Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Again, it's not the use necessarily, but the manufacture, where the strip mining and such has a big carbon footprint. Not to mention the carbon footprint with regard to disposal. Sure, a boomer might be addicted to their smartphone, but they're likely still using something from the mid-10s, while millennials line up like lemmings every year to buy the latest horse from Apple or Samsung because it has 3 cameras or some other frivolous feature like morphing your face into an emoji.
    Millennials - the first generation to ever fall for the NEW BIG THING gimmick!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're comparing one thing with a 90%+ cultural penetration to something that 1 in every several hundred or people owns. A millennial could own and swap 100 smart devices in his lifetime and not achieve a fraction of the carbon footprint of a single Camero. They deserve credit for eschewing big pollutants on an individual level.

I can't hold it against them for keeping up with technology. We depend on apps and software that quickly become obsolete thanks to obsolescence schedules put in place by people who aren't millennials.

Boomers are using the 2007 Dell because old people resist change, not because they give a about the environment . And when it stops working, they're going to toss it in the garbage because recycling is for s.
    Yeah, I'd love to see your stats on the comparative carbon footprint of a Camaro vs. the carbon footprint of a 100 smart devices. And what do you think the trucks that deliver all of those smart devices to them run on? Unicorn dust? Or the heavy equipment used to strip mine the materials to manufacture those phones? Greta Thunberg's tears?

My S5 still runs fine. Maybe don't buy in' Apple. They've been planned obsolescence, walled garden bull since their inception. But millennials seem to love Apple because they're so progressive and stylish, right?

Not all change is good just because it's change. If the Dell is serving its purpose, no need to upgrade because the advertising man told you the new model is going to totally make life so much more exciting, convenient, and fun!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest smartphone users doesn’t mean they’re the only ones obsessed with smartphones.

And yeah, those 60+ year olds with a 76% usage rate are totally not dependent
    Use really isn't the problem. It's the manufacturing of them. People who don't give a about their social media presence can ride a mid-10s smartphone to its grave, while millennials apparently need an extra camera for some in' reason. And why in the are smart fridges a thing? Though I could see Xers being taken in by those. Most of the tech is just frivolous bull that doesn't solve any real problems. They're toys. Sure, toys are fun, but if we're really THAT concerned about the environment, why are we buying them and not reusing some fridge from 1970 (which ironically will be better built).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millennials - the first generation to ever fall for the NEW BIG THING gimmick!
    They seem to fall for it quite a lot more. I mean, sure, when you're 20 I get it. But 35 year olds lining up for this is amusing. You're hip to all the memes. Here's one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ And these are millennials and zoomers making these memes, so don't shoot the messenger, bros.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Millenials - the first generation to ever wait in line for a new product!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all this sudden defense of millennials when

5. Millennials - whiny en led brats
    I wonder what it was in my "avocado toast rant" that caused the shift? You've been defending millennials vs. my posts ever since. You own a smart speaker, don't you?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I wonder what it was in my "avocado toast rant" that caused the shift? You've been defending millennials vs. my posts ever since. You own a smart speaker, don't you?
    I was just legitimately curious if you were actually older than I thought you were, because you went on an ultra-generic, buzzword fueled Fox News anti-millennial rant. I honestly thought you were better than that, but it’s all good boomer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just legitimately curious if you were actually older than I thought you were, because you went on an ultra-generic, buzzword fueled Fox News anti-millennial rant. I honestly thought you were better than that, but it’s all good boomer
    Yeah, but I didn't use any generic Fox News millennial buzzwords aside from the avocado toast slight. Calling them "whiny en led brats" who like boy bands and nu-metal is more ultra-generic and "boomer" than anything I wrote in that criticism. And you're not wrong. So where am I "wrong?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They seem to fall for it quite a lot more. I mean, sure, when you're 20 I get it. But 35 year olds lining up for this is amusing. You're hip to all the memes. Here's one.

Nailed it.
    Add first generation to pay $4.50 for a cup of coffee and then whine about being poor.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah, but I didn't use any generic Fox News millennial buzzwords aside from the avocado toast slight. Calling them "whiny en led brats" who like boy bands and nu-metal is more ultra-generic and "boomer" than anything I wrote in that criticism. And you're not wrong. So where am I "wrong?"
    -two avocado toast references
    -thinking millennials still use facebook
    -“narcissistic generation seeking social validation” as if any other generation wasn’t equally narcissistic and in need of peer approval
    -“tech obsessed” as if every other generation just rejected the new technology of their era

all you needed was a “Peter Pan Syndrome” reference to hit Fox News Anti-Millennial Bingo

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nailed it.
    Add first generation to pay $4.50 for a cup of coffee and then whine about being poor.
    case in point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -“narcissistic generation seeking social validation” as if any other generation wasn’t equally narcissistic and in need of peer approval
    -“tech obsessed” as if every other generation just rejected the new technology of their era

all you needed was a “Peter Pan Syndrome” reference to hit Fox News Anti-Millennial Bingo
    It’s you. Own it .
    Veteran of Star Wars and the cola wars.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It’s you. Own it .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This just sounds like a bit more excuse making. People who run for president are usually old. They're usually white, Christian, and rich. In my voting career, I've never had a candidate "I could identify with," but I "just voted," because as trite as it sounds, the lesser of two evils is still a lesser evil. I remained convinced that if Al Gore won (which he actually did), 9/11 and the recession don't happen. The price of not voting in 2016 was getting a 2nd rate game show host as "our" president. Same logic. I think Hillary is probably better prepared for the coronavirus than Trump. At the very least, she wouldn't have stirred up the very ugly racial and nationalistic sentiment Trump did.

