the best player without Durant, but they reached out to him and Curry subsequently took a backseat. In my opinion that denotes a win first mentality, not a "me" first mentality, however in the halls of greatness where pundits argue about legacy, allowing someone to usurp your alpha role for 3 years (maybe a 3peat) puts Curry as a 2nd fiddle to Durant and 2nd fiddles aren't in the top 15 all time.
    He was the top guy in '15, and he might win FMVP next month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Warriors win it all, Curry will be only the 6th player in history to win at least 4 championships and 2 regular season MVP's (Russell, Kareem, Magic, MJ and Timmy). No he's already higher than Kobe in the all-time list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only year you could reasonably say was an exception to my PG theory is 2015, and even then Curry played like in the finals getting guarded by Dellavadva, but they were playing against a Cavs team with the 2nd and 3rd best player injured so the giant talent disparity was enough to overcome his poor play. The stars aligned for Golden State that year. No healthy OKC team to give them any kind of challenge in the West, and without Irving or Love the Cavs were maybe an even worse finals team than the 2007 Cavs were.

I’ve also never denied that there isn’t the occasional transcendent talent, team loaded with talent up and down its roster where it just so happens the PG is the most talented of the bunch, or team that is in the right place at the right time and wins in a historically weak year (in the case of the 2015 Warriors, it’s all of the above). The Warriors are perfectly constructed to prevent all of the defensive tactics that might actually stop Curry. Klaynus takes away any ability to put a bigger defender on Curry because of his size and how good he is at shooting over smaller players. The other wings Golden State has won with (Iggy, Durant, Harrison Barnes) are also all 6’6” and over which more or less forced the other team to put its PG on Curry.

Curry is also unique in that he can influence the game as a PG without needing to dominate the ball the way nearly every other elite PG does. The success of guys like Irving and Westbrook is almost inversely related to their team’s success because them having a big night means no one else was touching the ball. Curry is able to be part of an offensive scheme that emphasizes ball sharing and fluidity to get open shots.
    it's dead man. move on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the "no big deal DMC was wrong in 2013. so what. nobody saw this coming back then" ignores the fact that DMC argued about it for YEARS and YEARS and YEARS after the fact even when it was beyond clear already. Kind of the whole point of bumping it now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway came here to post this:

"The Steph Curry vs. Kevin Durant debate rages on as the Warriors are now 5-0 in these playoffs with Durant on the shelf. That mark is actually 6-0 as the Warriors were losing when Durant went out in Game 5 against the Rockets before Curry and Co. led a second-half comeback. The Warriors are now 31-1 in their last 32 games in which Curry plays and Durant doesn't, and since Durant arrived in 2016, they are 34-4 in such games.

In the four-game sweep of Portland, Curry averaged 36.5 points on 48-percent shooting including 42.6 percent from three. He has scored 33 or more in every game Durant has sat. He is back to being the primary playmaker, stretching defenses in the way only he can with the ball in his hands, and it looks like the old Warriors now with Draymond Greenand Co. taking advantage of that space and the extra ball movement to find their own rhythm."

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    it's dead man. move on
    Great counter argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great counter argument.
    Thx m8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    th I actually really like DMC at this point so it was funny rereading first 15 pages of this thread just now lol. Forgot how involved I was in this thing at the beginning

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Curry passed Kobe on draft day 2009, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bbbbut Mamba Mentality...he was a killer

In all seriousness, it's closer than anyone in Al-Kobe will admit to. They were both 1bs on multiple le teams, and Steph's like le without KD came against a hilariously depleted Cavs team kind of like how Kobe's alpha les came in possibly the weakest Western conference in modern NBA history.

One quick point: until this WCF series, Curry had yet to have a signature playoff series to his name. Kobe has had many, including a few series against us, tbh (2001, 2008)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The two biggest knocks against curry are:
    A) he can only win on stacked teams; and
    B) he never had a legacy setting/ career defining / dominant finals

So when you compare his career to kobe ... wait, what does kobe has going for him again?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    no qualms with amb's post above

but if true why cant KD have a similar case over Bird?

he has as many Finals MVp's as Bird two less regular season ones.
    More scoring les better shooting#'s

The only tangible things bird is clearly better at than KD is Passing and rebounding

Heis also a better leader (tbh) but that is intangible.

KD is the better:

Dribbler
    Shotblocker
    snooter
    Deeper range
    Better in transition
    Pull up jumper
    Fade away jumper
    Faster
    Taller
    better dunker

his career numbers will dwarf Bird's.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 05-23-2019 at 04:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Warriors win it all, Curry will be only the 6th player in history to win at least 4 championships and 2 regular season MVP's (Russell, Kareem, Magic, MJ and Timmy). No he's already higher than Kobe in the all-time list.
    So THAT's the criteria that just came from your asshole.

Good to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The two biggest knocks against curry are:
    A) he can only win on stacked teams; and
    B) he never had a legacy setting/ career defining / dominant finals

So when you compare his career to kobe ... wait, what does kobe has going for him again?
    Bull

You cannot call a team stacked because they drafted well. Klay, Green and Curry were all drafted. They won a ring without Durant. Iggy from the bench != stacked team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only tangible things bird is clearly better at than KD is Passing and rebounding

KD is the better:

Dribbler
    Shotblocker
    snooter
    Deeper range
    Better in transition
    Pull up jumper
    Fade away jumper
    Faster
    Taller
    better dunker

his career numbers will dwark
    KD didn't play against Magic and Micheal or any of the legit centers of the NBA past other than some of his early years when he wasn't making as much noise.

Bird didn't quit and join Mike or Magic. By his own admission KD isn't as good as those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The 1st was impressive. The next 2 were no-brainers after stacking with Durant and all the leg riders that showed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

KD is the better:

Dribbler
    Shotblocker
    snooter
    Deeper range
    Better in transition
    Pull up jumper
    Fade away jumper
    Faster
    Taller
    better dunker

his career numbers will dwark
    Because bird man a three time championship team. He has the biggest one season turnaround in his rookie year until Robinson came along.

There’s no question bird was the man and the Celtics were built around him. Durant joined a team built around curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull

You cannot call a team stacked because they drafted well. Klay, Green and Curry were all drafted. They won a ring without Durant. Iggy from the bench != stacked team.

Why is drafting well not allowed to stacked teams. You just have to have a bunch of great players to have a stacked team. Doesn’t matter if it’s through drafting or free agency.

On the topic of this thread though, some fatso are starting to admit he was wrong about curry. Maybe you should join the line.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...urrys-rank-nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So THAT's the criteria that just came from your asshole.

Good to know.
    You trying to clown people, in general but, on this thread, especifically.

My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL... ing overrated chucker
    How dare you disrespect Steph Carry like that. Do you even pay attention to the games lol?

Thread Information