Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol...pop seeing a veteran standing in front of young talent? Was that really typed? Has that thought ever gone through his head? Just curious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be. This team is full of losers and a coach who can't get out of his own way. these clowns.
    Rocalcio with the truth nukes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If snake leaves the Warriors and C.Paul starts declining as fast as i think he will, we might have a shot but seeing LMA and Dechokezan on the roster gives me cause to pause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got to get rid of DDR-he drags the whole team down like Jefferson
    Get rid of Patty.
    Find two 6' 7" dudes who are tough, play d and can hit a stand still three and maybe dribble a bit-then you got a good team
    DDR is the problem-the stench around him is defeating

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will make the playoffs again as a low seed, which is a fine accomplishment, can't let Pop be in the lottery in his last years, would be shameful..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing some rumble that Aminu could be had for the full MLE. He can play 3/4 (and possibly defend 1/2) and small ball 5, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we've seen the best of Aldridge this season. I don't think he's played any better, ever!!

When he does put his mind to it on defense, he does well. Witness last quarter against Jokic.

DeRozan is only in the first season. He's got an entire summer to fix his game.

Spurs have 2 1st round drafts.

There are a ton of good role players becoming free agents.

The honest truth is Spurs have better chance next year than this year (this is despite the weak playoff schedule the Spurs were gifted with).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay may have to take a hometown discount to be re-signed.

PATFO probably sees him as standing in the way of some of the youngsters -- DJ, White, Walker.

One or more of those guys will likely see some time at the 3 spot. They are the future at that position.

Gay has said he's a "Spur for life." He may have to prove it by taking a bit less to stay . . .
    Even if Walker breaks out like White did this year there will still be good minutes playing four for Gay. What I'm more concerned with is dumping one of Mills or Belinelli so Murray, White, and Forbes can play most of the guard minutes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to the draft & what players we can get to upgrade the roster! Montejunas will know the system more & will probably help this team next year!
    Danatas will not be back. Enjoy more scared Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rocalcio with the truth nukes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After watching him shoot a free throw I am cool with him not coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ready to move on from Patty, Marco, Rudy, Cunningham, Poindexter, and DDR. LMA is in the doghouse, but is the only vet left that can score consistently. Need to let loose and see what Walker and Bertans can really do with significant minutes.
    I'm with you on all of this.

DeMar had the most efficient season of his career...which is sad since we still saw plenty of moments where he was either chucking away needlessly or letting the refs get in his head. He has the most value on the market, but also has an albatross of a contract to move.

Patty is still getting paid on a good series that he had 5 years ago. I don't care how nice of a guy he is, he can't defend or pass, and his three-pointer has abandoned him. 2014 was great and all, but...GTFO. Please trade him while he still has some value. Same goes with Beli, tbh.

Gay CAN be the Spurs x-factor....but that only happens like 40% of the time. You never know what you are going to get. On the fence with him coming back.

Dante and Pondy are obvious outs. Total waste of space on the bench, not sure what the FO was thinking.

Keep LMA, get a legitimate 2nd star next to him, and hope Murray comes back strong next year. The rest can work itself out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Spurstalk fans have set their expectations at competing for a championship. If that’s what your expectations are you’re guaranteed to be ing next season. Realistically teams can be divided into three groups, true potential championship contenders like this year GS, Bucks, Toronto, Houston, teams with unrealistic hopes of championships like Boston, Philly, those many that hope that are on the rise to contenders like Denver, Clips, Sac and finally those that are striving to get into the playoffs and hoping for their young players to show significant progress. Spurs fall into the last group with probably a higher level of making the playoffs to many in that group. Best outcome is a good draft relative to position and continued development of Murray, White and Walker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Spurstalk fans have set their expectations at competing for a championship. If that’s what your expectations are you’re guaranteed to be ing next season. Realistically teams can be divided into three groups, true potential championship contenders like this year GS, Bucks, Toronto, Houston, teams with unrealistic hopes of championships like Boston, Philly, those many that hope that are on the rise to contenders like Denver, Clips, Sac and finally those that are striving to get into the playoffs and hoping for their young players to show significant progress. Spurs fall into the last group with probably a higher level of making the playoffs to many in that group. Best outcome is a good draft relative to position and continued development of Murray, White and Walker.
    I agree about above being realistic about the roster. The Spurs play in the West and teams with more talent like the Lakers, Wolves, Pelicans never had a chance.

