Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3328
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The efficiency he has displayed in these last couple of games is what will make him a real star for years to come. If he can keep this up, the sky is the limit, since he pretty much can do anything else on a BB court.

It's time to start building the team around him. Vassell seems like a perfect fit at the 2. We have to, once and for all, get that 6'8" forward that can defend and knock down some 3's. I wonder if DJ's raise to s om will start drawing the interest of big name free agents for next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his shot is fine tbh. If you look at his assisted 3 point percentage then it’s really high. He just doesn’t have a lot of those opportunities bc nobody else can create for him. If we had a PG that could collapse the D and get into the lane and be able to pass out to a wide open DJ then I expect him to shoot the ball at a high clip. His shot isn’t broken anymore. He can make the 3 pointer. It’s just that we ask him to create for himself and others. It’s too much to ask of him. We give him zero easy shots. That takes a toll on a player. It’s why Durant went to Golden St. He, and literally everybody else, prefers playing where it isn’t tough to put up shots.

I contend that if DJ were moved spots and be replaced by a Mike Conley type player ( a grizzly version not the jazz version) then DJ would have easier shots. He would be able to focus on his own shot creation and not worry about getting everybody else involved, and be spoon fed some easy shots as well. This would, imo, make him average more points, shoot a higher percentage, and even get to the line more bc he can attack a nonset defense rather than constantly attack a defense that is set up to stop him. His defender or help defender will be out of position more often and lead to more FTA per game.
    Dejounte is not a shooter. It would be a waste to have him play off ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The efficiency he has displayed in these last couple of games is what will make him a real star for years to come. If he can keep this up, the sky is the limit, since he pretty much can do anything else on a BB court.

It's time to start building the team around him. Vassell seems like a perfect fit at the 2. We have to, once and for all, get that 6'8" forward that can defend and knock down some 3's. I wonder if DJ's raise to s om will start drawing the interest of big name free agents for next season.
    No big names are coming to San Antonio, especially not for a rebuild. Spurs have no choice but to build through the draft, hence why it’s so important to tank for a top-5 pick right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the crow in the oven?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No big names are coming to San Antonio, especially not for a rebuild. Spurs have no choice but to build through the draft, hence why it’s so important to tank for a top-5 pick right now.
    When I said "big name" I wasn't really talking about thd Durants and Lebrons of this world, but mainly about some good role playing veterans. Maybe someone like an Otto Porter Jr. lite, which is exactly what we are needing (aside from another star to pair with Dejounte).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st in steals, 4th in assists, and 9th in efficiency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not a perfect player but it has been a joy to watch him grow as a player every single year. It’s a testament to his character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hope he starts developing some connections at the All Star game. Of course, it could go the other way and they recruit him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not a perfect player but it has been a joy to watch him grow as a player every single year. It’s a testament to his character.
    He is a weapon! They respect him as a leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the same disrespect that Kawhi (pre 2017) received from fans of other franchises, Murray receives (from some) in spurstalk, interesting factor, he is already one of the 30-40 best players in the world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he starts developing some connections at the All Star game. Of course, it could go the other way and they recruit him.
    I have a feeling DJ is a Spurs lifer. He relishes that leadership and challenge to bring the team back to glory days. He’s a proud man, overcoming obstacles all his life. I don’t he’s the guy who’ll just give up and ally with another team. He has very strong character and pretty vocal about being the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The second video is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hit the nail on the head with that one. When he came into the league he had bad handle (dribbling at shoulder height) and his shot was a mess with a sideways twist. He's pretty much corrected both those bad habits to become an excellent two way player.

Time for us arm-chair coaches to admit we were wrong about his chances to last in the NBA with those issues--and to give some props also to the drafting brain trust and coaches who saw what he could be with some good coaching. Kudos all around on this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any rooms available? This dude is NASTY!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sick!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hit the nail on the head with that one. When he came into the league he had bad handle (dribbling at shoulder height) and his shot was a mess with a sideways twist. He's pretty much corrected both those bad habits to become an excellent two way player.

Time for us arm-chair coaches to admit we were wrong about his chances to last in the NBA with those issues--and to give some props also to the drafting brain trust and coaches who saw what he could be with some good coaching. Kudos all around on this.
    I'm surprised that he's developed a lot from when he first came in the league. Corrected many flaws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing that’s impressed me about DJ besides the obvious stuff is how has matured. I remember how quick he was to flex anytime he had a highlight play when he first returned from that injury. He also seemed to have that a belief in himself that his play couldn’t back up. Now, it’s the other way around. He’s become a silent killer who knows when and where to strike without any flexing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IS THIS VERSION OF MURRAY BETTER THAN ANY SEASIN OF PARKER? LOL.. BUT MURRAY ISN'T EVEN ON THE TOP 15 FOR MVP WITH THE NUMBERS HIS PUTTING RIGHT NOW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the same disrespect that Kawhi (pre 2017) received from fans of other franchises, Murray receives (from some) in spurstalk, interesting factor, he is already one of the 30-40 best players in the world
    Kawhi was on the mvp conversation that season while murray isnt..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IS THIS VERSION OF MURRAY BETTER THAN ANY SEASIN OF PARKER? LOL.. BUT MURRAY ISN'T EVEN ON THE TOP 15 FOR MVP WITH THE NUMBERS HIS PUTTING RIGHT NOW.
    idk about that. 2009-2013 Parker was a beast, and TP was a legit MVP candidate in 2013. of course, put this DJ on those Spurs teams in his place and I bet he's getting MVP talk too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the crow in the oven?
    Crow is an ST favorite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s definitely nice to have a franchise type player on the roster. The starting lineup with Keldon, Vassell, Jakob has been a joy to watch. I’m excited to see how the Spurs can build around him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, I realize that Murray’s rise further grows the Spurs’ reputation for developing players. Think about it: MANY young players would point to Kawhi being their favorite player and attributed his success to the Spurs. I recall many videos of prospects coming out of college stating that they wouldn’t mind being drafted by the Spurs because of how Kawhi developed. Murray would be another example for young kids. I think it will cause future players drafted by the Spurs to believe in the program even more, and the fact that Murray was a 29th pick will strengthen that. This is a very good thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, I realize that Murray’s rise further grows the Spurs’ reputation for developing players. Think about it: MANY young players would point to Kawhi being their favorite player and attributed his success to the Spurs. I recall many videos of prospects coming out of college stating that they wouldn’t mind being drafted by the Spurs because of how Kawhi developed. Murray would be another example for young kids. I think it will cause future players drafted by the Spurs to believe in the program even more, and the fact that Murray was a 29th pick will strengthen that. This is a very good thing.
    I concur! Langford is the next project…. Hopefully he’s ready for the challenge! He appears intelligent & crafty

Thread Information