For the president, most we can do usually is vote in the lesser of evils. The candidates "you can get excited about," are usually your local politicians, who tend to skew younger and are more directly involved with their base (e.g. Cortez and O'Rourke).
    You can keep saying it's an excuse, but that doesn't make it so. When it was relatively young and not white, they came out in droves to support him. So we're not talking about some imaginary scenario here, this is just as relevant as Shillary being an old and terrible candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But you hit the Fox News anti-millennial bingo with one sentence . Whiny, en led, brats, and their music sucks!

We could honestly say the same thing here about the evil boomers.

-They destroyed the environment!
    As if every other generation and current generations aren't ting on the planet in order to maintain their lifestyle.
    -They're greedy!
    As if every other generation wasn't/isn't greedy.
    -They constantly tell us we're lazy and en led
    As if every other generation didn't experience backlash from their elders.

So I guess we'll conclude here that no generation is really different from another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don’t think you quite got what I was saying but regardless I agree with this.

”JUST VOTE!” doesn’t work when both candidates are for private healthcare, ballooning college tuition, corporate tax cuts and rampant military spending.
    It actually makes up for added frustration.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But you hit the Fox News anti-millennial bingo with one sentence . Whiny, en led, brats, and their music sucks!

We could honestly say the same thing here about the evil boomers.

-They destroyed the environment!
    As if every other generation and current generations aren't ting on the planet in order to maintain their lifestyle.
    -They're greedy!
    As if every other generation wasn't/isn't greedy.
    -They constantly tell us we're lazy and en led
    As if every other generation didn't experience backlash from their elders.

So I guess we'll conclude here that no generation is really different from another.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can keep saying it's an excuse, but that doesn't make it so. When it was relatively young and not white, they came out in droves to support him. So we're not talking about some imaginary scenario here, this is just as relevant as Shillary being an old and terrible candidate.
    So younger voters need a pet candidate in order for them to get out and vote? If preventing a heel like Trump isn't enough to rouse the younger voter base into voting to keep him out of office, I don't know what to say. Terrible or not, Hillary's tax plan should've been enough to get more millennials to the polls. Republicans will often hold their nose for ty candidate if their tax plan is favorable to them. She proposed raising capital gains taxes by double. You can't not take action and then complain that you are being held down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posting that at me when you won the Fox News anti-millennial bingo .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Do you really not understand the point of the OP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So younger voters need a pet candidate in order for them to get out and vote? If preventing a heel like Trump isn't enough to rouse the younger voter base into voting to keep him out of office, I don't know what to say. Terrible or not, Hillary's tax plan should've been enough to get more millennials to the polls. Republicans will often hold their nose for ty candidate if their tax plan is favorable to them. She proposed raising capital gains taxes by double. You can't not take action and then complain that you are being held down.
    It's not just younger, it happens in a number of demographics also. I'm sure 'exciting the base' is not a new term for you, mid? And you keep harping on Trump the president vs Trump the candidate, but we can go back and see what he was campaigning on (a former liberal democrat, no less) and he ran a very lefty campaign.

I can't emphasize enough how bad a candidate Hillary was. I was joking last week that the DNC was going to make Donna Brazile Biden's VP, and half the forum here said they would vote for Trump if that was the case.
    That's how bad Hillary was. Unlikeable and unrelatable to the young, y and corrupt to the older, and yet she still managed to get more votes than Dear Leader, just not where it mattered.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's not just younger, it happens in a number of demographics also. I'm sure 'exciting the base' is not a new term for you, mid? And you keep harping on Trump the president vs Trump the candidate, but we can go back and see what he was campaigning on (a former liberal democrat, no less) and he ran a very lefty campaign.

I can't emphasize enough how bad a candidate Hillary was. I was joking last week that the DNC was going to make Donna Brazile Biden's VP, and half the forum here said they would vote for Trump if that was the case.
    That's how bad Hillary was. Unlikeable and unrelatable to the young, y and corrupt to the older, and yet she still managed to get more votes than Dear Leader, just not where it mattered.
    I’d celebrate Donna Brazile getting coronoavirus tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really not understand the point of the OP?
    Yes, it was to on generations, and Mono on millennials as whiny and en led, so I don't get why he focused on all my criticisms of millennials thereafter. And nowhere in that post did I exalt boomers over millennials. I was simply countering Spurminator's effusive praise of them. Notice I criticized the Greatest Generation, as well. But that didn't seem to draw the same ire. Wonder why?

Thread Information