Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Biden ed up by reneging on his pledge to veto the Rob Portman infrastructure plan if it wasn't passed jointly with BBB. Once he backpedaled on that and basically said he'll pass whatever congress sends him first I think it emboldened Manchin/Sinema into thinking they could bully him.

Sinema is just acting in bad faith. Manchin is acting out of self-interest and he's also just a bumbling idiot who's obsessed with 1990s era ideas about "work requirements" and "means testing." At one point he demanded that paid family leave have a work requirement

The party committees should create a new policy that they won't support any candidate who takes money from No Labels PAC and/or doesn't support obvious like giving Medicare the ability to negotiate drug prices.
    Lol. I think the biggest thing hurting Democrats to be serious for a second is how this covid is dragging on forever. Biden had that one covid speech where he almost like declared victory over it but then the second wave and the breakthrough bull started happening. Of course a lot of people prolonging this is the ing, dumb white trash rightwingers who won't get vaccinated but swing voters blame whoever is in power. It's funny cuz my family has some white trash right wingers in it and all they said going into the election was "watch what happens when the elections over. the media will stop talking about covid they only talk about it a lot cuz Trump's in power" lmao

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Lol. I think the biggest thing hurting Democrats to be serious for a second is how this covid is dragging on forever. Biden had that one covid speech where he almost like declared victory over it but then the second wave and the breakthrough bull started happening. Of course a lot of people prolonging this is the ing, dumb white trash rightwingers who won't get vaccinated but swing voters blame whoever is in power. It's funny cuz my family has some white trash right wingers in it and all they said going into the election was "watch what happens when the elections over. the media will stop talking about covid they only talk about it a lot cuz Trump's in power" lmao
    Agreed completely. In May/June when people weren't wearing masks and everything was getting back to normal his approvals were high.

One thing I disagree with was bringing all the mask mandates/restrictions back. Punishing everyone for the anti-vaxxer stupidity is killing Biden with the swing voters imo. Notwithstanding all the exit polling in Virginia that was bad for Democrats, vaccine mandates had high approvals. Biden should have gone with those early on and discouraged mask mandates. Making anti-vaxxers the enemy is popular politically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needle down to 2.1%
    Will Hunting Reck Winehole23 RandomGuy get in here...

McAuliffe is pulling this off after all.
    Looks like not. Off year elections are typically bad for democrats.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Needle down to 2.1%
    Will Hunting Reck Winehole23 RandomGuy get in here...

McAuliffe is pulling this off after all.
    what were you smoking when you posted this? There was never any point when results were getting posted that looked like McAuliffe was winning. Once we saw what the margins were in Loudoun County it was over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed completely. In May/June when people weren't wearing masks and everything was getting back to normal his approvals were high.

One thing I disagree with was bringing all the mask mandates/restrictions back. Punishing everyone for the anti-vaxxer stupidity is killing Biden with the swing voters imo. Notwithstanding all the exit polling in Virginia that was bad for Democrats, vaccine mandates had high approvals. Biden should have gone with those early on and discouraged mask mandates. Making anti-vaxxers the enemy is popular politically.
    Solid take, but not the man's style, unfortunately.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

then again if they keep the vaccine mandate up too much they could start seeing the black vote creep into the 30s %+ for the GOP which could be the death knell for the Dems in a lot of swing states like GA, NC, VA, PA, MI, even WI. Not so much AZ or NV, but Latino trends recently are also worrisome for Dems. The Dems need to get the young white vote out to actually vote as much as possible. I read somewhere that somewhere around 86% of young millennial college educated voters (22-35) that don't have any children, say they prefer Democrats over Republicans and/or identify as liberal... I would say that's a large voting bloc

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this rate I think the GOP is gonna pick up 20+ seats. So far the Dems have repeated every mistake from 2009 and 2010 and I don’t see it getting any better. Biden should have taken a much more proactive role in getting BBB through congress, instead he’s just sat back and watched the party fight with itself the same way Obama did with the ACA.
    ACA eventually passed. 50/50 on whether BBB Infra will eventually pass; the Dems don't have the majorities they did back in those days.

