Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AOCOPTICPOCALYPSE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting to hear that this is all optics.
    There might be more, only took me a few minutes to find the links.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting to hear that this is all optics.
    Cheap nihilism incoming.

”it’s all kayfabe”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She visited a church "In response to this, congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez addressed Mr. Sihotang saying, “I’m so sorry this happened. This is not something that should ever happen in the United States. We are working very hard to make sure we work together to create a country where what happened to you doesn’t happen to another person in the United States. There is a direction separating immigrants from US citizens as if immigrants and immigrant families are deserving of less rights than US citizens. We are here to say, that is not true! We are here to fight for every single human being to have the basic human dignity and rights that everyone deserves.”

Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Introduced 11/14/2019)
    Sponsor: Rep. Omar, Ilhan [D-MN-5] (Introduced 11/21/2019)

I stopped viewing your links after those. You just fling anything out.

I guess they got it all sorted out then, NY no longer has needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheap nihilism incoming.

”it’s all kayfabe”
    I expect more, “let me explain my last vague and elliptical comment.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin’s all good, so the public emergency is over.
    Are you out transporting water to those in need?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She visited a church "In response to this, congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez addressed Mr. Sihotang saying, “I’m so sorry this happened. This is not something that should ever happen in the United States. We are working very hard to make sure we work together to create a country where what happened to you doesn’t happen to another person in the United States. There is a direction separating immigrants from US citizens as if immigrants and immigrant families are deserving of less rights than US citizens. We are here to say, that is not true! We are here to fight for every single human being to have the basic human dignity and rights that everyone deserves.”

Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Introduced 11/14/2019)
    Sponsor: Rep. Omar, Ilhan [D-MN-5] (Introduced 11/21/2019)

I stopped viewing your links after those. You just fling anything out.

I guess they got it all sorted out then, NY no longer has needs.
    You’re the only one saying so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re the only one saying so.
    No one else reads your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today was my first day back at work. Tomorrow I might carry some water for someone else, what do you plan to do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one else reads your .
    Non-sequitur.

At least you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today was my first day back at work. Tomorrow I might carry some water for someone else, what do you plan to do?
    I might cure cancer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might cure cancer.
    Go for it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stopped reading.
    What a surprise.

Did you notice the co-sponsors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHY DOES ANYONE EXPECT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND THEIR AGENTS TO DO SOMETHING THEY'RE NOT DOING THEMSELVES? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY COULD DO HERE? THEY'RE ACTUALLY HELPING TEXANS BY GOING TO CANCUN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHY DOES ANYONE EXPECT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND THEIR AGENTS TO DO SOMETHING THEY'RE NOT DOING THEMSELVES? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY COULD DO HERE? THEY'RE ACTUALLY HELPING TEXANS BY GOING TO CANCUN
    If I can find bottled water somewhere today, I’ll be happy to help out. Sure am glad Texas is getting help from the federal government and other states, bottles are kindly hard to find in supermarkets and C-stores right now.

It might be more effective to donate money directly to groups organizing relief than going it alone, I just made a donation to Feeding Texas.

How to help

If you have plenty of supplies, or are out of state and looking to provide help, here is a list of organizations you can contribute to:

• Feeding Texas is taking donations here.
    • You can donate to the Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies here.
    • Mutual Aid Houston, Austin Mutual Aid,Feed the People Dallas, Para Mi Gente in San Antonio and many other local groups are all seeking donation
    • The Way Home, a coalition of organizations in the Houston area working to prevent homelessness, is asking for donations here
    • You can find a list of organizations seeking donations in the Dallas area here.
    • Various organizations in Austin are accepting donations to help people who need resources to help the homeless or those in need of resources. The Austin Area Urban League is organizing an emergency drive hereand Front Steps, a nonprofit that offers resources to the homeless, is asking for blanket donations here
    • The Rio Grande Valley food bank has also launched a winter storm assistance campaign and anyone who wants to help can make a donation here.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02...d-15ab3bf55c6b
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-21-2021 at 08:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To avoid catatrophic electric bills this month, it were well to discontinue automatic bill payments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, when are we going to find out our next energy bill? CPS has shut down their "Manage My Account" page.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, when are we going to find out our next energy bill? CPS has shut down their "Manage My Account" page.
    Damn.

I vaguely recall that CPS said it would stretch out the payments over a period of years instead of sending gigantic lump sums this month, I'll see if I can dig up the comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News 4 Trouble Shooter Emily Bau broke the story that the part of CPS Energy’s website that shows how much power you’ve used could be giving inaccurate information. Now, that portal is no longer available.

"We have tried our best to be honest with our community from the get-go,” CPS Energy’s chief customer engagement officer Rudy Garza said Saturday morning.

But Friday morning, the Trouble Shooters alerted the company a viewer told us she was in the dark for days, but the CPS Energy website showed she was still using power.
    Garza told you, if you have questions, just call CPS. But neither he nor Gold-Williams answered our question Friday: "Is there a problem with the website customers are using to check their power?"

Then overnight, we received several tweets from people saying the “My Energy Portal” that shows how much power you’re using is gone.

"I asked a direct question in yesterday's briefing about the customer portal and reports it was not working. Why wasn't that addressed when I asked that question so we could properly warn people?” Bau asked Saturday morning.

"I do remember that you raised an issue on that,” Gold-Williams answered. “And we acknowledge that whatever that is, we don't want people to be alarmed by that."
    She explained they want to make sure you’re not charged for power you didn’t get.

"We have cut off our 'Manage My Account' system for right now because we're going to need to go in and correct those systems and take those charges out,” Gold-Williams said.

The process will take time. It’s an intentional slow-down of the billing system.

"We're trying to go through hundreds of thousands of accounts,” Gold-Williams said.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/trouble-shooters/cps-energy-ceo-says-relax-about-your-bill-as-customer-portal-removed-to-review-accounts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disregard. Current bill is only a little over $200. How in the are people having bills in the 10s of thousands of dollars?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that most of us have reliable power back, the new concern is making sure we can all afford our bills.

The Trouble Shooters have told you CPS Energy is extremely worried about skyrocketing natural gas prices, warning we’ll likely be paying for this power crisis for at least the next ten years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disregard. Current bill is only a little over $200. How in the are people having bills in the 10s of thousands of dollars?
    Good question. Maybe some of the charges will disappear when they're formally challlenged. More customers, I would guess, will have their bills stretched out over a period of years, like CPS is doing to folks in SA

I'd be shocked if there weren't a rash of lawsuits over this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let a million GoFundMes bloom

Thread Information