Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2741
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly what I just said out loud.

Forget whether or not the Spurs should have released Primo. It's obvious that they had to. The real organizational danger now is if the Spurs knew something and sat on it or covered it up. If that happened, people will get fired. I'm not sure that Brian Wright or even RC Buford could survive those allegations.

The word "multiple" in the Woj bomb should be terrifying to everyone in the front office, ownership and Pop himself.
    good. The FO been needing some changes. Kick all these oldass „we need to make these players better human beings“ guys out and bring in some folks who actually care about basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I don't think that happened imo. The speed in which they dropped his ass leads me to believe it came to light the day of reckoning, considering he was yucking it up on the sidelines the previous game. Then again, people could know. I can see one of the Drunkfords trying to cover it up but not Poop.
    Maybe the lawsuit is coming came out to them
    They then scrubbed kind of like Clinton did to her server after told she could not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs run a tight ship and limit risk I can't fathom a situation where they would knowingly take on serious legal liability to help cover up for a barely fringe contributor to the franchise. Much easier to cut ties instead and preserve the overwhelming rest of the value.
    Defense Exhibit Number 1 for the Spurs that they didn't know about this:

They recently gave Primo an extension (which they now have to eat).

That may be the best $8 million they ever spent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention the NBA league suspension which will likely be quite long. (Way longer than Watson's.)

The league is already pretty gun shy about these things with the Phoenix owner and Udoka.

Primo looks primed to be made an example of.
    From what I've heard, I don't think the NBA itself issues suspensions for off the court stuff without players being found guilty or an equivalent plea.

That's why Bridges in Charlotte hasn't been suspended despite felony charges. He's just in limbo because this stuff popped up right as he became a free agent

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Multiple victims implies that this isn't just an isolated, one-off incident. Huge ramifications for the Spurs if they kept this under wraps and let him get away with warnings.
    i was gonna say there's no way upper management would've known and kept this under wraps.

but tbh, maybe they did know of it happening once... or heard rumors ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say I love the narrative for Blake Wesley now.

Maybe he's still raw and not really ready but then the storyline hits. His team comes to him saying he must step into a expanded role sooner than he may be ready for because the guy ahead of him for the promotion betrayed the team. Now it's Blakes destiny to step into possibly bigger shoes than he can immediately fill but there's no time to even over think about it because he's the only hope now to recover what's been lost. Blake is now forged by sheer survival necessity. The pressure turns diamonds out.

A destiny character arc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this Organization is very good at not revealing anything so idk..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've heard, I don't think the NBA itself issues suspensions for off the court stuff without players being found guilty or an equivalent plea.

That's why Bridges in Charlotte hasn't been suspended despite felony charges. He's just in limbo because this stuff popped up right as he became a free agent
    Makes sense. The NBA players have a way stronger union than those NFL no guaranteed contracts cannon fodder guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did the Spurs really know and when did they really know it?

I guess the truth will be found out during discovery.
    Going to be really bad if they knew about it a while ago. Especially because of the rep they try to maintain. But also, I don't think they would have risked it for Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Dover-Richardson RichardsonDover
    Sources tell me that Josh Primo was sexually assaulted by a female employee and she exposed him. Shame on the spurs for cutting a victim.
    5:08 PM · Oct 29, 2022

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BGDEZ
    @BGDEZ2
    ·
    1h
    Replying to rAmonashelburne
    and
    @wojespn
    Why do pro sports teams keep trying to hide and protect these guys?The Spurs need to be investigated!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sources tell me that Josh Primo was sexually assaulted by a female employee and she exposed him. Shame on the spurs for cutting a victim.
    Yes but what does I.P. Freely have to say about this?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I don't think that happened imo. The speed in which they dropped his ass leads me to believe it came to light the day of reckoning, considering he was yucking it up on the sidelines the previous game. Then again, people could know. I can see one of the Drunkfords trying to cover it up but not Poop.
    I tend to agree. The speed with which the moved and the fact that the really invested a lot into him as the future face, leads me to believe this was “news” to them too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good. The FO been needing some changes. Kick all these oldass „we need to make these players better human beings“ guys out and bring in some folks who actually care about basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad ducks. Bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And some of y’all were mad that DJ didn‘t embrace Primo

problems bigger than basketball makes a whole lot of sense now
    Multiple posters on this site always talking about Murray's "immaturity" and somehow questioning his character and talking about how he was not "spurs material"...

And now the guy who is replacing him is out here whipping his out at work like some re ed man child and trying to pull a "b-b-b-but my mental health I didn't know I couldn't pull my out at work pray for me to get better"

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but what does I.P. Freely have to say about this?
    Apparently Phil McHawk was also a victim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to agree. The speed with which the moved and the fact that the really invested a lot into him as the future face, leads me to believe this was “news” to them too.
    Maybe but there is aLso a possibility that they found out their cover up was going to be leaked and exposed.

This didn't seem to be an isolated event if the word" Multiple "hold some weight to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its only public because of the lawyer. Do you think civil lawyers call you ahead of time to be nice?
    Was referencing the DeShaun Watson affair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge blessing in disguise if Spurs can navigate out of this legally speaking because in looking at the roster construction and Primo's flat development it looks like Primo was the weak link on this team and kind of a turd clog in team concept.

This clears the most questionable contributor with possibly the weakest shown promise and stops the decay of potential behind Primo (Blake and Bran and in foresight, possibly more FRPs in 2023)

Primo was getting better, and he was picked so green you couldn't really expect much at this point anyway, but the eye test on almost everyone else was so much more encouraging to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh honest they have a team that vegas gave the lowest championship odds playing like a marginal playoff team at present. Coaching em up haw never been the problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh honest they have a team that vegas gave the lowest championship odds playing like a marginal playoff team at present. Coaching em up haw never been the problem
    and you think that is good when we just traded our All-Star PG away and are actually trying to tank?

Thread Information