We all wish that the Spurs can bring back the 2014 beautiful game, but it isn't easy to find that kind of talent!

The closest thing the Spurs could have been is the Toronto Raptors. But they had the benefit of drafting much earlier than the Spurs. The Raptors play the same deliberate game as the Spurs but with the talent to make it really far.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really haven't seen anything that would keep me optimistic for next season. Optimistic for what? winning 40 games? making the #8 seed? Surely it isn't because the Spurs are going to the finals.

It has been a long time since I've seen the Spurs team playing such a discombobulated BB - no passing - just bad, ugly . And the demeanor was even worse. It reminded me of the Phoenix series when the Spurs lost to Dragic. Last 30 seconds yesterday showed you everything you need to know about this roster.

No, I'm sorry, I called it when people here were saying "this is the easiest bracket"... The Spurs are entering rebuilding mode now that we know LMA and DDR will not be franchise players ever. The Spurs got ed in the ass by nephew and that's pretty much it.

So no optimistic at all but hoping that somehow they get lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to the draft & what players we can get to upgrade the roster! Montejunas will know the system more & will probably help this team next year!
    Whoever we draft will not upgrade the roster until 2020-21 at the earliest under Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I counted 4 groups, but you got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really haven't seen anything that would keep me optimistic for next season. Optimistic for what? winning 40 games? making the #8 seed? Surely it isn't because the Spurs are going to the finals.

It has been a long time since I've seen the Spurs team playing such a discombobulated BB - no passing - just bad, ugly .

So no optimistic at all but hoping that somehow they get lucky.
    During all of the iterations over the last 20+ years, the Spurs played with intelligence, effort and focus. This year's team rarely exhibited all 3 at the same time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Low expectations just hoping to see White,Murray,Walker all get a lot of minutes. I think those 3 could be exciting to watch. Also waiting to see who they draft with their two picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During all of the iterations over the last 20+ years, the Spurs played with intelligence, effort and focus. This year's team rarely exhibited all 3 at the same time.
    Honestly, if we had Manu in the roster in the playoffs, we would have won against the Nuggets. Manu gave up on the talent of this team too early.

On the other hand, Manu was playing only to win another time. He played last year expecting Kawhi to be back. Never happened. He knew to odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, if we had Manu in the roster in the playoffs, we would have won against the Nuggets. Manu gave up on the talent of this team too early.

On the other hand, Manu was playing only to win another time. He played last year expecting Kawhi to be back. Never happened. He knew to odds.
    I would take Manu NEXT season over Dumbmar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Manu NEXT season over Dumbmar.
    Yeah, but we are stuck with DeRozan. This team doesn't have superstars, we have players that are paid like superstars but at best good players in the regular season.

Gay is the star with the most talent, but he's falling to pieces. He just lost all his mobility and quickness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant is gone to Knicks or wherever. Green has regressed. I don’t really see them being dominant anymore especially after the Clips series. I think Pop will prepare for Nuggets, depending Jokic. It’s another version of Nowitzki, and now we don’t have Timmy. We can continue developing Poeltl as defender. He is long, active and great bball IQ. Guarding that pick and roll with combinations of DJ/White and Lonnie should be okay. Spurs need a Baynes as insurance. I don’t know if DMo it is. Spurs should be above Utah, OKC, Blazers. Clippers could be good with their salary break and West on the helm, and the owner is like Cuban who will not spare on anything. Lakers will be there also. I really don’t think they would waste LeBron’s talent. Kings will be good but I don’t see them as better than Spurs. Regardless, Spurs will be in the mix, maybe 2nd or even first defending on Dubs and how we PATFO play their cards.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu would have never let these players not foul in the last 30s. He would have smacked the out of their bat faces

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu would have never let these players not foul in the last 30s. He would have smacked the out of their bat faces
    Manu might have slapped Wombat and Beli for not playing defense

Thread Information