Agreed, but, the GOP picking up 20-25 seats next year is a small victory for the Democrats and ensures the GOP won't ever be able to reach a type of landslide majority they had for most of the 2010s in the House. If the GOP is only ahead in the House by 10-15 seats there could be enough moderate Republicans to vote no on some bills or outright reject to draft radical stuff like anti abortion or phobic crap.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    then again if they keep the vaccine mandate up too much they could start seeing the black vote creep into the 30s %+ for the GOP
    no....the dumb anti-vax, "muh Tuskegee Experiment!" n!ggers still vote overwhelmingly Democrat no matter what. Most of them are anti-vaxxers out of laziness who say like they have no way to get transportation to the nearest CVS that's 3 blocks away, not anti-vaxxers for political reasons.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no....the dumb anti-vax, "muh Tuskegee Experiment!" n!ggers still vote overwhelmingly Democrat no matter what. Most of them are anti-vaxxers out of laziness who say like they have no way to get transportation to the nearest CVS that's 3 blocks away, not anti-vaxxers for political reasons.
    ing Ice Cube is one of these muh Tuskegee antivaxxers. Just cost him $9 million when he got kicked off a movie he was filming for being an antivaxx .

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Will?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ing Ice Cube is one of these muh Tuskegee antivaxxers. Just cost him $9 million when he got kicked off a movie he was filming for being an antivaxx .
    I must have missed the part of muh Tuskegee Experiments when white people were getting the same experimental medical treatment that black people were getting

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You've changed, Will.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You've changed, Will.
    I've been critical of black Democrats who are anti-vaxx for months. I don't discriminate on that front.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've been critical of black Democrats who are anti-vaxx for months. I don't discriminate on that front.
    Regardless, I like this new Will. Just don't back slide.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Well, he said during the campaign we will listen to St. Fauci of Wuhan on whatever instructions are given. I guess people weren't paying attention or they were just as bamboozled by him as Biden was.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Well, he said during the campaign we will listen to St. Fauci of Wuhan on whatever instructions are given. I guess people weren't paying attention or they were just as bamboozled by him as Biden was.
    Fauci has ed a lot of things up since Biden made that statement, so I'd expect Biden to renege on the pledge to listen to Fauci.

After the that came out where Fauci used tax payer money to fund dog torturing experience, he should be fired imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they could start seeing the black vote creep into the 30s %+ for the GOP which could be the death knell
    Lmao slow the down. You guys did like 2% better on Hispanics (while losing an election fairly badly) and you still get raped among every single minority group

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then again if they keep the vaccine mandate up too much they could start seeing the black vote creep into the 30s %+ for the GOP
    pure confirmation bias. Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen deranged leftists on Twitter unironically claim that we can rely on street gangs (yes, like the bloods and the crips) to maintain order in lieu of police
    sounds like you are terminally online

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's just happy you're using slurs

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    sounds like you are terminally online
    Na, I deactivated my Twitter account.

Those leftists are terminally online tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci has ed a lot of things up since Biden made that statement, so I'd expect Biden to renege on the pledge to listen to Fauci.

After the that came out where Fauci used tax payer money to fund dog torturing experience, he should be fired imo.
    bruh

if you have moral qualms about animal testing in general, that's one thing. but you know the report that vent viral about them funding a particular experiment where their faces were basically trapped os they could get mauled by flies... was bull right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao slow the down. You guys did like 2% better on Hispanics (while losing an election fairly badly) and you still get raped among every single minority group
    Kind of hard to do better among minorities if you spend all your time calling them dirty, diseased, lazy etc.

The party of rich white guys is never going to make inroads, especially with the faustian bargain they have made with the white supremicists and racists that form the core of the MAGA crowd.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    bruh

if you have moral qualms about animal testing in general, that's one thing. but you know the report that vent viral about them funding a particular experiment where their faces were basically trapped os they could get mauled by flies... was bull right?
    The article in The Hill was bull ? That's where I read it.

Thread Information